Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #1
studd911

Icon15 HAPPY DAYS SEASON 5

Hey HD fans i am very happy but worried and a bit concerned at the same time because non of us including myself honestly knows what will be featured on the dvd since we have been waiting a long time, i hope just for CBS sakes that after all of these years of waiting that they do not screw this up like they did season 2 which was a mess if this would be the case then i rather not see them continue on with the series but i hope when Todd Fuller post the dvd previews break down on the sight that everything will be there if not get ready for the tweets and the social media of bashing because they will take a hit for this if it came down to messing the dvd up
Old 05-16-2014, 04:30 PM   #2
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!

I'm almost willing to bet my TV on DVD collection that there WILL be music edits and/or replacements on this set. Come on, we ARE talking about CBS, they're the WORST company when it comes to releasing chopped up TV on DVD.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:10 PM   #3
Ron Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
I'm almost willing to bet my TV on DVD collection that there WILL be music edits and/or replacements on this set. Come on, we ARE talking about CBS, they're the WORST company when it comes to releasing chopped up TV on DVD.

Agreed...I still preordered it. It is one of my all time favorites.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #4
studd911

Again after waiting a long to see how everything has been cut i wouldn't waste any money on a half completed show if it came down to it because as i had said in my latest post that it would a be ashamed if that was the case trust if nothing is intact they watch the tweets blow up
Old 05-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #5
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by studd911
they watch the tweets blow up
Do you honestly believe that they care what we have to say or what we tweet?
Old 05-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #6
studd911

They better care because if everybody stopped buying there product then they wouldn't make any money remember they need us we do not need them again they mess this dvd set up they could forgot about releasing the rest of them because fans will be pissed watch what i tell you if anything is missing
Old 05-17-2014, 07:40 AM   #7
zypherix
Forum Regular

If they didnt care about complaints after seasons 2-4, or any of the other dozens of edited sets they have released, what makes you think they'll care now?
Old 05-17-2014, 08:15 AM   #8
thebigcookie

I just want them all released whether they have the original music or not. I wasn't even born when it first aired so I don't even know the difference. They just need to get on the ball and release the rest of the seasons.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #9
studd911

Again it comes back to the reality of giving the fans what they want when they mesed up season 2 with all of the music missing it messed up the editing which has not been seen in years and based on the fans complaints which sent them a message loud and clear they improved on season 3 and 4 by having all of the music intact and they know that if they mess this season up like they did season 2 they know that the complaints will be coming and getting back to what i was saying if nobody is buying there product they will not get back which again they better care because with us buying there dvds they will have to shut everything down which is a true fact and if they are putting dvds out any kind of way people will not buy them again we all have got to wait and see especially when Todd does the dvd review which will tell all
Old 05-17-2014, 05:45 PM   #10
YoliUSA
Fan of the Classics

Send a message via MSN to YoliUSA

CBS = Constantly Butchering Shows

That said, I'm still getting the Season 5 set. HD is one of my favorite shows and getting these sets, although edited, is better than nothing. I do hope that the picture quality is better than the syndication prints.

"Sometimes I just don't understand human behavior"- C-3PO

My DVD's
Old 05-18-2014, 03:07 PM   #11
Skywalker
Forum Veteran

I found this over at the home theater forum. It gives some info about what's been cut from the season 5 dvds.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topi.../#entry4085021

Quote:
It will be interesting to see to what extent they cleared the Susie Quattro music.

Quote:
The preliminary word I am getting is that only partially. I would like to caution that I am not familiar with the specifics of the performances so perhaps some fans who know the series better can give their reaction to what I was told on another message board from a preliminary review. (note, the reviewer is not entirely sure of specifics and if there's anything left out from this list, I can pass on and ask him further about it)

[Reviewers Quote]

-Nothing is cut in the two-part "Fonzie and Leather Tuscadero" episodes - all of her songs are there. As this is probably the most memorable of her appearances I'm guessing they decided to pony up here or else they would be unwatchable.

-Nothing is cut in "Marion's Misgivings" -- her song "I May be too Young" plays as it should

-Her "Johnny B. Goode" performance in "Rules to Date By" has been taken out -- though instead of them cutting the scene entirely (which they probably should've), they've just run a generic instrumental without a vocal while she's singing! Interestingly they tried to retain one of the jokes when Richie is playing guitar but it's odd without having a vocal running under it. That said it's probably the license of that individual song that is a problem.

-Her vocal in "Richie Almost Dies" is also taken out -- though since it's just a piano track, and she doesn't sing on-camera, it's not as noticeable as the above.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #12
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
Do you honestly believe that they care what we have to say or what we tweet?

Only money talks to them.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:26 PM   #13
maxwell
Frequent Poster

How about the Valentine's episode?
Old 05-18-2014, 07:58 PM   #14
maxwell
Frequent Poster

And I'm assuming there shouldn't be any trouble with the Happy Days theme instrumental in "do you want to dance", I always loved that part.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:09 PM   #15
studd911

Hey this is just a sign of a a complete mess which again as long as the music that the band has played is on there thats all that matters i hope to see the review that Todd will post up because again if there is any music missing nor replace they will not continue on with the series as a matter of fact i will be calling Shout Factory to get into the future act