Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrate Halloween with The Simpsons on FXX; Sister Network FX Brings Back Comedy for 3rd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #91
studd911

Hey our only hope in future reference is time life whose the king and the queen when it comes to putting out classic shows if they had the series it would be better then what its being presented whatever time life wants they pretty much gets
Old 05-20-2014, 09:48 AM   #92
OneWayFilms
Frequent Poster

I'm sorry that scenes had to be altered with music replaced or edited out, but I'm So thankful to FINALLY have another season on DVD. I certainly don't want to appear ungrateful by complaining about a few seconds cut or altered here and there, I really think CBS is trying as best as they can to deliver to us the best the possibly can. I blame the holder of the rights to the songs. If it weren't for their over-inflated prices, we might have complete episodes.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:55 AM   #93
studd911

Its not good enough and they will not get a past nor any sympathy from me they will always suck until they changed on how they put out dvds and like i said before you wait until you see the reviews on amazon and they will not be able to make any of this up on season 6 wherefore there will not be a season 6
Old 05-20-2014, 11:37 AM   #94
YoliUSA
Fan of the Classics

Send a message via MSN to YoliUSA

Aren't most of the songs featured in the show covers, some of them sung by Anson Williams? Those should be cheaper to license than the original songs. I can understand replacing some of the songs, but editing scenes? It alters the episodes completely.

"Sometimes I just don't understand human behavior"- C-3PO

My DVD's
Old 05-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #95
studd911

Does anybody still wants to waste there money on this crap i sure don't
Old 05-20-2014, 03:05 PM   #96
studd911

Hey Happy Days fans, what a sad day for hearing what CBS has done to us yet again with there lack of dvd especially this one but it is what it is which again we will not see the rest of the series out its sad but its the honest truth, but any way i got off the phone with Star Vista Entertainment and i was voicing my opinion of how they are known for giving fans what they want because they have been around for a long time, and how they never failed there fans i told them about getting in the future Happy Days and the person that i spoke too had said if enough people get it they will do it because they are releasing the Wonder Years with everything intact if they would go to CBS paramount about the shows that they messed up on i couldn't see them telling them no but if anybody want to call them up yourself and tell them how you feel they will listen enough is enough with all of these studious 1-800-950-78-87'

Read more: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...#ixzz32HgbC5NU
Old 05-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #97
OneWayFilms
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by studd911
Does anybody still wants to waste there money on this crap i sure don't

I do...and I DID. Pre-ordered and already shipped out. I can't wait.

I wont be so nit-picky about a few seconds here and there, I still get to see my favorite characters and stories, I never watched the show for the music anyway, the music was all just BONUS anyways. If I want the unedited version of a song, I'll buy the SONG, this is a TV show, not a music CD.

THANK YOU PARAMOUNT FOR GIVING US SEASON 5.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:17 PM   #98
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by studd911
i got off the phone with Star Vista Entertainment and i was voicing my opinion of how they are known for giving fans what they want because they have been around for a long time, and how they never failed there fans i told them about getting in the future Happy Days and the person that i spoke too had said if enough people get it they will do it because they are releasing the Wonder Years with everything intact
I can guarantee you right now that The Wonder Years will also have music edits/replacements and maybe even a cut scene. Star Vista is a great company but they can only do so much with what they have to do with. My point being, if a song is copyrighted they have to pay big bucks for the rights AND in some cases the copyright holder won't release the songs at ANY price.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #99
Colonel Hogan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayFilms
I do...and I DID. Pre-ordered and already shipped out. I can't wait.

I wont be so nit-picky about a few seconds here and there, I still get to see my favorite characters and stories, I never watched the show for the music anyway, the music was all just BONUS anyways. If I want the unedited version of a song, I'll buy the SONG, this is a TV show, not a music CD.

THANK YOU PARAMOUNT FOR GIVING US SEASON 5.

It was a Show about the 1950's, and from the beginning, Music was a Huge part of the show, from the scenes in Arnold's to elsewhere. Don't you recall all the musical performances in Arnold's, the music from the jukebox, Fonzie hitting the jukebox and making the music play, Richie singing "Blueberry Hill", and all the music that would play in the background and during car scenes?

Music was a huge part of this show. While there aren't a ton of scenes missing, there is a ton of music wiped out. Here's a list from Todd Fuller's review here:

Disc 1:

"Hollywood (Part 1)"
"The Great Pretender" by The Platters is replaced by an unknown song. Potsie briefly singing "Venus" is included. There is a possible replacement instrumental on the jukebox. Potsie singing "Will You Love Me Tomorrow" is included.

"Hard Cover"
"Blueberry Hill" by Fats Domino is replaced by an unknown song on the radio. "It's Late" by Ricky Nelson is replaced by an unknown song on the radio.

"My Cousin the Cheat"
"It's Late" by Ricky Nelson is replaced by an unknown song (the same song is used in other episodes). "Poor Little Fool" by Ricky Nelson is replaced by unknown song/instrumental. "Who's Sorry Now" by Connie Francis is replaced by unknown song/instrumental. "Pretend" by Nat King Cole is replaced by unknown song/instrumental.

"The Apartment"
"It's Late" by Ricky Nelson is replaced by unknown song. "Tea For Two" (instrumental) from No No Nannette is replaced by unknown instrumental. "Put Your Head on My Shoulder" by Paul Anka is replaced by an unknown song/instrumental. "The Great Pretender" by The Platters is replaced by unknown song/insturmental.

Disc 2:

"Fonzie and Leather Tuscadero (Part 1)"
"Young Love" by Tab Hunter is replaced by an unknown song/intstrumental. "Cat" performed by Leather and the Suedes is included. "All Shook Up" performed by Leather and the Suedes is included. "Heartbreak Hotel" played by Leather and the Suedes is included.

"Fonzie and Leather Tuscadero (Part 2)"
"Heartbreak Hotel" performed by Leather and the Suedes is included. "Devil Gate Drive" performed by Leather and the Suedes is included.

"My Fair Fonzie"
"I'm Walkin" by Fats Domino is replaced by an unknown song. "Never Be Anyone But You" by Ricky Nelson is replaced by an unknown song. "Are You Lonesome Tonight" by Elvis Presley is replaced twice by unknown songs/instrumentals.

"Bye Bye Blackball"
"Kansas City" (instrumental) by Wilbert Harrison is replaced by an unknown song/instrumental; "Pretend" by Nat King Cole is replaced by uknown song/instrumental. "Who's Sorry Now?" by Connie Francis is replaced by an unknown song/instrumental.

"Requiem for a Malph"
"Calendar Girl" played by the band is included. "Down by the Old Mill Stream" sung by the Cuningham family and Fonzie is included. "Yakety Yak" (instrumental) by The Coasters replaced by an unknown instrumental.

"Nose for News"
"Yakety Yak" by The Coasters is replaced by an unknown song/instrumental. Potsie briefly singing "Lady of Spain" is edited out of the episode.

"Grandpa's Visit"
"Tequila" played briefly by the band is edited out of the episode. "Way Down Yonder in New Orleans," "Sonny Boy," and "When the Saints Go Marching In" played by Cap Cunningham and his band are included.

Disc 3:

"Potsie Gets Pinned"
"Summertime Summertime" by The Jamies is replaced by an unknown song/instrumental. "Young Love" by Tab Hunter is replaced by an unknown song/instrumental. Potsie and Jennifer singing a song is included.

"Marion's Misgivings"
Potsie and the band performing "Wild One" by Bobby Rydell is included. Leather and the Sudes performing "I May Be Too Young" is included. "Splish Splash" by Bobby Darin is replaced by an unknown song/instrumental. "Are You Lonesome Tonight" by Elvis Presley is replaced by an unknown song/instrumental.

"Richie Almost Dies"
Leather singing "Believe" at the piano at the Cunningham home as a montage of video clips of Richie is shown is replaced by a piano instrumental version without the vocals. In the original unedited episode, they show Leather singing the beginning of the song on camera. That has been edited out of the DVD. It's disappointing that the vocal version wasn't included. From what I have read online, it was written specifically written for the show. It has never been released as single or on any of Suzi Quatro's albums.

"Spunkless Spunky"
"Cry" by Johnny Ray is replaced by an unknown instrumental.

"Be My Valentine"
Potsie and Jennifer performing a song is included. Ralph singing "My Funny Valentine" is included. Chachi singing "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" is included. Howard and Marion singing "I Remember It Well" is included. Richie and Lori Beth dancing to an instrumental is included. Al singing "Isn't It Romantic?" is included.

"Our Gang"
"Rock Around the Clock" by Bill Haley and the Comets is replaced by an unknown instrumental. "The Great Pretender" by The Platters is replaced by an unknown song/instrumental.

Disc 4:

"My Favorite Orkan"
"It's Late" by Ricky Nelson is replaced by an unknown song. "Blueberry Hill" sung briefly by Richie and Mork is edited out of the episode. I didn't hear Richie singing "Blueberry Hill" in any other episodes this season, so it's possible it was removed elsewhere. "Splish Splash" by Bobby Darin is replaced by an unknown instrumental.

"Do You Want to Dance?"
An original song on the jukebox at Arnold's is likely replaced by an unknown song.

"Second Wind"
Al singing and playing his ukulele is included. All of the original songs on the jukebox at Arnold's have been replaced by unknown songs/instrumentals: "Splish Splash" by Bobby Darin, "Kansas City" (instrumental) by Wilbert Harrison, "Never Be Anyone But You" (instrumental) by Ricky Nelson, "Put Your Head on My Shoulder" (instrumental) by Paul Anka, "A Teenager in Love" (instrumental) by Dion and the Belmonts, and "Summertime Summertime" by The Jamies.

"Rules to Date By"
Potsie and the band performing "Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen" is included. Leather and the Suedes and the band's performance of "Johnnie B. Goode" by Chuck Berry is replaced by an unknown instrumental. It's very odd to see Leather singing, but there are no vocals. I'm surprised they didn't edit out this entire scene, but this way is probably better than not including it at all.

"Fonzie for the Defense"
"Personality" by Lloyd Price is replaced by an unknown song/instrumental. "I'm Walkin" by Fats Domino is replaced by an unknown song/instrumental. Richie and later Richie, Ralph and Potsie singing "The Three Caballeros" is included.

"4th Anniversary Special"
Most of the original music in this episode has been replaced by other songs/instrumentals or edited out. Missing or replaced songs include "Cry" (instrumental) by Johnnie Ray, "Calendar Girl" (instrumental) by Neil Sedaka, "You're the Cream in My Coffee" by Ruth Etting - sung briefly by Fonzie, "Put Your Head on My Shoulder" (instrumental) by Paul Anka. They did include "On Moonlight Bay" sung by the Cunninghams and Fonzie at the end of the episode.

Music plays a big part in setting the atmosphere for this show, as it does for many films and TV shows. A 1950's show about teenagers hanging out in their favorite drive-in and music doesn't matter? LOL Just looking at the list of missing music shows you how large a role Garry Marshall intended for music to play.

Being upset over all that missing music and the missing footage is hardly something one can call nit-picky.

Having low standards and accepting subpar releases just gets more of the same. Would you buy a film or TV show that wasn't in its original aspect ratio as well?

If I want to listen to a whole song, I buy a CD. If I want to watch a show the way it was intended to be seen and Heard, I expect that buying the DVD should get me that. I guess not...

NO THANK YOU CBS FOR GIVING US THE UNIMPRESSIVE, INCOMPLETE SEASON 5.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:37 PM   #100
studd911

One thing about Timelife tv shows and dvd collections they can offered them big time which is why i would trust them more then any other studio because they believe in giving us the real thing as long as they have been promoting there product they have not receiving any bad feedbacks
Old 05-21-2014, 11:58 AM   #101
studd911

Default Todd Based On Your HD5 Break Down Are You Honestly Disappointed With This Product

Todd Based On Your HD5 Break Down Are You Honestly Disappointed With This Product and has CBS really signed there own death warrent in not moving forward with the rest of the series i no that you are infurated like everybody else who waited for a long time
Old 05-21-2014, 01:33 PM   #102
thebigcookie

Please stop spamming up the Happy Days boards. You have made your point. One time is enough. We don't care what you think. Stop trying to ruin it for everyone else. Your just as bad as neutronman was.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #103
studd911

first of all i asked a Todd not you again i am entitled to my opinion you got that and i can careless of what you think you are not going to changed me and i will not try to changed you and i leave it there
Old 05-21-2014, 01:40 PM   #104
thebigcookie

But you are flooding these forums with your unwanted posts. If you don't like the release don't buy it but stop flooding these forums with your same old constant complaints.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:42 PM   #105
studd911

Again you will not changed me so thats far as i am leaving love it or hate wherefore i could careless