Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 01:54 PM   #16
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiahthomas
Most of ya'll on here are white and you aren't black like me. So you can't relate to what I'm talking about. Bottom line is i need to talk to a psychiatrist because i have a learning disability. That's why i can't get a job and keep a job. That's one of the symptoms of a learning disability. It's possible i may never work again and I'm gonna have to get a government check. I would rather work than get a government check. But if i can't work, then I'm gonna have to get a government check because that's the only way i can take care of myself. I'm not making this stuff up just so i can get attention because I've never done things for attention. My situation is very serious and i need to talk to somebody before i end up homeless and without a car.

You are using being black and learning disabled as an excuse. There are many disabled people who can't work yet are denied, so I doubt you'll be accepted. Work on bettering yourself by taking anything you can. I know many black people who have been very successful.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:59 PM   #17
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

I don't care if disabled people have been denied for getting SSD check. I'm not trying to get SSD check but i would like to get a SSI check. I'm not making up a excuse for having a learning disability because i believe i do have that. I told you my work history is bad and i can't keep a job. I've done some reading about a learning disability and that's why i know i have that problem. If i didn't have this problem, i wouldn't be unemployed.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:01 PM   #18
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
I don't care if disabled people have been denied for getting SSD check. I'm not trying to get SSD check but i would like to get a SSI check. I'm not making up a excuse for having a learning disability because i believe i do have that. I told you my work history is bad and i can't keep a job. I've done some reading about a learning disability and that's why i know i have that problem. If i didn't have this problem, i wouldn't be unemployed.

My point is they won't give you a check for being learning disabled, especially being a childless man. They might help you find a job and if you have trouble concentrating giving you medicine.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:06 PM   #19
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

How do you know i wouldn't get a SSI check for having a learning disability and i have no kids? That shouldn't have nothing to do with me getting a check because i need government money to live if i can't get a job. Now if they do have a job program for people who have a learning disability and they can help me get a full time job, that's a different story. If they were to do that, then i wouldn't want a SSI check. I'm gonna have to look and see if there's any job programs in Maryland or Virginia for people like me who have a learning disability and are struggling to find jobs and keep them.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #20
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Isiahthomas---- That is the key. You have to do it!! You have to look into all this and follow through!! I don't want to sound harsh, but you come on here all the time for months saying the same thing. So are you actually applying for the SSI and stuff and following through with it? You need to find out exactly what you need to do to start the process and do it!

I see you as being very depressed and you have self esteem issues. But I also see that you seem to be of normal intelligence. You have good writing skills and a good vocabulary! But with the depression and self esteem issues you could probably qualify for SSI! But they might try counselling and medication first and even if you are denied the SSI they could still help you find the resources you need for job training and money in the meantime!!!

So my advice ,follow through with all this and don't give up!! Best of luck to you!

Old 10-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #21
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
How do you know i wouldn't get a SSI check for having a learning disability and i have no kids? That shouldn't have nothing to do with me getting a check because i need government money to live if i can't get a job. Now if they do have a job program for people who have a learning disability and they can help me get a full time job, that's a different story. If they were to do that, then i wouldn't want a SSI check. I'm gonna have to look and see if there's any job programs in Maryland or Virginia for people like me who have a learning disability and are struggling to find jobs and keep them.

Because people with learning disabilities work. They'll tell you to take anything, trust me on this.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:30 PM   #22
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

Bonniegirl, I already looked into trying to get SSI and I didn't qualify. So I'm gonna have to look at some other options to try to get government money if I can't find a job.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:55 PM   #23
Foggy
Forum Regular

Quote:
Most of ya'll on here are white and you aren't black like me. So you can't relate to what I'm talking about. Bottom line is i need to talk to a psychiatrist because i have a learning disability. That's why i can't get a job and keep a job. That's one of the symptoms of a learning disability. It's possible i may never work again and I'm gonna have to get a government check. I would rather work than get a government check. But if i can't work, then I'm gonna have to get a government check because that's the only way i can take care of myself. I'm not making this stuff up just so i can get attention because I've never done things for attention. My situation is very serious and i need to talk to somebody before i end up homeless and without a car.

What if I told you, that you CAN do a job making $1000.00 a week, or more, even though you are "Black and have a Learning Disability!"
Would you jump at the chance,,,,or find an excuse not to do it?

The question is -- are you willing to work?

Do you have a fear of heights?
Can you climb a ladder?
Even if you answered "YES",to the first question, you could still do this work--but a good bit of it is outside work.

Are you willing to drive/ride in a Company Van and travel?
You could be picked-up and not even have to drive until you get your car fixed,
I'm talking about doing this and jobs like this (and it is in your area):

http://sureshotpressurewashing.com/

I'm sure there are many more of these types of companies in your area and they are always looking for workers. (I have already provided you with one.)
The way to get a job is to go in and see if they are hiring or taking applications---do not call. If they take your application, then keep checking back (by stopping in) every week.

I know people that have earned as much as $1500-$2000.00 a week---they do put in the hours (14 hours a day, 6 days a week), to earn that kind of money, but the point is,, they do it!! You can too, but it doesn't mean you have to do it.

Then there is also tree trimmers.You don't even have to climb a tree. They need ground crews that can pick-up limbs and put them into a chipper. I know that is not above your intelligents level. Here is a good place to go:

http://asplundh.ourcareerpages.com/

...An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets...

I now have given you two different places to check into, so all you have to do now is APPLY YOURSELF to check into them---it is TOTALLY UP TO YOU!!!

Old 10-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #24
Wawwie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
All you do is complain. Complain and blame others for why you don't have a job.
Isiahthomas has got a tremendous chip on his shoulder that is never going to go anywhere. He is a loser and blames EVERYONE but himself for his problems. I have been seeing his ridiculous threads for years now. All he does is complain and whine like a little bitch.
Isiah goes on and on about how his father is such a no good scum bag, but he doesn't hesitate to take hundreds of dollars from him so he can fix his car. Oh, and the father also lets Isiah live with him rent free. What a monster.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:22 AM   #25
zypherix
Forum Regular

I'm just surprised and shocked that all his racist threads and posts haven't gotten him banned yet, his constant whining and hating about "evil whites" and "hispanic b*tches" and so on. Racism

Old 10-11-2015, 11:15 AM   #26
wiseguy182

Quote:
I've had so many white men job bosses at every job I've had and I swear I hate working for them because they're demanding and they complain too much. I lost my last daytime job recently because the b*tch ass white man I was working for who was a building engineer complained often about my work. He wasn't my boss but I worked with him and he would complain to my Hispanic guy boss about me. Funny thing is he told me on my last day that he liked the work I was doing when I first started. My work performance didn't change the whole time I worked there. So I don't know what he's talking about. I'm so tired of working for white men and I wish I could have a black man or Hispanic man as my boss. I got fired one time from a job I had when I was in Cleveland and I was fired because the white man boss told me I was late. The reason why I was late is because it was snowing very bad and I didn't wanna drive fast and possibly have a accident. I'm glad he fired me anyway because I hated the job and it was hard work. White men job bosses need to also stop making excuses about why black men are unemployed because they don't wanna admit that they're racist and they don't wanna hire black men. Every unemployed black man doesn't wanna get a welfare check and food stamps and sell drugs. So stop with the lame excuses because ya'll punk as*es don't wanna hire us.

I wish I had money so I could start my own business because black men need to have their own businesses so they won't have to depend on white men for jobs. Black men back in the day during the 50's and 60's were forced to have their own businesses because of racism. I don't know why all of a sudden it seems that so many blacks don't have their own businesses and foreigners got all the businesses in black neighborhoods. That doesn't even make sense that foreigners should be making money off of blacks when blacks should have businesses in their neighborhoods. Blacks need to stop making foreigners rich because foreigners don't give a damn about us. Foreigners don't want blacks working for them but they want us buying their stuff so they can get rich.
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2015, 11:58 AM   #27
Flying Dutchman

5 years ago I was out of a job and desperate for money. I was evicted and about to loser everything. And I didn't have a my Mother or Father to bail me out. I was also about to be homeless. The only one who was going to help me was ME!

I put an ad on Craigslist for a job doing anything (Legal) for a paycheck. I got one call after 3 weeks, from a guy who needed someone with a drivers license, which was the only thing I had and wasn't about to lose, to drive a van hauling freight all over the USA. I wasn't obligated to anyone but myself, so I took the job. Yes I would be on the road for 4 to 8 weeks at a time, but it paid between 800 and $1200 a week and wasn't any lifting involved. I thought I would hate it, but seeing America and being paid for it was amazing. I loved it.

After 2 years I saved enough to buy me a new van and drive hauling freight for myself making as much as 3 times what I was making. And all it took was the drive to do it. Now I own 5 vans and I have employees of my own. Yes its a small business but it is growing.

DRIVE IS ALL IT TAKES Isiah. You can waste time complaining about how you can't do it, or you can keep pushing until you do. It's not the white man that is hurting you. It's yourself that's hurting you. BTW the guy that hired me to do this job 5 years ago was Russian. And they are not easy to work for because they have a work ethic that differs from ours.

One more thing. I have gotten Welfare, Disability, Unemployment, and even once stood at a freeway ramp with a sign begging for money, and I can tell you that working is far better than anything else I have ever done. There are still opportunities out there for you but you have to keep pushing. Good Luck.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:19 PM   #28
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
Sounds like RebZissel.

Whatever happened to RebZissel? He hasn't posted here in a long time!

Old 10-11-2015, 04:23 PM   #29
Wawwie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zypherix
I'm just surprised and shocked that all his racist threads and posts haven't gotten him banned yet, his constant whining and hating about "evil whites" and "hispanic b*tches" and so on. Racism
According to isiahthomas, all whites are evil and they will look for any excuse to put down the black man.
Nothing is ever Isiah's fault. He was born to be abused by the white man which is why he can't keep a job or get hired. It has nothing to do at all with Isiah's horrendously negative attitude or his laziness. This is all a conspiracy by the white man. Isiah figured it out.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:38 PM   #30
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
According to isiahthomas, all whites are evil and they will look for any excuse to put down the black man.
Nothing is ever Isiah's fault. He was born to be abused by the white man which is why he can't keep a job or get hired. It has nothing to do at all with Isiah's horrendously negative attitude or his laziness. This is all a conspiracy by the white man. Isiah figured it out.

Don't forget that he's also learning disabled and as a result should get disability because it means he can't find a job.

Closed Thread