Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-21-2014, 02:16 PM   #106
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

lets all just take it easy please, there's no need to argue.

studd911, please keep all your discussion about the HD season 5 sets in one of the threads already dedicated to it.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #107
studd911

Hey Robyrob sorry about that i am so tired of those bashing me for telling the truth wherefore i will not suggercoat it we have the right to be pissed offjust look how long we waited you are right it is what it yes but i am entitled to my opinion ill just let the fans bashed CBS and ill just lay back and watch
Old 05-21-2014, 09:23 PM   #108
OneWayFilms
Frequent Poster

Studd911, I can respect your choice to be angry and boycott season 5. I haven't read anyone here trying to change your mind. We get your point, you only have to make it once, then please stop. You have been following up EVERY positive post with another rant about how much you HATE it. You are the one not respecting any one else's right to disagree with you.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:34 AM   #109
studd911

Hey i love everybody on this blog and i respect everybody way of thinking, all i was basically saying was i cannot support a company who betrayed the fan who buys there dvds and all i was saying was we have waited a long time and when you thank about happy days you mostly think about the founding fathers of tv meaning a classic and with a show like that it should be presented the way in which we all remembered i am just those type of people who sees the truth the way it is and not suggercoating it and i no that you all feel the same way, again i am not going to get myself stress out about this wherefore i cannot and will not support a company who continues to put out bad products and with any show to me it should be taking care of as i said once before and i am going to leave it like that wherefore i cannot see the series itself finishing or maybe it will which really depends how the sells go im not trying to be funny but being aware of the problem again if you all love the dvds i will not put you down because that was what you all wanted but again wherefore i am only speaking about me personally and not anybody else that i cannot stick with CBS not unless they change there ways of promoting there dvd but thank you all for having a better understanding and that is far as i will go
Old 05-22-2014, 04:15 PM   #110
MikeL
Mike Lutton Dvd Legond!

watching my copy now looks soo clear right now on tv at first it would not play now plays good anyone else got it
Old 05-22-2014, 09:25 PM   #111
JH23
Frequent Poster

I hope the rest of the seasons are released on DVD with or without these music cuts. I've downloaded season 6-11 and the season 6-7 episodes all had 25.2x run times which is very equal to the DVDs. But then I reached season 8 and 9 and the run times are 27-28 minutes with 5-6 minutes of commercials. So unless the original season 8-9 run times were at the 22 minutes mark (?), I am getting 4-5 minutes cut from each episode.

I don't have old VHS tapes of the original run and I don't have access to the show on TV so the next best thing are DVDs. So I hope the rest is released.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:29 PM   #112
OneWayFilms
Frequent Poster

I got my copy in and it looks AWESOME. For ME, I don't care if the original Chubby Checker song plays in the background, or a new song that I never heard of plays, to me, it's all just background music.

Sure, I can WISH it was all the original music, but I wont let it ruin my opportunity to enjoy great humor and a wonderful show.

And I can only speak for myself.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #113
studd911

Customer Review Happy Days 3.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Season, Another so-so DVD Set., May 23, 2014
Although the picture does look fabulous and there are a lot of episodes I love.... CBS DVD/Paramount has yet again replace most (not all) the original music in the show with generic music. You still get a few original songs (ex. "Be My Valentine" and Potsie singing popular songs of the day). But for the most part it is disappointing regarding the replacement music - especially the little a-capella songs such as lines as "Cream In My Coffee" (Fonzie) and "Tea For Two" (Postie/Ralph). The worst scene is where Leather (and the band) go through the motions of playing/singing "Johnny B. Goode" with a generic instrumental (where Leather is seen moving her mouth to an instrumental!).... Of course as other reviewer has pointed out - there's only a piano instrumental during the flashback scene in "Richie's Accident" instead of Leather singing a touching song (what is the name of this song?) .... Overall I'd rate this a C only on the basis that the Music is replaced. The picture and episodes are still good (and for the most part unedited).....Somewhat disappointing after the improvement of Seasons 3 & 4.
ah the best episode remove leathers song, May 22, 2014 I watched my favorate episode from this season
'Richie almost dies, and the sadest scene music has been changed when leather sings , instead its changed by a piano music ,, ughit took away the whole emotional vigil, c'mon man !!!

Read more: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...#ixzz32akkE6CS
Old 05-25-2014, 12:53 PM   #114
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

i'm actually getting irked about this - I STILL haven't received my copy, and I had it pre-ordered as soon as it was possible to do so
Old 05-25-2014, 05:54 PM   #115
wayne

I notice they left the music out . bummer! I guess there were legal issues. I just finished the Apartment and noticed Tea for Two was missing. other than that the shows had endings I hadn't seen since the ABC first showed them.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:57 PM   #116
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

I didn't want to go through eight pages of stuff, so I may repeat some points about this set in this post.

Overall, I like it.

I am wondering, though, why "California" is presented as three separate half hour episodes. In the original network airing parts 1 & 2 were shown as an hour long episode, which was the standard for Happy Days' season openers back then.

And I did notice that Leather's song was omitted from the "Richie Almost Dies" episode and that generic rock music was substituted for "Johnny B. Goode" when Leather played that snowy lodge. Too bad, but I guess Paramount wasn't willing to shell out the $$$ for the original music.