Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-19-2014, 01:44 PM   #121
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Yes Peter was so adorable. I love a guy who is cute and goofy! (I am really liking Ponch on Chips for that reason)!

The episode where Peter thought he didn't have a personality!!! (The famous Bogart/pork chops and applesauce) . No way, he had a wonderful personality. He was for sure my favorite Brady!

Poor Jan, she really did have self esteem issues. Second daughter syndrome ! I am the second daughter in my family, but I am also the youngest , the baby of the family so it wasn't as bad for me. Back to Jan, they always portrayed Marcia as being so perfect! IMO as Jan got older in the later eps, she was just as pretty , maybe even prettier than Marcia! And accomplished, she landed that job at the ice cream parlor, and was a better worker than Marcia!! That was so cool!
Old 09-19-2014, 09:04 PM   #122
Wawwie

Since we're talking about childhood crushes, I'll tell you all that when I was 10 years old, I had a major crush on David Lee Roth from Van Halen. I still chuckle about it to this day!
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2014, 09:10 PM   #123
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

When I was 12 I discovered Paul Newman!I told you I always went for older men! Love at first sight!
Attached Images

Last edited by Penny Lane : 09-19-2014 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:16 PM   #124
Wawwie

OMG, Paul Newman is one of the most GORGEOUS men that ever lived!
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2014, 09:27 PM   #125
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
OMG, Paul Newman is one of the most GORGEOUS men that ever lived!

Oh yeah..................... Joanne was a lucky woman!
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2014, 10:08 PM   #126
Wawwie

John F. Kennedy: The one and only "hot" president IMO...
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2014, 12:40 AM   #127
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Paul Newman with his beautiful blue eyes!!! He was NICE looking!!! And David lee Roth!!! HOT!!! To me Van Halen wasn't the same when Sammy Hagar took over!!! I remember my brother , my ex hubby and pretty much all the guys I knew saying, "but Sammy is a much better musician than David". And I was like" But he isn't as cute"!!!!

John F. Kennedy was very handsome, but to me OMG I have always had a thing for Bill Clinton ( Southern man, his cute accent) !!!! I know he was unfaithful to Hilary, but he is a cutie pie. And Barry Obama is cute too!

Old 09-20-2014, 12:59 AM   #128
Wawwie

I liked Bill Clinton a lot as a president. He might be my favorite president of my life time. I wasn't alive when JFK was president. That being said, as much as I loved Bill Clinton as a president, I never found him hot. I don't find Obama hot either. The only president I think was hot was JFK. My mom met him at a TWU benefit. They had the same color hair and during the two or three minutes they talked, they joked about redheads!
Old 09-20-2014, 01:57 AM   #129
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:
I liked Bill Clinton a lot as a president. He might be my favorite president of my life time. I wasn't alive when JFK was president. That being said, as much as I loved Bill Clinton as a president, I never found him hot. I don't find Obama hot either. The only president I think was hot was JFK. My mom met him at a TWU benefit. They had the same color hair and during the two or three minutes they talked, they joked about redheads!

That is so cool that your Mom met JFK!!! I was just born when he came into office, and than pretty much a baby when he was assassinated! I don't remember him at all except for that I so young, people my age being very interested in him and what a good man he was, and very sorry we were just born and never got a chance to know him as a president !

My mother LOVED him , and all the Kennedy's. And than when Robert ( Bobby Kennedy was killed) I was older and I remember my Mom and Dad and everyone so upset, and Martin Luther King being assassinated around the same time too!

But back to the crushes, I do have to admit, Bill Clinton has my vote, as the hottest president!

Old 09-20-2014, 02:08 AM   #130
Wawwie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniegirl62
That is so cool that your Mom met JFK!!! I was just born when he came into office, and than pretty much a baby when he was assassinated! I don't remember him at all except for that I so young, people my age being very interested in him and what a good man he was, and very sorry we were just born and never got a chance to know him as a president !

My mother LOVED him , and all the Kennedy's. And than when Robert ( Bobby Kennedy was killed) I was older and I remember my Mom and Dad and everyone so upset, and Martin Luther King being assassinated around the same time too!

But back to the crushes, I do have to admit, Bill Clinton has my vote, as the hottest president!

LOL.... I'll say this... in my lifetime, Bill Clinton was probably my favorite president and in my lifetime, Bill was probably the most handsome. The guy had a lot of charm...that's for sure! I loved him.... still adore Bill.... Hillary...not so much, but I do love me some Bill.
My mom LOVED JFK. She was heartbroken when he was assassinated and she was also heartbroken when Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated. She did a lot of volunteer work for their causes.
When I was born, Richard Nixon was the president. That man was so NOT a hunk!
Old 09-20-2014, 10:17 AM   #131
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
LOL.... I'll say this... in my lifetime, Bill Clinton was probably my favorite president and in my lifetime, Bill was probably the most handsome. The guy had a lot of charm...that's for sure! I loved him.... still adore Bill.... Hillary...not so much, but I do love me some Bill.
My mom LOVED JFK. She was heartbroken when he was assassinated and she was also heartbroken when Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated. She did a lot of volunteer work for their causes.
When I was born, Richard Nixon was the president. That man was so NOT a hunk!

My high school graduation was the same day that Robert Kennedy was shot. So I remember it well. Jacqueline Kennedy was my "idol" back then. (still is , actually!) With all of their flaws they still were special. They brought youth, class and style to the White House which was sorely needed. Jackie did a marvelous job renovating the White House. My dad didn't like her but he did admit that she did a great service to our country. She was an invaluable asset to her husband(especially in foreign affairs) and he knew it. Well, sorry. I have turned this into a Jackie tribute but I adore her!
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #132
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

John F. Kennedy Jr. Wow!
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2014, 02:53 PM   #133
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

OMG!! JFK Jr. was HOT!!!!! Weren't you in shock when he was killed in the plane crash? I was, I just couldn't believe it!

Jackie was a beautiful, stylish lady. My mother told me that she really brought style to the white house , very different from the former first ladies. Did you see The Butler? The part when JFK was killed was really emotional, tears were running down my cheeks. I had tears through a lot of that movie. OMG you could just feel Jackie's pain at losing her husband in that scene! Than they moved on to Lyndon Johnson, and a bit of comedic relief, they portrayed him as being a goof ball! I was very little when he was in office . Was he really goofy?

To Wawwee - Agreed , Richard Nixon wasn't eye candy at all!!! He was the first president I really remember well. And I can tell you I never had a crush on him!!! LOL!!! Than Ford, Carter and Regan , I just thought of them as old men! I guess Ronald Regan was nice looking in his younger days, being an actor and all. But he was way old when he became president. The Bush's weren't anything to look at either. So Clinton and Obama have been the best looking since Kennedy!

It would be interesting if we had the time to do it. Look at pictures of all the presidents from George Washington and down the line, and see if we could pick out any that might have been good looking. They all just seemed weird with the powered wigs and too old fashioned looking to really notice if they were good looking or not. LOL!!!

Last edited by Bonniegirl : 09-20-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:04 PM   #134
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

I think I have read every book about the Kennedy's. My favorite is the book written by Clint Hill,Jackie's secret service man. He really admired her and the President. He was devastated when Kennedy was assassinated. He was the man on the rear of the car in the motorcade in Dallas. He gives an in depth account of the Kennedy White House and November 23, 1963. It's very interesting. He really never recovered his depression after the assassination and retired soon after.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:30 PM   #135
Wawwie

Penny Lane (Marlene), you posted some lovely pictures of Jackie. She was beautiful and full of grace. Also, the picture that you posted of her with JFK is gorgeous. IMO, JFK without a doubt was the most handsome. And you're right. Everyone has some flaws. Even with their flaws, they brought grace and class to the white house. JFK Jr. was also a stunning man. They were such a beautiful family.