Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Here's Lucy links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Here's Lucy Photo Gallery


Here's Lucy - Season One

Buy Here's Lucy - Season One on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Two

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Two on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Three

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Three on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Four

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Four on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Five

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Five on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Six

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Six on DVD
Here's Lucy - The Complete Series

Buy Here's Lucy - The Complete Series on DVD

Buy Here's Lucy - Best Loved Episodes from the Hit TV Series / Buy Here's Lucy - Best of Collection

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Here's Lucy

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Shows to Catch Up on This Summer; The Conners Coming to ABC Tuesdays This Fall
3rd Rock from the Sun Launches on Laff in July; The CW Fall 2018 Premiere Dates
NBC Fall 2018 Premiere Dates; Season 4 of Bounce Sitcom Premieres July 2
The History of Comedy Returns to CNN; Showtime Gets First Late Night Talk Show
Showtime Gets Don Cheadle Comedy; HBO Special Directed by Jerrod Carmichael Coming Soon
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 18, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Spinoff One Step Closer to Reality; Netflix to Air New Season of Lucifer
Fri-Yay: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Finally Finds Its Best Self; All About the Washingtons with Rev Run Coming to Netflix
Paramount Network Comedy Scores in Ratings; Stan Against Evil Returns on Halloween for Season 3
WGN America Picks Up Two Original Series; Pop TV Orders New Comedy Florida Girls


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)

Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season Step by Step - The Complete First Season Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2015, 10:56 AM   #1
retroTVfan4ever
Member
Senior Member
 
retroTVfan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 30, 2009
Posts: 3,199
Default Episode- Lucy Loses Her Cool

This is the 3rd season episode with Art Linkletter, he did the episode introduction on the 3rd season DVD. Art Linkletter passed away on May 26, 2010. The 3rd season DVD was released on June 15, 2010. I wonder if the episode introduction was filmed soon before Mr. Linkletter passed away, perhaps this was his last filmed appearance. Can anyone verify?
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:47 PM   #2
LittleRickyII
Member
Senior Member
 
LittleRickyII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 22, 2009
Location: California
Posts: 2,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
This is the 3rd season episode with Art Linkletter, he did the episode introduction on the 3rd season DVD. Art Linkletter passed away on May 26, 2010. The 3rd season DVD was released on June 15, 2010. I wonder if the episode introduction was filmed soon before Mr. Linkletter passed away, perhaps this was his last filmed appearance. Can anyone verify?
I know the guys who did these introductions. Many of them were taped years ago and, as I recall, I think some of them were produced not necessarily for the purpose of being used on Here's Lucy DVDs. But the timing worked out so that they could be used for that purpose. Also, Lucie Arnaz had intended to put this series out on DVD long before it actually happened with MPI. The work remastering of all the episodes began years ago, and then there was a ShoutFactory release of a "best of" collection. Originally, the season releases were going to begin not too long after that, through ShoutFactory. But things fell apart with ShoutFactory and it was a few years after that that a deal worked out with MPI to release the DVDs. But most of the major legwork had already been completed before the releases began.
LittleRickyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:28 PM   #3
retroTVfan4ever
Member
Senior Member
 
retroTVfan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 30, 2009
Posts: 3,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRickyII
I know the guys who did these introductions. Many of them were taped years ago and, as I recall, I think some of them were produced not necessarily for the purpose of being used on Here's Lucy DVDs. But the timing worked out so that they could be used for that purpose. Also, Lucie Arnaz had intended to put this series out on DVD long before it actually happened with MPI. The work remastering of all the episodes began years ago, and then there was a ShoutFactory release of a "best of" collection. Originally, the season releases were going to begin not too long after that, through ShoutFactory. But things fell apart with ShoutFactory and it was a few years after that that a deal worked out with MPI to release the DVDs. But most of the major legwork had already been completed before the releases began.
I'm glad MPI was the studio to release Here's Lucy, they usually do a good job with their DVD's. The episode remastering was done well, they do look and sound great. Combining The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy, there are 300 episodes. That's a lot of Lucy!
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #4
LittleRickyII
Member
Senior Member
 
LittleRickyII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 22, 2009
Location: California
Posts: 2,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
I'm glad MPI was the studio to release Here's Lucy, they usually do a good job with their DVD's. The episode remastering was done well, they do look and sound great. Combining The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy, there are 300 episodes. That's a lot of Lucy!
That is a lot of Lucy. Do you remember when TVLand used to air reruns of The Lucy Show and I Love Lucy and Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour on Saturday nights? Maybe you're too young; it was about 20 years ago. Anyway, they called it "A Whole Lotta Lucy." Here's a promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_tmZMceABE
LittleRickyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:41 AM   #5
retroTVfan4ever
Member
Senior Member
 
retroTVfan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 30, 2009
Posts: 3,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRickyII
That is a lot of Lucy. Do you remember when TVLand used to air reruns of The Lucy Show and I Love Lucy and Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour on Saturday nights? Maybe you're too young; it was about 20 years ago.
I'm 54, but I never watched Nick At Nite all that much, so no I'm not aware they used to have a block of Lucy programming. One thing I do recall from Nick At Nite is, during April of 1991 they aired all the episodes of Get Smart in 7 nights. They called it Maximum Smart. However, the episodes were edited. I recorded the entire marathon on VHS tapes. Then about 10 years ago, Time Life released Get Smart on DVD, the uncut episodes. I bought the DVD's, so the tapes then became obsolete. I recorded over them and used them for something else.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.