Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 17, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: The Conners Second Season Looking Likely; Apple to Produce New Peanuts Content
Fri-Yay: Where Will The Good Place Go Next?; Everything's Gonna Be Okay at Freeform
ABC Mid-Season 2019 Schedule; Amy Sedaris Laffer Returns Feb. 19 on truTV
ABC Picks Up Comedy Starring Lake Bell, Dax Shepard; EPIX Dark Comedy Gets 3rd Season
Lifetime Brings in the Stars for Winter Movies; Celebs Line Up for CBS All Access' Twilight Zone
HBO Comedy Crashing Returns for Season 3; Nick Sitcom Starts Jan. 5

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-30-2017, 01:44 AM   #46
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffbronson
Yes, I remember Tato Skins. I wasn't sure they're no longer available anywhere.

How about some discontinued peanut butter brands: Superman; Planter's (? still around?)

For a while, a new Chef Boyardee line of boxed skillet dinners started up, to compete with Hamburger Helper. I can't remember the name. There was a good flavor or two. Sometime in the '90s I think.
I believe the Chef Boyardee line of the skillet dinners you are referring to was called Chef Boyardee Hamburger Italiano that indeed came out in the 90's and it looked good
Bestie
Old 10-01-2017, 08:46 AM   #47
AMackII

Planters Cheez Balls
HiC Ecto Cooler- Well, it did limitedly returned only in honor of Ghostbusters(2016 edition) film
AMackII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:25 AM   #48
biffbronson
"My Three Sons" Fan

Location: In my dreams, back at age 15 in Erin Moran's bedroom in 1980, making passionate love...

LOL -- I remember stealing some "Planters Cheez Balls" from a can of those my brother had --then closing the can and shaking it, so he couldn't tell some were missing! Sneaky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia
I believe the Chef Boyardee line of the skillet dinners you are referring to was called Chef Boyardee Hamburger Italiano that indeed came out in the 90's and it looked good
Bestie
Thank you! I think the one I liked best was some kind of stroganoff on rotini pasta.
biffbronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:29 AM   #49
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

Do you remember Jello Pudding Bites? They were similar to fruit snacks but tasted like vanilla or chocolate flavors and they were great to eat. Another favorite snack of mine were Mother's Marias Cookies and they were like Marie Lu cookies and they were awesome to eat for Friday night snacks and my mom would share a roll of Mother's Marias Cookies with me whenever we would buy them
Bestie
LaBestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:32 AM   #50
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

Do you remember Aunt Jemima's Breakfast Platters? They were introduced in the 80's and contained sausage eggs and pancakes on a plate that you could microwave and it also came in a version with waffles too. Also another discontinued frozen breakfast line was Swanson's Great Starts and they consisted of ham and cheese and sausage breakfast sandwiches and had pancake platters too. It's amazing how advanced frozen breakfasts have become and with these two discontinued frozen breakfast lines it really started a food trend for people who wanted a fast and easy breakfast before going to work
Bestie
Old 02-16-2018, 02:30 AM   #51
sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara
Hershey Cookies and Mint bar,
I recently tried the new oreo mint candy bars and thought it tasted a lot like the cookies and mint bar
Old 03-11-2018, 06:15 AM   #52
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

How about Mickey's Parade Ice Creams? They were a brand of ice creams and ice pops made by Disney and featured Mickey Mouse shaped popsicles and ice cream cones with star sprinkles. My mom used to buy Mickey's Parade ice creams for me when I was little and I loved them and it's a shame that Disney did away with Mickey's Parade ice creams and teamed up with Nestle to make their Cool Creations line of ice creams
Bestie
Old 05-16-2018, 02:51 AM   #53
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

Do you remember when Burger King had pizza for a short time in the 90's? My mom used to eat the Burger King pizzas and it was a great idea that Burger King did in the 90's that should've never gotten discontinued because they were great. Another food that Burger King had was the Fiesta Whopper which my mom also liked and Burger King even made Fiesta Fries which were fries with a spicy taste. This was another great idea that Burger King discontinued and should bring back to menus
Bestie
Old 05-16-2018, 02:19 PM   #54
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Do you remember when Burger King had pizza for a short time in the 90's? My mom used to eat the Burger King pizzas and it was a great idea that Burger King did in the 90's that should've never gotten discontinued because they were great.
I could be wrong, but I don't recall ever hearing about BK having served pizza.

I know that McDonald's did during the '90s.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:59 PM   #55
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever

Original New York Seltzer, which came in many great flavors. No one remembers this until I show them pictures.

We loved these; they're now apparently staging a comeback.
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:36 PM   #56
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

My mom used to LOVE New York Seltzer and one time she got a whole case of it from a radio station and she drank a whole lot of New York Seltzer when I was a baby and it was great tasting stuff
Bestie
Old 05-19-2018, 02:08 AM   #57
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

In the 90's Burger King debuted Cini-Minis which were mini Pillsbury cinnamon rolls that were part of Burger King's breakfast menu and I ate them when they came out and they were great tasting. I don't know why Burger King discontinued them but they were a great idea to expand the Burger King breakfast menu
Bestie
Old 05-19-2018, 02:39 AM   #58
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever

Quote:
My mom used to LOVE New York Seltzer and one time she got a whole case of it from a radio station and she drank a whole lot of New York Seltzer when I was a baby and it was great tasting stuff
How did your mom get a case from a radio station? That sounds like an interesting story!

I just ordered two cases the other day: one blueberry and one black cherry. The blueberry arrived today, and it tastes just like I remember.
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:13 AM   #59
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000
How did your mom get a case from a radio station? That sounds like an interesting story!

I just ordered two cases the other day: one blueberry and one black cherry. The blueberry arrived today, and it tastes just like I remember.
When I was a baby my mom used to be addicted to radio stations for their contests and one time the radio station had a contest and the prize was a case of New York Seltzer and she entered the contest and she won the case of New York Seltzer and she drank a whole lot of it and the rest of the New York Seltzer she gave to my godfather and he liked it as well
Bestie
Old 09-19-2018, 03:56 AM   #60
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

Do you remember Hershey's Symphony bars? They were giant chocolate bars that came in dark chocolate flavor with almonds or milk chocolate flavor and tasted pretty good. Another candy that Hershey's had that was good but also gone was Hershey's Swoops and they tasted great and came in York Peppermint Patty flavor to Reese's Peanut Butter Cup flavor and Almond Joy flavor as well as chocolate too. And Hershey's seemed to have the best candies that quickly disappeared too soon
Bestie