Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Hazel links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Hazel Photo Gallery

Hazel - The Complete First Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete First Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Second Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Third Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Fifth and Final Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Fifth and Final Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Hazel
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-28-2014, 06:24 PM   #1
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!

Default Favorite episode?

What's everyone's absolute favorite episode?

Mine is "Replacement for Phoebe" from season 1. I love all the episodes with the Johnsons but this is my favorite episode of the series.

The way the Johnsons made up the bed was hilarious!!

Please release the remaining seasons of The Beverly Hillbillies & Petticoat Junction

Last edited by tlc38tlc38 : 03-28-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:49 PM   #2
ohmrwilson
Forum Regular

I like when she bowls. Hazel knows what she is doing.
So I just drive on, I just ride" (c) Elizabeth Grant aka Lana Del Rey, & J. Parker.

Hillary Clinton45 / Deval Patrick 2016
Old 03-29-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
Kasey
Forum Regular

I love the S3 episodes where Hazel and Gracie get involved with the mob (especially Part One) and the one with Diane Ladd as George's free-loading cousin who shows up to sponge off the Baxters. Honorable mention to S1's "Dorothy's New Client" where Hazel tries to score business for Dorothy when another interior decorator is being more aggressive in snagging clients.

Top 10 Shows I Want Completed on DVD: It's a Living, Alice, The Donna Reed Show, Phyllis, Petticoat Junction, My Three Sons, Murphy Brown, The Hogan Family, Julia, 227
Old 03-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #4
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey
I love the S3 episodes where Hazel and Gracie get involved with the mob (especially Part One) and the one with Diane Ladd as George's free-loading cousin who shows up to sponge off the Baxters. Honorable mention to S1's "Dorothy's New Client" where Hazel tries to score business for Dorothy when another interior decorator is being more aggressive in snagging clients.
Those are all classics!
Old 03-29-2014, 12:56 PM   #5
Kasey
Forum Regular

I guess I especially love the episodes where Hazel shows a bit of attitude like she did against Diane Ladd. She does this wonderfully in the original pilot/"Dorothy's Birthday" during the card game scene.

I wish Shirley had played the character this way more often, with a bit of an edge every so often. This was how the cartoon character was written and had Thelma Ritter taken the role, no doubt she would have played it this way all the time.

Don't misunderstand me, I love Shirley in the role, but it was great to see her give off attitude--I was always left wanting more!
Old 03-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #6
retroTVfan4ever

Season 2 is my favorite season. Most of my favorite episodes are from that season. The Natural Athlete, Hazel's Luck, Oh My Aching Back, just to name a few. Champagne Tony and Stop Rockin Our Reception from the 4th season get an honorable mention.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #7
McGillicuddy

"Hazel's Christmas Shopping", from Season 1. Hazel gets a job at the department store, where she keeps holding the door for the shoplifter with un-paid merchandise in his arms. Its hilarious.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:18 PM   #8
Kasey
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGillicuddy
"Hazel's Christmas Shopping", from Season 1. Hazel gets a job at the department store, where she keeps holding the door for the shoplifter with un-paid merchandise in his arms. Its hilarious.
Yes, I forgot to mention that one--definitely in my Top Five.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:30 PM   #9
MichaelKeith
Forum Regular

agree w/ohmrwilson, I love to see Hazel bowl. Wish they had more of those episodes.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:38 PM   #10
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGillicuddy
That's def one of my favorites! I love how Hazel keeps talking about the purple and orange (?) wrapping paper at the department store.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #11
missy's pop pop
Forum Regular
Hooray for "Hazel!"

Cool "A man in your position should have a fine, efficient kitchen...e-i-e-i-o!"

One of my favorites was the S4 episode where George finally breaks down and has the kitchen remodeled. The scenes where George discovers the "octopus" of electric cords on the counter, then opens the cabinets only to have all the canned goods fall out on top of him...and especially when he saws a milk carton in half with the electric carving knife are nothing short of slapstick-funny. Sadly, the Antenna TV reruns have cut out the scene where Hazel and Dorothy subliminally convince George by recording a very funny, and very persuasive version of "Old McDonald Had a Farm."
Old 04-16-2014, 02:56 AM   #12
Montridge2u
Occasional Poster

It's been awhile since I've watched Hazel, but I love the episode where George's snooty sister tries to sell tickets to a charity show. It's Deidre's debut as a singer or something and she's not really very talented. Hazel and her friends want to audition for a part in the show too, but Deidre's crooked music teacher only picks Deidre's equally untalented upper class friends to perform. Even though she was treated badly, Hazel is the only one that sells lots of tickets because it's for charity. I could be getting two different episodes mixed up. I really need to collect the DVD's...I love this show.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:14 PM   #13
Ed
Frequent Poster

I just read where Tony Lema, the professional golfer from "Champagne Tony" was killed the following year or so in a plane crash. He was 32 and his wife was in the plane with him and she was only 30. Said he was quite the rising star in golf at that time Hated to hear that.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:15 PM   #14
Ed
Frequent Poster

Loved both the Christmas episodes in the series.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:16 AM   #15
biffbronson

Location: In my dreams, back at age 15 in Erin Moran's bedroom in 1980, making passionate love...

I'm tempted to answer "Harold the Sheepdog" (Season 5) just because of how adorable Lynn Borden looked in her go-go outfit. But that season is a little sad to me because too often, Shirley looked tired or perhaps in some pain.

I'll go instead with the b & w episode in which Dorothy (Whitney) has a young, teenage admirer who's just moved into the neigborhood. We can relate to the kid's drooling...!

"For you are beautiful ~ And I have loved you dearly ~ More dearly than the spoken word can tell..."

"What's the word?" (Paul Martin) ~~ "I don't want money for nothing." (Timmy Martin) -- Lassie ROCKS! WORD UP

"It's just a dugout that my dad built... In case the reds decide to push the button down..."