Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Head of the Class links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Head of the Class Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Head of the Class
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-16-2015, 10:04 PM   #16
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets82
Than WB should move there ass and get it on DVD or some channel should put it on over the air tv. I do find it odd that its not on any where but you could have said that for Mr. Belvedere and now its on Antenna TV.

seeing it on Antenna TV is our only hope
Old 03-17-2015, 05:32 PM   #17
mets82

either that or ME-TV or COZI TV.

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:36 PM   #18
bh7812
Frequent Poster

Send a message via MSN to bh7812 Send a message via Yahoo to bh7812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyluvver
I'm pretty certain the the only reason the series hasn't been released is because it's owned by Warner Brothers. If they don't think they can make money off of it, they don't care about releasing it. They figure there isn't a large enough audience and they really don't care about anything beyond profit. The only chance we would have of it coming out would likely be if Shout Factory pays for the rights, which knowing Warner, would be substantial.

Growing Pains was one of the biggest hit sitcoms of the '80's, and you would think all the seasons would be on DVD, but only three of the seven seasons have come out on DVD from Warner Brothers over a very long period of time. Growing Pains is still shown in re-runs on some television stations while Head of the Class has all but vanished. If a show like Growing Pains is still waiting for a full DVD release of all the seasons, then Head of the Class might take forever to come out. If they weren't owned by Warner Brothers, it would probably be a different story.

Incidentally, both shows are my favorite sitcoms of all time. Luckily, many years ago, I was able to acquire almost a full run of Head of the Class episodes and I'm only missing around 5 of the 114 episodes. I got a large portion of the run from Australian television which aired it in re-runs back in the '90's.

:O no way?! lucky...you have no idea how lucky you are! I can't even find Season 1 complete for God's sake let alone almost all of the series! Ain't for lack of trying..I've dug as far underground as I can and its nowhere to be found. Do you have it transferred to DVDs or hard drive!? If you do and are willing would you be open to burning me a copy of all the episodes you have? I've got a verified PayPal account avd totally willing to pay whatever you feel would be a fair price! That would include costs for blank DVDs, time it takes to burn all of it to dvd and shipping to me of course! Not looking to acquire it to distribute online, I simply want it for my own collection. I'd normally not ask that but I'm growing severely doubtful Warner will release it so if you can help me get it Id be grateful!

To everyone else: I finally wrote Warner a civil suggestion/feedback email the other night requesting HOTC along with several other much begged for Warner shows. I don't write too many long thought out emails these days due to time but I felt it was important to for this. I'm growing unsatisfied with Warner again and it was like I'm finally going to do this, so I've done my part and made sure my feedback gets heard. Everyone here should take the time to do the same!
Old 03-21-2015, 07:38 PM   #19
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

this show was similar to welcome back kotter so why is it not out on DVD?
Old 03-21-2015, 11:54 PM   #20
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
I with you on this one. I've never seen this show but I've heard great things about it. I wish some company would release it so I can finally see it.
Thats a GOOD show but NOT ANYWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS THE SHOW "WELCOME BACK KOTTER!!" in the 70s.... (I dont think anything can ever top that show)
Old 03-22-2015, 12:31 PM   #21
Skywalker
Forum Veteran

I found about 16 episodes of HOTC on YT. Most of them seem to be from Season 1.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKm...ery=Head+Class
Old 03-22-2015, 07:53 PM   #22
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker

Bout time
Old 03-23-2015, 12:24 PM   #23
bh7812
Frequent Poster

Send a message via MSN to bh7812 Send a message via Yahoo to bh7812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker

Thank you!! I'll see what I can do with this and encourage the uploader to come forward with the other 98 episodes if they have them. I'll have to be FAST and hope Warner doesn't find this cause if they do they'll pull if lightning quick! Thanks again, Id been checking youtube too but Warner has gotten really really nasty with youtubers and their shows
Old 03-25-2015, 05:49 PM   #24
mets82

There ought to be a reason why certain shows never even make it to air like Antenna TV much less DVD.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:47 PM   #25
408sitcomfan
Frequent Poster

Default Music rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh7812

I'm still trying to figure this out..far as I know save for maybe one episode there isn't really any major music clearances needed-again as far as I can remember. None of the actors/actresses seem to be against or blocking a release. Every time I have seen them talk about the show its usually very fondly and favorably so that can't be the reason either. The only other thing I can think of is its some weird odd reason on Warner's end. I really haven't seen much of the last season to season and a half of the show. Ironically enough I have a strong idea how it ended..I did see the last part of the multi part final episode but that was so long ago.

Actually, it's not just the episode with the "Future's So Bright" music video. HotC has other episodes requiring music clearances too. There were episodes in which the class performed musicals: Hair (season 4 episodes 17+18), Grease (season 2 episode 7), and Little Shop of Horrors (season 3 episode 13). YouTube has a clip of the cast performing "Age of Aquarius" from the S4 "Hair" episode.

Also, the "Mission to Moscow" episodes from season 2 had music, like the duet of "Far Away Lands" by David Pomeranz and Sasha Malinin (wasn't that song written for the show, however? So wouldn't the show have as much ownership of the song as the theme song?)
Old 03-19-2016, 11:38 AM   #26
Svenfan1234
Berwyn!

I'd love to see "HOTC" released on DVD, as well as "It's a Living" and "Perfect Strangers" from WB or Shout or anybody really. I've never seen "HOTC", but I've heard very good things about it so I would definitely buy it

Shout! Factory, PLEASE release a complete series set of St. Elsewhere!!!