Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #1
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
Bottom of the Barrel

Default Has anyone been to Europe?

If so, what places did you visit while you were there? Also, what was the flight like?

I have never really traveled anywhere significant, but I am going to Europe for the first time in the Fall, and was just wondering what to expect. I'll be visiting London, Paris and Rome. I'm really looking forward to it!
Old 07-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
Vahan

Yeah, I've been to Europe. The flight went well. I've been to London and Paris, and I hope one day to go to Rome.

I really have nothing to say other than it is great. Everyone should vacation in Europe, at least once.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:22 AM   #3
80sTrivia
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Soothsayer

You'll love it! It's amazing. The flight shouldn't be that bad, as it should be dark and you will be able to sleep. Try to get some sleep at least to ward off jet lag. I've traveled to most European countries, but hitting the The 3 Majors of London, Paris and Rome on your first trip over will be a great introduction to the continent. Fall is a wonderful time of the year to visit, as well. Once you return home, you will already start planning your next trip!
Old 09-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #4
Regulus

I've been to Europe twice. The first trip was my school's Senior Trip, the second trip was to attend the American Coaster Enthusiast's first International Convention. On both cases the Jet Lag hit me like a ton of bricks! The best way to deal with it is to "Tough it out" for the day and don't go to bed until it gets dark. In both cases somr people in my group didn't heed the warning, and their second day was just as bad as their first. In both there were others who didn't have problems with jet lag at all, but that's the way things went for me.

On the return trip home I had no problem with jet lag, so figure that!

I've also been to South America four times, no problem with jet lag there, but if only they made the seats in coach recline just two inches further!
Old 09-01-2014, 12:05 PM   #5
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

Never been to Europe. I've always wanted to go to England. But I'm afraid to fly. So I'll just travel the US and Canada. I love Canada! We have camped there and I've been to Toronto many times. I would someday like to go to Montreal.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:48 AM   #6
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
Bottom of the Barrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sTrivia
You'll love it! It's amazing. The flight shouldn't be that bad, as it should be dark and you will be able to sleep. Try to get some sleep at least to ward off jet lag. I've traveled to most European countries, but hitting the The 3 Majors of London, Paris and Rome on your first trip over will be a great introduction to the continent. Fall is a wonderful time of the year to visit, as well. Once you return home, you will already start planning your next trip!

Thanks so much for the tip! I will definitely try to sleep on the flight. Wow, lucky that you've been able to travel so much throughout Europe. I'm sure this vacation will just want to make me plan another!
Old 09-02-2014, 12:49 AM   #7
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
Bottom of the Barrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus
I've been to Europe twice. The first trip was my school's Senior Trip, the second trip was to attend the American Coaster Enthusiast's first International Convention. On both cases the Jet Lag hit me like a ton of bricks! The best way to deal with it is to "Tough it out" for the day and don't go to bed until it gets dark. In both cases somr people in my group didn't heed the warning, and their second day was just as bad as their first. In both there were others who didn't have problems with jet lag at all, but that's the way things went for me.

On the return trip home I had no problem with jet lag, so figure that!

I've also been to South America four times, no problem with jet lag there, but if only they made the seats in coach recline just two inches further!

Thanks for the advice! I'll have to try to tough it out for the first day so that everything goes smoothly.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:50 AM   #8
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
Bottom of the Barrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane
Never been to Europe. I've always wanted to go to England. But I'm afraid to fly. So I'll just travel the US and Canada. I love Canada! We have camped there and I've been to Toronto many times. I would someday like to go to Montreal.

Since I'm also from Michigan, the majority of my vacations have been to the UP. I was in Georgia and Alabama as a young child, and Florida as a teen, but not too much other than that.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #9
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Never. And, despite having wanted to go for 25 years, I'm not likely to do so.

Miscellaneous Musings

Pictures of Beautiful Women

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE:

REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS CHRIS CHRISTIE - SCOTT WALKER - RICK SNYDER - JOHN KASICH - RICK SCOTT - PAUL LEPAGE

ON THE CHARGE OF IMPERSONATING AN OFFICE!!
Old 10-11-2014, 04:16 AM   #10
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
Bottom of the Barrel

I just wanted to share that I absolutely loved Europe. It was amazing, and an experience like that is really life changing. I did all of the main tourist things that you can do in the cities, and a lot of things in between.

Everything from seeing Lindsay Lohan in a play (was 15 feet away from the stage--she was great!) to seeing the Pope to aimlessly wandering Paris at all hours of the night and sitting on a bench in front of the Notre Dame with a full moon and not many people around.

It was a trip I'll never forget, and I completely recommend it to anyone who has the chance to go. You were completely correct 80sTrivia, I am so ready to start planning the next trip!
Old 10-11-2014, 10:07 PM   #11
80sTrivia
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Soothsayer

I'm glad you had an amazing time on your European adventure!
Old 12-01-2014, 01:17 AM   #12
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
Bottom of the Barrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonM15
You were completely correct 80sTrivia, I am so ready to start planning the next trip!

Ok, so I absolutely did not think it would be this soon! But I just booked a trip to Barcelona leaving Christmas night and returning New Year's Day. I'm so excited!
Old 12-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #13
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Never been there, but it's on my Bucket List!

Here's the cities I'd go to...

Liverpool, United Kingdom (I'm a die-hard Beatles fan)!
Paris, France (I'll be sure to have traveler's cheques with me).
Germany (Only where my cousin lives since he's German).
All of Italy (And I'd like to try a REAL pizza)!

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 12-01-2014, 02:42 PM   #14
Regulus

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
Never been there, but it's on my Bucket List!

Here's the cities I'd go to...

Liverpool, United Kingdom (I'm a die-hard Beatles fan)!
Paris, France (I'll be sure to have traveler's cheques with me).
Germany (Only where my cousin lives since he's German).
All of Italy (And I'd like to try a REAL pizza)!

If you are traveling from Germany to Italy you'll want to spend AT LEAST one week in Switzerland, the Alps are absolutely BREATHTAKING!!!
Old 12-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #15
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus
If you are traveling from Germany to Italy you'll want to spend AT LEAST one week in Switzerland, the Alps are absolutely BREATHTAKING!!!

Okay...I also want to visit Vienna as well.