Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller


New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2014, 11:40 PM   #1
catsrule
Senior Member
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
 
catsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 01, 2006
Location: The Catacombs
Posts: 9,749
Default Actors You Like on One Show and Dislike on Another

Mayim Byalik like- Blossom dislike- The Big Bang Theory
Thomas Haden Church like- Wings dislike- Ned and Stacey
Angie Harmon like- Law & Order dislike- Rizzoli and Isles
Brad Garrett like- Everybody Loves Raymond dislike- Til Death
Julia Louis-Dreyfus like- Seinfeld dislike- The New Adventures of Old Christine
Alan Thicke like- Growing Pains dislike- Unusually Thicke
Maggie Lawson like- Psych dislike- Back in the Game
Neil Patrick Harris like- Doogie Howser, M.D. dislike- How I Met Your Mother
Renee Olstead like- Still Standing dislike- the Secret Life of the American Teenager
Kurtwood Smith like- Resurrection dislike- That 70s Show
__________________
My Top 100 TV Shows http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=359318
My Top 100 Movies http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...26#post5251926
FRASIER: As usual Frasier has to save the day.
MARTIN: As usual Martin has to hear about it.
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:10 AM   #2
Alan Brady's Hair
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 30, 2014
Posts: 2,831
Default

(Enters thread wearing suit of armor)

I think Mary Tyler Moore was great in the Dick van Dyke Show but not so much in the Mary Tyler Moore Show.

(Walks away with rocks, rotten vegetables, and other projectiles clanging off armor)
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:20 AM   #3
70s show watcher
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: May 20, 2008
Location: between point place and studio 8 h
Posts: 4,120
Default

howard hessman like wkrp dislike one day at a time
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:07 AM   #4
zypherix
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 14, 2003
Posts: 728
Default

Julia Duffy was good in Newhart, but her character in Designing Women was too obnoxious.
__________________
--<Atheism - a wiser choice>--
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:16 AM   #5
king of comedy
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 31, 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule
Mayim Byalik like- Blossom dislike- The Big Bang Theory
Thomas Haden Church like- Wings dislike- Ned and Stacey
Angie Harmon like- Law & Order dislike- Rizzoli and Isles
Brad Garrett like- Everybody Loves Raymond dislike- Til Death
Julia Louis-Dreyfus like- Seinfeld dislike- The New Adventures of Old Christine
Alan Thicke like- Growing Pains dislike- Unusually Thicke
Maggie Lawson like- Psych dislike- Back in the Game
Neil Patrick Harris like- Doogie Howser, M.D. dislike- How I Met Your Mother
Renee Olstead like- Still Standing dislike- the Secret Life of the American Teenager
Kurtwood Smith like- Resurrection dislike- That 70s Show
I'm going the other way around on Julia Louis Dreyfus. I enjoyed her on TNAOOC but hated her on Seinfeld.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #6
UMFaninMD
Senior Member
I am Sherlocked
 
UMFaninMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 19, 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zypherix
Julia Duffy was good in Newhart, but her character in Designing Women was too obnoxious.

I agree. And I liked Betty White in The Golden Girls, but couldn't stand her on Mama's Family.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:30 AM   #7
tlc38tlc38
Senior Member
Knock! Knock!
 
tlc38tlc38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 02, 2008
Location: In Raytown making crafts with Iola!
Posts: 8,482
Default

Right off the top of my head:

Ed O'Neill
Liked: Married with Children
Disliked: Modern Family

Ken Berry
Liked: Mama's Family
Disliked: F Troop

Mayim Bialik
Liked: Blossom
Dislike: The Big Bang Theory

Neil Patrick Harris:
Liked: Doogie Howser, M.D.
Disliked: How I Met Your Mother

Tim Allen
Liked: Home Improvement
Dislike: Last Man Standing

Johnny Galecki
Liked: Roseanne
Dislike: The Big Bang Theory

Christina Applegate
Liked: Married with Children
Disliked: Samantha Who?
__________________
DIRECTV, please acquire Antenna TV

Please release the remaining seasons of The Beverly Hillbillies & Petticoat Junction
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #8
liane49
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 20, 2013
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
Right off the top of my head:

Ed O'Neill
Liked: Married with Children
Disliked: Modern Family

Ken Berry
Liked: Mama's Family
Disliked: F Troop

Mayim Bialik
Liked: Blossom
Dislike: The Big Bang Theory

Neil Patrick Harris:
Liked: Doogie Howser, M.D.
Disliked: How I Met Your Mother

Tim Allen
Liked: Home Improvement
Dislike: Last Man Standing

Johnny Galecki
Liked: Roseanne
Dislike: The Big Bang Theory

Christina Applegate
Liked: Married with Children
Disliked: Samantha Who?
I lIked Rue McCalhann on The Golden Girls but I thought she was too stupid on Maude. I liked Kate Walsh on The Practice but not Bad Judge. I loved watching Married with Children but I think I like Ed O'Neil better on Moddern Family. Charlee Scheen much better on 2 and A half men but not on Anger Management. I don't know if it's just the charactor or what but I like Patricia Heaton better on The Middle then Everybody Loves Raymond. I like Melissa McCarty better on Mike and Molly then The Gilmore Girls. I like Swooie Kurts better on Sisters then Mike and Molly. Maybe it's just her charactor. I've only seen the show once because it just started but I like Laurie metcalf better on Rosanne then The McCarthies. But I love her as Sheldon'
s mother on The Big Bang Theroy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #9
catsrule
Senior Member
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
 
catsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 01, 2006
Location: The Catacombs
Posts: 9,749
Default

Lauren Graham like- Gilmore Girls dislike- Parenthood
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:59 PM   #10
king of comedy
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 31, 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liane49
I lIked Rue McCalhann on The Golden Girls but I thought she was too stupid on Maude. I liked Kate Walsh on The Practice but not Bad Judge. I loved watching Married with Children but I think I like Ed O'Neil better on Moddern Family. Charlee Scheen much better on 2 and A half men but not on Anger Management. I don't know if it's just the charactor or what but I like Patricia Heaton better on The Middle then Everybody Loves Raymond. I like Melissa McCarty better on Mike and Molly then The Gilmore Girls. I like Swooie Kurts better on Sisters then Mike and Molly. Maybe it's just her charactor. I've only seen the show once because it just started but I like Laurie metcalf better on Rosanne then The McCarthies. But I love her as Sheldon'
s mother on The Big Bang Theroy.
I also prefer Ed O'Neil on Modern Family. Looking back on Married with Children now, he is better in the former.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:26 AM   #11
70s show watcher
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: May 20, 2008
Location: between point place and studio 8 h
Posts: 4,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule
Lauren Graham like- Gilmore Girls dislike- Parenthood
i feel the exact same way
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:49 AM   #12
catsrule
Senior Member
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
 
catsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 01, 2006
Location: The Catacombs
Posts: 9,749
Default

Eric McCormack like- Perception dislike- Will and Grace
George Segal like- The Goldbergs dislike- Just Shoot Me
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:07 PM   #13
pkripper001
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 12, 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 398
Default

Larry Hagman like- I dream of Jeannie dislike- Dallas
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #14
HauntedThunderman94
Forum Regular
Member
 
HauntedThunderman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 09, 2013
Posts: 483
Default

Alfonso Ribeiro
Liked: Fresh Prince of Bel Air
Disliked: Silver Spoons
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:15 PM   #15
king of comedy
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 31, 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,461
Default

Helaine Lembeck
disliked: Welcome Back Kotter
liked: Magic Mongo
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:09 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.