Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Family Matters links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Family Matters Photo Gallery

Family Matters - The Complete First Season

Buy Family Matters - The Complete First Season on DVD
Family Matters - The Complete Second Season

Buy Family Matters - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Family Matters - The Complete Third Season

Buy Family Matters - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Family Matters - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Family Matters - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Family Matters - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Family Matters - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Family Matters

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Los Espookys Premieres June 14 on HBO; NBC's 5th Annual Red Nose Day Special Brings Out the Stars
Nightline Primetime Special Profiles All in the Family & The Jeffersons; Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader Premieres June 10 on Nick
Comedy Central Heads to the South Side This July; Catch the Big Bang Finale Again Tonight
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 20, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Broadcast Network Fall Lineup at a Glance; Rick & Morty Returns in November
Fri-Yay: Big Bang Ends With No Hype?; ABC to Air Farrah Fawcett Documentary
The CW Upfront 2019-20: Fall 2019 Schedule; Notes from TBS and TNT Upfront

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April/May)

Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Second Season Alice - The Complete Ninth Season The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Fifth Season Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons

03/05 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Second Season (WBShop.com)
03/12 - Alice - The Complete Ninth Season (WBShop.com)
03/26 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-01-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
Neutronman67

Cool Did Steve Urkel's destroy his parents home like he did the Winslows

Steve Urkel caused thousands of damages to the Winslows house over the 9 years he was on that show from 1989-1998 lol and i know for a fact that he never paid them for all the things he broke by accident, his parents on the other hand was said by Steve Urkel as strict do you think he destroyed his own home like he did to the Winslows ???
Neutronman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:47 PM   #2
nicole7477
Frequent Poster

I don't know. They rejected him so much that they probably didn't allow him to touch anything. That's my observation.
nicole7477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:38 PM   #3
rpm31
Frequent Poster

I'll bet he was just as clumsy in his own home as he was in the Winslows!! Poor Steve though, his own parents didn't want him, and even after he improved himself in the final season, it was implied his own parents STILL didn't want to be in his life. If I were Steve, I would have given my parents the ultimate "Screw you," by taking the Winslow name when I married Laura, because the Winslows were the ones who REALLY treated him like family. In fact, in one fan fiction story (rated X, so no link), Steve actually does do this.
rpm31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:02 AM   #4
Neutronman67

Well they rejected Steve Urkel because he had that high voice and even when he tried to change his appearance that was similar to Stefan in season 9 the women still did not want to kiss him not even for 5 dollars it was his personality that Laura and society did not like about him, now for some odd reason Steve said his parents loved Stefan wow so Steve's parents wanted a slacker son instead of a brainy son harsh so Laura did not like the fact that Steve was smarter than her maybe thats why she always rejected him. lol.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #5
Furienna

The weird thing is that the whole Urkel family (except for maybe OGD) seemed to be nerds, so what did Steve's parents expect him to be?
Furienna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:11 PM   #6
Neutronman67

Furienna OGD was a Thug the winslows could not handle a guy like him he wanted to fight everybody that did not like him like Carl Winslow, i assume the Winslows did not like OGD personality not even a stuck up girl like Laura who always dated bad boys she was not attracted to his hoody personality, i dont even no if Myra Monkhouse could be with a guy like OGD, 3J was the only person that could relate to OGD since his personality was similar to his before he met Steve Urkel and the Winslows.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #7
Furienna

If I remember correctly, Carl was prepared to like OGD. Until he realised that he listened to music, where the lyrics were against the police, and even played it for 3J. Things went downhill from there... There was also a much worse thug, who had followed OGD from Detroit to Chicago. Maybe that made Carl fear for his family's safety? Because I remember him becoming really angry with OGD, even after he was reminded by Harriet that he was Steve's cousin...

But I liked that episode. Yeah, it sure was ridiculous that yet another guy would fall in love with Laura. Sigh... But other than that, it sure is one of the best episodes of season 9. Of course, it helps that OGD never was overused, like Stephan and Myrthle. But it gave a TV show, that was taking its last breathes, a bit of fresh air.
Furienna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:52 PM   #8
rpm31
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutronman67
Furienna OGD was a Thug the winslows could not handle a guy like him he wanted to fight everybody that did not like him like Carl Winslow, i assume the Winslows did not like OGD personality not even a stuck up girl like Laura who always dated bad boys she was not attracted to his hoody personality, i dont even no if Myra Monkhouse could be with a guy like OGD, 3J was the only person that could relate to OGD since his personality was similar to his before he met Steve Urkel and the Winslows.
That's funny, because in a fake season 10, Myra and OGD DO end up together, after OGD reforms himself, getting away from a life of crime, and goes by C-Dawg instead. It looks like Myra will become a Mrs. Urkel after all!
rpm31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:14 AM   #9
Neutronman67

Maxine and OGD seemed like they could make a better couple besides her going out with a nice guy like Waldo thugs were always her best choice, Laura and OGD had nothing in common they were two diff'rent people she was sassy but she was also a little goody two shoe girl like shirley temple, OGD was entertaining they should have brought him back for more episodes lol, i can see OGD and Laura going on the Maury show muhahahaha lol.