Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Laverne & Shirley links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Laverne & Shirley Photo Gallery

Laverne & Shirley - The Complete First Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Complete First Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Second Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Second Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Third Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Third Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Fourth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Fourth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Fifth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Fifth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Sixth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Sixth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Seventh Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Seventh Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Eighth and Final Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Eighth and Final Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Laverne & Shirley
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-26-2015, 10:29 PM   #1
dlemond
Hey, I know you.

Exclamation Laverne & Shirley - 'The Complete Series' 28-DVD Set is Scheduled for Summer!

Eight Seasons of Zany Antics! America's favorite bottle-cappers - Laverne & Shirley - provide eight full seasons of unrestrained pandemonium in this hilarious DVD collection. Starting as a spin-off from TV's Happy Days, Laverne De Fazio (Penny Marshall) and Shirley Feeney (Cindy Williams), now joined by Lenny (Michael McKean), Squiggy (David L. Lander), Carmine (Eddie Mekka) and the rest of the Milwaukee gang, soon became a smash hit sitcom with audiences nationwide, in one of television's all-time greatest comedies.

Available for the first time in a new, shelf-friendly complete series set: includes all 8 seasons and 176 episodes on 28 discs. Every season features memorable guest appearances such as Hugh Hefner, Carrie Fisher, Henry Winkler, Ron Howard, Anjelica Huston, Jay Leno, Adam West, and many more!
Spring of last year saw the long-awaited completion of the classic sitcom on DVD, but the show's never received a "complete series" box set...only a "shrinkwrap bundle" taking the individual season sets and putting them into a plastic-encased "brick." Now the folks at CBS/Paramount seek to rectify that by releasing Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series on DVD!

The price of this set is $79.99 SRP in the USA and CA$86.99 SRP in Canada, and the street date is June 16th (note that this date is per the studio; Amazon's pre-order listing - see the button link below - shows June 9th as the release date, but that's apparently a typo that needs to be corrected). Here's an early look at the package's front cover, but this might not be finalized yet and could be subject to change:

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Lav...#ixzz3VY6u7jHC
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2015, 08:50 PM   #2
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlemond
Eight Seasons of Zany Antics! America's favorite bottle-cappers - Laverne & Shirley - provide eight full seasons of unrestrained pandemonium in this hilarious DVD collection. Starting as a spin-off from TV's Happy Days, Laverne De Fazio (Penny Marshall) and Shirley Feeney (Cindy Williams), now joined by Lenny (Michael McKean), Squiggy (David L. Lander), Carmine (Eddie Mekka) and the rest of the Milwaukee gang, soon became a smash hit sitcom with audiences nationwide, in one of television's all-time greatest comedies.

Available for the first time in a new, shelf-friendly complete series set: includes all 8 seasons and 176 episodes on 28 discs. Every season features memorable guest appearances such as Hugh Hefner, Carrie Fisher, Henry Winkler, Ron Howard, Anjelica Huston, Jay Leno, Adam West, and many more!
Spring of last year saw the long-awaited completion of the classic sitcom on DVD, but the show's never received a "complete series" box set...only a "shrinkwrap bundle" taking the individual season sets and putting them into a plastic-encased "brick." Now the folks at CBS/Paramount seek to rectify that by releasing Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series on DVD!

The price of this set is $79.99 SRP in the USA and CA$86.99 SRP in Canada, and the street date is June 16th (note that this date is per the studio; Amazon's pre-order listing - see the button link below - shows June 9th as the release date, but that's apparently a typo that needs to be corrected). Here's an early look at the package's front cover, but this might not be finalized yet and could be subject to change:

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Lav...#ixzz3VY6u7jHC

That's cheap compared to the Jeffersons. That's only $80 and the Jeffersons is $110 more lol

I know people who bought the 8 individual seasons are feeling ROBBED lol
Old 03-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #3
studd911

Will all of the original music be there I read that they were going to rectify the set whatever that means
Old 03-31-2015, 10:45 AM   #4
lj01
Frequent Poster

Actually, what was said on the TVShowsonDVD website was:

Quote:

The only thing being rectified is the packaging, I highly doubt any of the content will change.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:09 PM   #5
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj01
Actually, what was said on the TVShowsonDVD website was:

The only thing being rectified is the packaging, I highly doubt any of the content will change.

LMAO, people better read the reviews before they buy
Old 04-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #6
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!

I'll just stick with my 8 individual seasons unless it's 100% verified that music has been corrected. I highly doubt this...they're talking about the package design when they say things have been rectified.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:18 PM   #7
faraj
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
I'll just stick with my 8 individual seasons unless it's 100% verified that music has been corrected. I highly doubt this...they're talking about the package design when they say things have been rectified.
Well, if you get the complete series box set, it'll take up less space on your shelf than your individual season sets. Plus, you can sell those season sets to pay for the box set.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:09 AM   #8
Svenfan1234
Berwyn!

I got the complete series last summer because one, I loved the cover art and that it was all 8 seasons in one simple case and I didn't have any of the individual seasons. I checked out S2 of Laverne & Shirley from my local library and fell in love! This was before I knew MeTV would bring it back that summer so I used a gift card for Amazon I got for my birthday and I got the complete series of Laverne & Shirley for $44 -- actually I pre-ordered it. I know about significant music edits -- but they didn't really affect me.

Shout! Factory, PLEASE release a complete series set of St. Elsewhere!!!
Old 04-18-2016, 10:58 AM   #9
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

I bought my set from the supermarket and it only cost $6.50
Old 04-18-2016, 11:04 AM   #10
tenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
I bought my set from the supermarket and it only cost $6.50.
You're doing it on purpose to annoy Svenfan1234. And for the fact when Svenfan1234 wants to post things, please stop harrassing him and post dumb jokes.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:32 PM   #11
Svenfan1234
Berwyn!

Quote:
I bought my set from the supermarket and it only cost $6.50

I hear that's how much you are worth.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:20 PM   #12
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Just found out Walmart is giving out Laverne and Shirley for free on Saturday from 2pm to 9pm

I'm hype
Old 04-21-2016, 05:43 PM   #13
thebigcookie

Quote:
Just found out Walmart is giving out Laverne and Shirley for free on Saturday from 2pm to 9pm

I'm hype

I wish that was true because I would certainly be there for it. But it's pretty cheap on Walmart.com and I will probably get it later in the year.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:53 PM   #14
Svenfan1234
Berwyn!

^Don't listen to him. He trolls the boards up.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:41 PM   #15
shotzette
De Facto Queen of Everything

Report TVFactFan to Janice. She's the only one who can reign his sorry self in. He's a sad little man.

"Awesome" ends in "Me".

Coincidence?

I think not.