Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Here's Lucy links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Here's Lucy Photo Gallery


Here's Lucy - Season One

Buy Here's Lucy - Season One on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Two

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Two on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Three

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Three on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Four

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Four on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Five

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Five on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Six

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Six on DVD
Here's Lucy - The Complete Series

Buy Here's Lucy - The Complete Series on DVD

Buy Here's Lucy - Best Loved Episodes from the Hit TV Series / Buy Here's Lucy - Best of Collection

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Here's Lucy
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 18, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Disney to Acquire Much of Fox; Roseanne Debut Date Set for ABC
Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire


New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #1
mets82
Senior Member
Member
 
mets82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 14, 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,461
Default So I watched Here's Lucy on Cozi TV and

wasnt really impressed. I think they aired the episodes out of order for one. Second, it just wasnt that funny. I thought Lucy filling in for her daughter and her "singing" was fine and her dancing was good but I just thought the show as a whole was kind of blah. What did you guys think?
__________________
http://www.superbowlgreatness.blogspot.com/

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:01 PM   #2
biffbronson
Senior Member
Shazam!
 
biffbronson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 22, 2009
Location: In my dreams, back at age 15 in Erin Moran's bedroom in 1980, making passionate love...
Posts: 3,078
Default

Pretty much the same. I hadn't seen an episode in so many years, my expectations may have been a little too high. But for example, the episode they just aired with the Chinese restaurant scene: I thought that the writers could've added some additional gags. Desi Jr. and Lucie were okay but not exceptional.

Lucy and Gale Gordon are always worthwhile to watch. This seems pretty far from their best work though.

I'd really like to have the closing credits as well -- none so far.
__________________
In memory of lovely Erin Moran 1960-2017 ~ Missing you

"For you are beautiful ~ And I have loved you dearly ~ More dearly than the spoken word can tell..."

"What's the word?" (Paul Martin) ~~ "I don't want money for nothing." (Timmy Martin) -- Lassie ROCKS! WORD UP

"It's just a dugout that my dad built... In case the reds decide to push the button down..."
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:09 AM   #3
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan
 
treky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 25, 2002
Location: Conshohocken, pennsylvania
Posts: 12,598
Default

I haven't seen it in years, but I remember thinking the same thing about it when it first aired in the 70s.
__________________
the Clampetts are in a fancy Beverly Hills jewelry store.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:48 AM   #4
LittleRickyII
Senior Member
Member
 
LittleRickyII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 22, 2009
Location: California
Posts: 2,228
Default

I think people watch this show with I Love Lucy always in the back of their minds, always comparing it to I Love Lucy. And by that standard, it obviously falls short. If I Love Lucy had never existed, people would view this show differently. I can think of many popular sitcoms that are no better than this show, but they get a pass because people aren't thinking about I Love Lucy, or some other gold standard classic, when they watch them. That's the biggest problem for Here's Lucy, the inevitable, and perhaps unfair, comparisons. Sure, there were many episodes that missed the mark, and some that were downright bad, but generally I find this show enjoyable. And that scene in the first episode where Lucy is licking envelopes never fails to make me laugh out loud, even though I've seen it a hundred times. I own the whole series on DVD and still watch occasionally, and it's fun.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:45 AM   #5
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan
 
treky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 25, 2002
Location: Conshohocken, pennsylvania
Posts: 12,598
Default

well, I'll start watching Cozi-TV the day they stop showing everything in that weird way.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:01 AM   #6
comedyfreak
Forum Veteran
Cheers!
 
comedyfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 14, 2005
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 10,870
Default

Watch the 1st season if possible. I have always liked the show and can remember some of the episodes when they originally aired. I love the reruns, the show was funny to me and got me through an illness with laughter.
__________________
www.facebook.com/comedyfreak
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:21 AM   #7
TeeVeeCloset
Senior Member
Member
 
TeeVeeCloset's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 25, 2003
Posts: 1,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky
well, I'll start watching Cozi-TV the day they stop showing everything in that weird way.

Couldn't agree more, I like reruns, but not the picture all stretched with letterbox on the sides, and it is very strange that credits are removed from Here's Lucy & Dick Van Dyke. At least Make Room For daddy is shown full screen but still stretched, everyone is on a diet on DietTV (CoziTV) if watching on a standard defination old fashioned 4:3 TV with a clear glass screen, the only way to watch classic TV as it was filmed and meant to be seen!
__________________
Living near "Ozzie Nelson Drive".....
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:43 AM   #8
jehobden
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2002
Location: DFW Area, TX
Posts: 1,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeVeeCloset
Couldn't agree more, I like reruns, but not the picture all stretched with letterbox on the sides, and it is very strange that credits are removed from Here's Lucy & Dick Van Dyke. At least Make Room For daddy is shown full screen but still stretched, everyone is on a diet on DietTV (CoziTV) if watching on a standard defination old fashioned 4:3 TV with a clear glass screen, the only way to watch classic TV as it was filmed and meant to be seen!

Does COZI at least run the credits over the final scene, the way TV Land & Inspiration TV do? It may not, which is really annoying. I recently watched Fantasy Island on COZI and wondered what happened to the credits, thinking maybe I'd missed them crawling along the bottom of the screen. Of course the crawling credits are a pain too, since they run right in the same area of my screen where my DVR minute marker runs, so it's about impossible to pause the screen in the right place to read those credits. At least the credits are run anyway. I love Me-TV's slogan: "Credits where credits are due".
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #9
Willbo
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 10, 2012
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 281
Default

From what I read and can remember the series gets much better in the 3rd season and beyond.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #10
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan
 
treky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 25, 2002
Location: Conshohocken, pennsylvania
Posts: 12,598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcage
The credits are completely gone. No scrolling at the bottom. I feel kind of silly for being so disappointed...I've seen them before. Me-Tv & Antenna-Tv are the only ones who are really doing these shows justice. But like I said above, at least 'Here's Lucy' is finally airing somewhere.
now I have another reason to not watch COZI TV
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:08 AM   #11
comedyfreak
Forum Veteran
Cheers!
 
comedyfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 14, 2005
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 10,870
Default

It's best to rent the dvd's from Netflix or the Library. Imo, the first 3 seasons of the show are the best.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:31 PM   #12
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 28,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcage
The credits are completely gone. No scrolling at the bottom. I feel kind of silly for being so disappointed...I've seen them before. Me-Tv & Antenna-Tv are the only ones who are really doing these shows justice. But like I said above, at least 'Here's Lucy' is finally airing somewhere.


YES!!! It's so cool!!! I finally got to watch it today! I'm in California, so it airs at 4:00! I'm still at work except for Fridays when I am off at 1:00! I was so happy to see it, and disappointed with the first epp I saw though. No Desi Jr. or Lucie!!! or even Uncle Harry!!! Shelly Winters (Summers) was funny, but I was so hoping to see the kids and Gail Gordon more!! Second epp, there they were, I was so happy!!! And I'm with Marcia Brady on this one, Desi Jr. is DREAMY!!!!! ! I know he is only about 15, 16 so not to sound pervy , but he's a cute kid! Wow, I was like 7 when this show started and he was so much older than me! So it was a little girl /older boy crush, and now it is like OMG he's a cute kid and I would get arrested for what I'd like to do with him!!!! Desi Jr. TOTALLY liked older women. He dated Patty Duke when he was 17 and she was 23, and Liza Minelli was a lot older than him too! But not as old as me, LOL!!! Of course he is in his 60's now, older than me. Id' like to meet him, but I'm married, and he's married (I think?)!! Oh well!!!

Last edited by Bonniegirl : 08-15-2014 at 11:57 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:01 AM   #13
LittleRickyII
Senior Member
Member
 
LittleRickyII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 22, 2009
Location: California
Posts: 2,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniegirl62
YES!!! It's so cool!!! I finally got to watch it today! I'm in California, so it airs at 4:00! I'm still at work except for Fridays when I am off at 1:00! I was so happy to see it, and disappointed with the first epp I saw though. No Desi Jr. or Lucie!!! or even Uncle Harry!!! Shelly Winters (Summers) was funny, but I was so hoping to see the kids and Gail Gordon more!! Second epp, there they were, I was so happy!!! And I'm with Marcia Brady on this one, Desi Jr. is DREAMY!!!!! ! I know he is only about 15, 16 so not to sound pervy , but he's a cute kid! Wow, I was like 7 when this show started and he was so much older than me! So it was a little girl /older boy crush, and now it is like OMG he's a cute kid and I would get arrested for what I'd like to do with him!!!! Desi Jr. TOTALLY liked older women. He dated Patty Duke when he was 17 and she was 23, and Liza Minelli was a lot older than him too! But not as old as me, LOL!!! Of course he is in his 60's now, older than me. Id' like to meet him, but I'm married, and he's married (I think?)!! Oh well!!!

Yep, he's been married since 1987. He long ago removed himself from the Hollywood/LA scene and lives a mostly private life now. He has a new version of his old '60s band that plays occasionally in Vegas, and he performed with Linda Purl a couple years ago, and is a little bit involved with the Lucy-Desi Center in Jamestown, but seems to spend most of his time supporting his wife's ballet company, and living quietly with her in Boulder City, Nevada.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:26 PM   #14
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 28,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRickyII
Yep, he's been married since 1987. He long ago removed himself from the Hollywood/LA scene and lives a mostly private life now. He has a new version of his old '60s band that plays occasionally in Vegas, and he performed with Linda Purl a couple years ago, and is a little bit involved with the Lucy-Desi Center in Jamestown, but seems to spend most of his time supporting his wife's ballet company, and living quietly with her in Boulder City, Nevada.


That is nice! I'm glad he is enjoying a nice peaceful life away from the Hollywood spotlight! He always seemed like a cool guy! He and Lucie both seem like nice people. Lucy and Desi raised nice children! They never seemed vain or like they were better than othe people because of their famous parents, always seemed like down to earth, modest people. Very cool!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:09 AM   #15
LittleRickyII
Senior Member
Member
 
LittleRickyII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 22, 2009
Location: California
Posts: 2,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniegirl62
That is nice! I'm glad he is enjoying a nice peaceful life away from the Hollywood spotlight! He always seemed like a cool guy! He and Lucie both seem like nice people. Lucy and Desi raised nice children! They never seemed vain or like they were better than othe people because of their famous parents, always seemed like down to earth, modest people. Very cool!

Here's a clip of that gig with Linda Purl. Wow, time flies. This was posted in 2007. I had no idea it had been that long. Anyway, it's nice that two exes -- they divorced in 1981 -- can be friendly enough with each other to perform together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXCgIx2Bycs
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.