Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Endings links at Sitcoms Online / Happy Endings Photo Gallery

Happy Endings - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Endings - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Endings - The Complete Second Season

Buy Happy Endings - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Happy Endings - The Complete Third Season

Buy Happy Endings - The Complete Third Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2010s Sitcoms > Happy Endings
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-07-2015, 06:36 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Cool Update: "Happy Endings" Countdown Clock Confirmed as April Fool's Joke

"Happy Endings" Writers Tease "New Day Ahead" — But What Does it Mean?
by Rebecca Iannucci
February 7, 2015

It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life… and we’re feeling very curious.

Almost two years after the beloved ABC comedy "Happy Endings" was cancelled, the Twitter handle @happywrites — which was run by the show’s scribes — published a rather intriguing tweet on Friday.

The link in the tweet brings readers to a white screen that states, “It’s almost a new day,” with a countdown clock currently showing 52 days, 11 hours and some-odd minutes.

http://itsalmo.st/#anewday_tlojt

The only question is: What could the tweet be trying to tell us?

The message has prompted many user replies hoping for a revival of the show.

Here is what the cast is up to now:

Elisha Cuthbert is set to star in NBC’s "One Big Happy"

Zachary Knighton is keeping busy with Fox’s upcoming "Weird Loners"

Casey Wilson currently stars on "Marry Me" (though its future is up in the air)

Adam Pally just left "The Mindy Project"

Eliza Coupe’s "Benched" was canceled last month

Damon Wayans Jr. announced he’ll exit "New Girl" at the end of Season 4 (though he is being courted heavily during pilot season)

http://tvline.com/2015/02/07/happy-e...w-day-message/

Last edited by JamesG : 04-01-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:54 PM   #2
Cyrax
Frequent Poster

Surely a new show by them, not a reunion...
Old 03-17-2015, 12:23 AM   #3
TMC
Forum Veteran

Casey Wilson Confirms Our Worst Fears About That ‘Happy Endings’ Countdown
Old 04-01-2015, 02:56 PM   #4
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

April Fool's, "Happy Endings" Fans! 'New Day' Tweet Confirmed to Be a Joke
by Rebecca Iannucci
April 1, 2015

Talk about anticlimactic.

As many "Happy Endings" fans had speculated, the mysterious countdown clock tweeted by the show’s writers in February was ultimately nothing more than an April Fool’s Day prank — and a pretty lame one at that.

On Feb. 7, the Twitter handle @HappyWrites published the link to a website, which merely stated the words, “It’s almost a new day,” alongside a clock ticking down the seconds until April 1.

The site now reads, “A new day was at 2:59AM on Wednesday, April 1 2015.

The @happywrites account, which had promised an update at noon ET, has tweeted: “Happy… April Fools’ Day! Sorry! All for fun. Caspe & Co. had nothing to do with it. Thanks for being so hyper-passionate about the show.

"Happy Endings" creator David Caspe explained the whole ordeal to EW.

He tells EW that a writer or an assistant with access to the Twitter account set up the countdown clock as a gag without his knowledge. As fans and the media began gushing about the possibility of more "Happy Endings", the feed was updated over the next few weeks with more fodder.

Caspe says that he wanted to reveal that the tweets were a gag so as not to string along fans and raise unrealistic expectations, but then a funny thing happened: All of that buzz sparked the possibility of an actual reunion.

It took on a life of its own to the point that actually there was some interest in finding a place to do a few more episodes or an hourlong special,” says Caspe.

So then I couldn’t comment because I wasn’t allowed to say anything yet. But as we hit April 1, nothing has really panned out, and I don’t want to keep people hanging on, so I have to say something. Happy Endings remains cancelled for now. Hopefully one day we’ll be able to do an hourlong or a couple stand-alone episodes, and I’ve talked to the cast about even just doing a five-minute cold open.

I want to apologize to anyone who is annoyed. It was just a writers’ room bit that kind of got away from them. I realized that this could piss off a lot of fans, and our hardcore fans and critics are all we’ve ever had…. But I also have to say that it was really awesome to see how much love there was for the show. We didn’t really think anyone was watching anymore. It was great to see that someone was.

Caspe says he and the writers haven’t gone too far down the road of plotting what could happen in the sextet’s next adventures.

I had always thought that they all died on that dance floor, so it would definitely take putting our heads together to figure out where they would be now if they didn’t die,” he deadpans. “Or we could just do a prequel, and even though they all look six, seven, eight years older, they’re actually 20 years younger.

Given that we’re not getting younger waiting for a new beginning to "Happy Endings", we must ask: How realistic are the chances of a reunion eventually?

The cast wants to do it and the writers want to do it,” Caspe says. “It wouldn’t shock me if we did something. Never say never because something may pan out in the future.

Keep in mind: The show that was hanging from the edge of cancellation has seen unexpected life before. “We spent more time dead than we did alive, for sure,” he says. “You never know. That’s Happy Endings.

http://tvline.com/2015/04/01/happy-e...ter-countdown/
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/01...5bb75fce4ab942