Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Diff'rent Strokes Online / Diff'rent Strokes links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Dana Plato Yahoo Group / Diff'rent Strokes Photo Gallery

Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete First Season

Buy Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete First Season on DVD
Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Second Season

Buy Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Third Season

Buy Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Diff'rent Strokes
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-02-2014, 04:16 AM   #16
TMC
Forum Celebrity

The final season premiere involving Sam getting kidnapped really when you get right down to it, felt like (at least if you ask me) the writers were running out of ideas. What I mean is that they already did episodes involving Arnold, Dudley, and/or Kimberly getting kidnapped, so why not give Sam a "stranger danger" storyline. Plus, I wouldn't have been surprised if by this point, much of the audience was really tapped out from all of the increasingly implausible child endangerment stories.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:02 AM   #17
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk76
I agree. That's one of the reasons I think Mary Ann Mobley was a better Maggie than Dixie Carter.

Dixie Carter vs. Mary Ann Mobley
Old 08-10-2014, 10:03 PM   #18
Mace Dolex

The Hitchhiking 2-parter is being aired today and looking back this is what I realized about sitcoms when dealing with social topics, the imbecilic use of the laugh track. Here we have two underage kids getting kidnapped but it's OK because it will all be resolved in 30 minutes so let's all just enjoy and laugh a bit.

Oh look Kimberly was almost about to get assaulted but don't worry in a few seconds we'll have cute Arnold cracking one-liners.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:09 PM   #19
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex
The Hitchhiking 2-parter is being aired today and looking back this is what I realized about sitcoms when dealing with social topics, the imbecilic use of the laugh track. Here we have two underage kids getting kidnapped but it's OK because it will all be resolved in 30 minutes so let's all just enjoy and laugh a bit.

Oh look Kimberly was almost about to get assaulted but don't worry in a few seconds we'll have cute Arnold cracking one-liners.

The guy who played bill was a horrible actor
Old 08-11-2014, 01:01 AM   #20
Mace Dolex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
The guy who played bill was a horrible actor
Yeah he was a bit of a creeper but in some weird way even though what he did was wrong in a way you feel sorry for the guy since all he wanted was somebody to talk to, he even mentions to Kimberly that he never is up for promotions at work and that relationships are difficult to keep.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:27 AM   #21
Edward216

Definitely the episode where Arnold and Dudley almost get molested by the creepy old pervert. That's one of the creepiest and most disturbing things I've ever seen. Nothing funny about that. I wasn't much older than the characters when it was originally shown on TV.

Ed.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:35 PM   #22
chris jacob
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to chris jacob

another episode that was scary was the mugger episode pulleda knife on arnold anyone else?
Old 08-31-2014, 11:19 PM   #23
70s show watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris jacob
another episode that was scary was the mugger episode pulleda knife on arnold anyone else?
I agree that was a scary ep
Old 09-01-2014, 01:46 AM   #24
Mace Dolex

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris jacob
Which episode was that one?

I keep thinking of the episode where two high school punks ask Arnold and Dudley their lunch money in exchange for protection and when Willis intervenes he gets badly beaten.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:21 AM   #25
DJM77

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex
Which episode was that one?

I keep thinking of the episode where two high school punks ask Arnold and Dudley their lunch money in exchange for protection and when Willis intervenes he gets badly beaten.

"Street Smarts" from season 7. You're thinking of "Crime Story" from season 4.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:08 AM   #26
chris jacob
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to chris jacob

Ithink mr. Horton was a Good episode it Taught me to stay away from peole like that
Old 01-06-2017, 11:30 PM   #27
EccentricGenius
Forum Regular

I think the season three premiere, "The Bank Job," was the most intense two-part episode of "Strokes" (it was originally an hour-long episode that was subsequently re-edited into two separate episodes for syndication; when Shout! Factory released the third season on DVD in 2012, "The Bank Job"--along with "The Accident," another hour-long episode from season three [which, like "The Bank Job," was also re-edited into two separate episodes for syndication]--was unedited and intact).
Old 02-05-2017, 06:44 PM   #28
Wildchats
Forum Regular
Me

I think Hitchhiking was scary. I don't recall much of it but I know that the man was bad. Mr. Horton wasn't that bad of a guy, just weird and funny, and the guy who kidnapped Sam, he probably just said he'd kill his parents to make him not talk, so he'd believe him and that way they'd keep Sam and nobody would know where he was. He wouldn't have hurt him.

www.MarkSinacori.com
Check out my website!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3254521/?nmdp=1&
Check out my IMDB page!

https://www.facebook.com/MarkTSinacori
My public facebook! Please like it!

https://www.facebook.com/MarkTSinacori
My twitter page! Please follow me!