Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery


Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

The Goldbergs Coming to TV Land; grown-ish Returns in January on Freeform
South Park 8 Day Marathon on Comedy Central; Classic Adult Swim Comedy Returns with Special
NBC Fall Pilot Review: I Feel Bad - Premieres Wednesday (Sept. 19); 70th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners
Married with Children Now on WGN America; black-ish Enters National Syndication and Free Sneakers Contest
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 17, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Orders Script for Designing Women Reboot; James Marsden and Ed Asner Cast in Netflix Series
Fri-Yay: A Look at the Upcoming Sitcom Slate; TV Guide's 1st Annual 100 Best Shows List
Dancing with the Stars Season 27 Cast Has Sitcom Stars; The Young Sheldon STEM Initiative


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/15 - A.P. Bio - Season One
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
08/28 - Man Seeking Woman - The Complete Third Season
09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2014, 03:17 PM   #1
antman67
The Fonz
Forum Regular
 
antman67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 17, 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 540
Default What age did Fonzies father & mother leave him?

I HATE it when the Happy Days writers DO NOT stick to their story or just simple do not KNOW or remember what they previously wrote about the MAIN characters.
They mentioned many times about Fonzies father leaving him but the age Fonz says when he left changes in several of the episodes.

Season 2 episode 26 - A star is bored (father left when he was 12 years old)
Season 3 episode 61 - Bringing Up Spike (Fonz on his own since he was 6)
Season 6 episode 16 - Christmas Time (Fonz had not seen since his father since he was 3 years old)
Season 8 Episode 21 - Mother And Child Reunion (father 2 years old, mother 4 years old)
Season 9 Episode 14 - Grandma Nussbaum (the woman raised Fonz for 10 years) so how old was Fonz when she took him in actually?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1y...references_fun
I edited and made these reference clips as EVIDENCE to prove I am right.

There was one more age reference where Fonz says his father left him a strong box, and the only thing that was in it was a key, and that was it. It took him 3 or 4 times to run over it with his tricycle to break open it. Anyone remember which Season or Episode this was? If so, I add it to the video clip.

Also, Fonz says his mom left him too, and he was raised by his grandma Nussbaum. So his grandma is his mothers mom, or his fathers mother?
And are we to believe he never asked his grandma what or why about his parents?
And his parents never looked back ever to reach out to Fonz?
I dunno, this gray area just bothers me. Right?
I can remember even as a kid watching Happy Days and recalling, the numbers don't match. RIGHT?
__________________
http://thefonz.webs.com

Last edited by antman67; 06-08-2014 at 05:04 PM.
antman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
Smartboy
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 06, 2007
Location: South Orange, NJ
Posts: 3,772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman67
I HATE it when the Happy Days writers DO NOT stick to their story or just simple do not KNOW or remember what they previously wrote about the MAIN characters.
They mentioned many times about Fonzies father leaving him but the age Fonz says when he left changes in several of the episodes.

Season 2 episode 26 - A star is bored (father left when he was 12 years old)
Season 3 episode 61 - Bringing Up Spike (Fonz on his own since he was 6)
Season 6 episode 16 - Christmas Time (Fonz had not seen since his father since he was 3 years old)
Season 8 Episode 21 - Mother And Child Reunion (father 2 years old, mother 4 years old)
Season 9 Episode 14 - Grandma Nussbaum (the woman raised Fonz for 10 years) so how old was Fonz when she took him in actually?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1y...references_fun
I edited and made these reference clips as EVIDENCE to prove I am right.

There was one more age reference where Fonz says his father left him a strong box, and the only thing that was in it was a key, and that was it. It took him 3 or 4 times to run over it with his tricycle to break open it. Anyone remember which Season or Episode this was? If so, I add it to the video clip.

Also, Fonz says his mom left him too, and he was raised by his grandma Nussbaum. So his grandma is his mothers mom, or his fathers mother?
And are we to believe he never asked his grandma what or why about his parents?
And his parents never looked back ever to reach out to Fonz?
I dunno, this gray area just bothers me. Right?
I can remember even as a kid watching Happy Days and recalling, the numbers don't match. RIGHT?

I am well aware of the existence of these inconsistencies. However, I have found inconsistencies in a lot of different shows that I have watched. I would say that the "Flintstones" is the worst offender in this department. I would put the "Golden Girls" in second place.
Smartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
Bronson
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: May 27, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 271
Default

I have always believed that that delivery man was Fonzie's dad but was too scared to tell him.

As for that woman in the diner, the episode hinted that she was his mother but one has to ask if she was why not tell him?
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:40 PM   #4
Babalu
Member
Senior Member
 
Babalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 22, 2014
Posts: 2,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronson
I have always believed that that delivery man was Fonzie's dad but was too scared to tell him.

As for that woman in the diner, the episode hinted that she was his mother but one has to ask if she was why not tell him?
Didn't the note inside the package say that?
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:19 AM   #5
antman67
The Fonz
Forum Regular
 
antman67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 17, 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 540
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
Didn't the note inside the package say that?
No, the note does NOT mention that. If you watch the video Fonz changes his story about his age (several times) when his dad and mother left him.
antman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #6
anglemark10
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: May 06, 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman67
No, the note does NOT mention that. If you watch the video Fonz changes his story about his age (several times) when his dad and mother left him.
Babalu was asking if the note said that the person who delivered the package was Fonzie's father. That is, indeed, what it said.
anglemark10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #7
Babalu
Member
Senior Member
 
Babalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 22, 2014
Posts: 2,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglemark10
Babalu was asking if the note said that the person who delivered the package was Fonzie's father. That is, indeed, what it said.
Right. The note said something like, "I'm writing this note just in case I don't have the nerve to tell you it was me who brought the package."
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:05 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.