Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-03-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
studd911

Default Happy Days Season 6 Review

Hey HD fans happy holidays by the way, question how is season 6 of happy days going so far any improvement or disappointments wherefore I will not get into I hope Todd post up the review of season 6
Old 12-06-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
OneWayFilms
Frequent Poster

I'm on the second disk already and so far, I'm LOVING it. I forgot so many of these episodes, and I think season six is one of Happy Day's STRONGEST season's yet....minus the hokey 3 part dude-ranch story-line that kicked off the season. But once that was over....the episodes are GREAT.

I've only noticed one part where it appears that a song was cut out, the scene kicks in right as everyone is clapping and Al thanks the band for playing. But I was happy to see that the whole MONSTER MASH song made it in the Halloween episode. I've always loved their fun twist on it.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:22 PM   #3
Ron Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayFilms
I'm on the second disk already and so far, I'm LOVING it. I forgot so many of these episodes, and I think season six is one of Happy Day's STRONGEST season's yet....minus the hokey 3 part dude-ranch story-line that kicked off the season. But once that was over....the episodes are GREAT.

I've only noticed one part where it appears that a song was cut out, the scene kicks in right as everyone is clapping and Al thanks the band for playing. But I was happy to see that the whole MONSTER MASH song made it in the Halloween episode. I've always loved their fun twist on it.

The picture quality is great but I agree the Dude Ranch 3 part episodes feel more like a movie special instead of a regular episode.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #4
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Ron
The picture quality is great but I agree the Dude Ranch 3 part episodes feel more like a movie special instead of a regular episode.
I HATED that DUDE RANCH 3 part episode. I thought it was HORRIBLE for many reasons. Fonz acted like a JERK to Richie the whole time, and then Fonz (OUT OF NO WHERE) KNOWS how to ride a wild bull? In my opinion, this was TRULY the Jump the Shark episode and was WAY worse than the Shark. At Least with the shark you can CLEARLY see Henry Winkler KNEW how to ACTUALLY WATER SKI (for reasons not explained) but HOW does Fonz know how to ride a bull? Or are they saying there is absolutely NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED by anyone required just pure Luck or "Cool" as it were to accomplish this task? SO SILLY.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:58 PM   #5
FonzForever
Forum Regular
A classic

While I don't love the dude ranch eps, this is one of my favorite seasons for the simple reason it was somewhere in the middle of this season I started watching HD as it aired. Only watched some so far as I'm trying to stretch this out. Seems to be the same strategy as season 5 so far, songs performed by the cast are in there, with but some other stuff has been replaced. Edit: watching a ep now and there is original music playing. So whatever the ratio, looks like there is more original music present than season 5.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #6
OneWayFilms
Frequent Poster

Yeah, as much as I LOVE this show...the dude ranch episodes really stunk. But almost ALL the other episodes this season so far are REALLY touching and more emotional....I LOVE that.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #7
studd911

Thumbs up HAppy Days Season 6 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayFilms
Yeah, as much as I LOVE this show...the dude ranch episodes really stunk. But almost ALL the other episodes this season so far are REALLY touching and more emotional....I LOVE that.

Hey I have a question and I hate t bring this up, so far after hearing how great the dvd is please tell me what original music is actually being played and as for all of the band performances is what they are showing on the dvd which was cut in syndication I hope that Todd will put the reviews up but it takes time but is all of the original music intact
Old 12-11-2014, 07:42 PM   #8
OneWayFilms
Frequent Poster

I really can't answer that. I have no way to tell what's original and what isn't. I don't have anything to compare this to. Maybe someone else can help.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:49 PM   #9
OneWayFilms
Frequent Poster

Today, I watched FONZIE'S FUNERAL from season 6, and I forgot about the guest appearance from the Laverne & Shirley cast. Laverne, Shirley, Lenny, Squiggy and Carmine show up at Fonzie's funeral and the results are HYSTERICAL.

This episode alone is worth the entire season. Some REALLY great episodes in season six.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:28 PM   #10
studd911

Is big girls don't cry which was song by the 4 seasons was that song included in fonzie home going service
Old 12-11-2014, 10:44 PM   #11
FonzForever
Forum Regular
A classic

Haven't watched that yet, especially as it's a two parter. But this is really great under rated season, IMO that is dragged down by the dude ranch eps. Another great one is the "The Duel" where, while no punches are thrown we really get a glimpse of how formidable The Fonz is. I also happened to still have my original tape from TV Land for what is essentially the last 4 episodes of season 6. With only that for comparison it is still REALLY tough to tell where there are replacements as it's obvious some music was already replaced even in those airings.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:53 PM   #12
studd911

I hope that Todd with post the reviews up its been aweek now
Old 12-13-2014, 09:44 PM   #13
FonzForever
Forum Regular
A classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by studd911
Is big girls don't cry which was song by the 4 seasons was that song included in fonzie home going service

Just compared the DVD and my TV land copy side. "Big Girls Don't Cry" and "The Great Pretender" are replaced with sound a likes. "Great Pretender" is also replaced in "The Duel".

Included so far: Band & Leather Tuscadero performances intact

"Great Pretender" and "Blueberry Hill" played one episode. (Cassonava Cunningham)
"Poison Ivy" Instrumental played in one episode
(Sweet Sixteen)

"The Twist" played in one episode
(Stolen Melodies)

Everything else is so far replaced. The odd thing is while it's great to hear a tad more of original music I'm wondering if the two songs particularly "The Great Pretender" getting through was some sort of error. I've never seen something like that before, where a song is used in one episode but replaced in the rest.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:55 PM   #14
studd911

Is the band performing in all of the episode that is not shown in syndication
Old 12-13-2014, 10:21 PM   #15
studd911

It seems to me even though I didn't buy the dvd that besides Great Pretender an Blue HIll that Cbs/paramont does it again but ill leave that alone im not going to mess up anybody party but I wish they could have done more Shout Factory strike a deal with CBS/Paramount to released the complete series please