Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Love, American Style (Happy Days Pilot Episode) / Love, American Style links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Love, American Style Photo Gallery

Love, American Style - Season 1, Volume 1

Buy Love, American Style - Season 1, Volume 1 on DVD
Love, American Style - Season 1, Volume 2

Buy Love, American Style - Season 1, Volume 2 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Love, American Style
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Disney to Acquire Much of Fox; Roseanne Debut Date Set for ABC
Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-09-2015, 02:44 PM   #1
Retro76
Frequent Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to Retro76
Default Decades Binge Marathon This Week

For those who receive the channel DECADES over the air via antenna, on Wednesday February 11-Monday 16, Love, American Style will be airing as part of their binge marathons in the new network's soft launch. To see if you get Decades in your area, check out Rabbitearsinfo: http://www.rabbitears.info/search.ph...etwork=Decades
That's me and you!

Me-TV+Antenna TV+RetroTV+Decades+CoziTV=Reliving the Days of Reruns of Independent TV (KTLA, KTTV, KCOP and KHJ) in Southern CA!
Old 02-12-2015, 08:21 AM   #2
doombuggy64
Occasional Poster

I get Decades here where I live, and tuned in last night absolutely horrified. Love American Style is a CBS Paramount property. Decades is owned and operated by CBS Paramount, you would think they would finally after nearly 45 years run the original hour format LAS episodes. WRONG! They are running the old chopped up half hour format episodes! I couldn't believe it. CBS refuses to give us the original format seasons 2-5 on DVD, I thought for sure they would run them as originally seen on their own channel.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:14 PM   #3
Retro76
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombuggy64
I get Decades here where I live, and tuned in last night absolutely horrified. Love American Style is a CBS Paramount property. Decades is owned and operated by CBS Paramount, you would think they would finally after nearly 45 years run the original hour format LAS episodes. WRONG! They are running the old chopped up half hour format episodes! I couldn't believe it. CBS refuses to give us the original format seasons 2-5 on DVD, I thought for sure they would run them as originally seen on their own channel.

You're right but these are better than nothing and MeTV doesn't seem to care to bring this back on the schedule. The original hour-long versions would be great to be seen on Decades OR better yet, more seasons on DVD would be even better but they'd rather reissue shows like The Brady Bunch, I Love Lucy, etc rather than give attention to stalled shows like LAS. Still, I am looking forward to episodes I've never seen before like Love and the Singing Suitor, Love and The End of the Line, and a huge bulk of Season 5.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:35 AM   #4
Retro76
Frequent Poster

By the way, Love, American Style returns for another Binge Marathon on Tuesday May 5, 7 AM EST/4 AM PST and runs through Wednesday May 13. Hopefully, they'll show some episodes of Barefoot in the Park and (I doubt it) the pilot movie. considering they have it stretching over 8 days.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:37 AM   #5
doombuggy64
Occasional Poster

Yes I shouldn't complain too much Retro76. You are right, we did see tons of episodes that I had not seen since the early and mid 70s syndication. Many I had totally forgotten about! Strange the BFITP episodes were omitted. One of the episodes I had not seen since 1975 was "Love and the Impersonator" with Rich Little and Michele Carey, conveniently omitted by ME Tv, Oxygen, and TV land. So excited to finally get it, and unfortunately my DVD recorder decided my disc was flawed, so I missed it completely. Arrrrggghh! Hopefully it will be repeated in May for the next marathon, which in itself is unusual, as it's the only series getting a second repeat "binge". And this one is nearly 4 days longer than the one last week. I wonder if they finally uncovered the lost hour shows, and they were not ready for last weeks binge?
Old 02-18-2015, 06:27 PM   #6
Retro76
Frequent Poster

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombuggy64
Yes I shouldn't complain too much Retro76. You are right, we did see tons of episodes that I had not seen since the early and mid 70s syndication. Many I had totally forgotten about! Strange the BFITP episodes were omitted. One of the episodes I had not seen since 1975 was "Love and the Impersonator" with Rich Little and Michele Carey, conveniently omitted by ME Tv, Oxygen, and TV land. So excited to finally get it, and unfortunately my DVD recorder decided my disc was flawed, so I missed it completely. Arrrrggghh! Hopefully it will be repeated in May for the next marathon, which in itself is unusual, as it's the only series getting a second repeat "binge". And this one is nearly 4 days longer than the one last week. I wonder if they finally uncovered the lost hour shows, and they were not ready for last weeks binge?
I've just read from one site, (I think it was Home Theatre Forum) that someone believes that Paramount no longer has the masters for Seasons 2-5 in their network format, which is why there was a delay in more DVD releases, which is a tragedy because they have sketches/blackouts that aren't in syndication.

And I am curious if they'll air the u the short lived New Love American Style from 1985.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:13 PM   #7
Retro76
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro76
By the way, Love, American Style returns for another Binge Marathon on Tuesday May 5, 7 AM EST/4 AM PST and runs through Wednesday May 13. Hopefully, they'll show some episodes of Barefoot in the Park and (I doubt it) the pilot movie. considering they have it stretching over 8 days.
UPDATE: The 2nd Binge run ends on Saturday, May 9th at 9 PM EST/6 PM PST due to an update of the Binge Schedule. I sure hope they have LAS on a regular schedule once Decades launches on May 25, which is less than a month from now!
Old 04-27-2015, 05:18 PM   #8
mets82

Is Decades a Dish channel? I ask this because I have cable. Also, I have WCBS out of NY so shouldnt I be getting this channel?

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:40 PM   #9
pkripper001
Forum Regular

You should be getting Decades on WCBS-TV out of NY.
Decades will be a sister network to
ME-TV.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:33 PM   #10
mets82

When is this going to be happening?
Old 04-28-2015, 11:19 PM   #11
Becca3557
Frequent Poster

Decades launched in many cities on 1/16/15 as an OTA channel. We just got it on FIOS in the Philly metro area last week as a sub-channel. Comcast has had it for a month or so. Currently the channel is running The Binge -- huge blocks of the same show. Currently it is The Millionaire (a show that is better than I expected it to be). The network "officially" launches on 5/25.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:59 PM   #12
Ronny G
Forum Regular

The next marathon is scheduled the end of this month (June)!!!
That's 3 marathons in one year!!!
Old 07-20-2015, 02:05 PM   #13
RickyRick
Occasional Poster

I am looking to trade for all episodes of "Love, American Style" that recently aired during "Marathon Weekends" on Decades TV. I have tons of rare TV shows to trade for these episodes as I do not have access to Decades TV.
Please contact me at Go4itIL@aol.com. Thanks!

Last edited by RickyRick : 07-20-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:43 PM   #14
thebigcookie

Hopefully Decades will do some more marathons of this show. Seems like a great show from what I've seen.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:25 AM   #15
RickyRick
Occasional Poster

Yes, but I'm hoping someone reading this forum recorded most if not all of the episodes due to their rarity of airing on TV!