Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-01-2014, 03:53 PM   #16
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
#bestpicture

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
Paris, France (I'll be sure to have traveler's cheques with me).

I think those are becoming more of a thing of the past. I've read that they've become more difficult to cash. I had no issues using my credit cards in Paris. I was in love with the city and definitely want to return. I just thought that late December is probably not the best time.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #17
Furienna

This thread is funny to me, as I have never left Europe.

But I have been to Paris, Rome, London, Milan, Pisa, Florence, Naples, Venice and Amsterdam.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:30 PM   #18
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furienna

But I have been to Paris, Rome, London, Milan, Pisa, Florence, Naples, Venice and Amsterdam.

Okay, for you...ever been to the United States of America?

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 12-02-2014, 03:42 PM   #19
Furienna

Like I said, I still haven't been outside Europe.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #20
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Quote:
Like I said, I still haven't been outside Europe.

Never mind...

Has anyone here that's from Europe (besides Furienna) ever been to the United States?
Old 12-02-2014, 04:23 PM   #21
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
#bestpicture

The one thing I'm not looking forward to...the Amsterdam airport! Ugh, I have layovers there on the way there and back. It was one of the only parts of my first trip that I did not enjoy.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:16 AM   #22
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Someone go to Greece, they need the tourist money.

Miscellaneous Musings

Pictures of Beautiful Women

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE:

REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS CHRIS CHRISTIE - SCOTT WALKER - RICK SNYDER - JOHN KASICH - RICK SCOTT - PAUL LEPAGE

ON THE CHARGE OF IMPERSONATING AN OFFICE!!
Old 07-13-2015, 10:35 AM   #23
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
#bestpicture

Funny that this thread was bumped, because I'm actually returning to Europe in the Fall. This time it's going to be Paris, Berlin, Prague and Amsterdam. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:41 AM   #24
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonM15
Funny that this thread was bumped, because I'm actually returning to Europe in the Fall. This time it's going to be Paris, Berlin, Prague and Amsterdam. I'm looking forward to it.

Have a good time.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:33 PM   #25
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:

Which place would you say you liked the best?
Old 07-13-2015, 12:47 PM   #26
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
#bestpicture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M.
Have a good time.

Thank you!!
Old 07-13-2015, 12:55 PM   #27
LittleRickyII

Quote:
If so, what places did you visit while you were there? Also, what was the flight like?

Quote:

So how was your last trip? As for the comment about traveler's checks, yes, that's a thing of the past. In most of Europe, you can use your ATM cards. And credit cards if needed. I've found that my best exchange rates are from the ATMs. Be careful about those money exchange houses. Many of them are a rip-off, especially at airports, train stations and touristy areas. Stick with the ATM machines, if possible.

I've been to Europe many times, both for business and pleasure. I've traveled in England and Scotland, France, Luxembourg, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Germany, Denmark, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Turkey, the Netherlands, Poland, and just outside of Europe in Morocco. And I'm not done yet! I plan to return many more times. Hopefully, I'll get to live there for awhile one day.

The flights are long. The return flight is longer than the flight over because of the jet stream. I tend to prefer European airlines because they are more old style and care about customer service, whereas the U.S. airlines only care about squeezing every nickle and dime out of you to make the biggest profit. Food also tends to be better on the European carriers, and some of them still use actual silverware, not plastic crap. Traveling within Europe, I highly recommend the trains. They're very punctual, efficient, and are accessible from virtually every town and city, no matter how small. Public transportation in Europe is amazing. And most European towns and cities are very pedestrian friendly.
Friday, May 19, 2017 at 9:00 PM/8:00 PM Central on CBS
Old 07-13-2015, 01:57 PM   #28
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRickyII
So how was your last trip? As for the comment about traveler's checks, yes, that's a thing of the past. In most of Europe, you can use your ATM cards. And credit cards if needed. I've found that my best exchange rates are from the ATMs. Be careful about those money exchange houses. Many of them are a rip-off, especially at airports, train stations and touristy areas. Stick with the ATM machines, if possible.

I've been to Europe many times, both for business and pleasure. I've traveled in England and Scotland, France, Luxembourg, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Germany, Denmark, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Turkey, the Netherlands, Poland, and just outside of Europe in Morocco. And I'm not done yet! I plan to return many more times. Hopefully, I'll get to live there for awhile one day.

The flights are long. The return flight is longer than the flight over because of the jet stream. I tend to prefer European airlines because they are more old style and care about customer service, whereas the U.S. airlines only care about squeezing every nickle and dime out of you to make the biggest profit. Food also tends to be better on the European carriers, and some of them still use actual silverware, not plastic crap. Traveling within Europe, I highly recommend the trains. They're very punctual, efficient, and are accessible from virtually every town and city, no matter how small. Public transportation in Europe is amazing. And most European towns and cities are very pedestrian friendly.

Everything that's true about European living patterns is the opposite of the SUV-crazed, suburban-sprawl quality of America, and Amtrak is one of the least efficient passenger rail systems on the planet. All of this makes me embarrassed to be an American. Every time someone in America tries to do something about it, the greedy people profiting off America's current living arrangement put a quick stop to it.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:28 PM   #29
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
#bestpicture

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRickyII

My trip to Barcelona was amazing! I loved it. I'll definitely have to go back someday. I usually bring some local currency with me, and then use my credit card for the rest. I did also use an ATM in Paris. I agree about the money exchange places. I always thought that they looked like scams, just walking past them.

It's awesome that you have been to so many countries. There's so many more I want to visit in the future, and more I'd like to visit again.

I hadn't flown much at all before flying internationally, and it turns out I don't mind it at all. The flights are long, but in between sleeping and watching the on-flight movies, it seems to go by quickly...the flights there at least. I am not a big fan of the flights back. Jet lag has also never bothered me when arriving, but coming back it hits me for at least a week. I absolutely love using the trains. They are so easy to navigate and very convenient. I only had one issue with that in Paris where one stop was so crowded at night, that people were pushing to get off and pushing to get on at the same time. The doors of the trains in Paris do NOT stop for motion, so it was a tad frightening.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:42 PM   #30
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

I'm hoping to go to London before the Mini Ice Age hits in 2030 and freezes it over!