Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Home Improvement links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Home Improvement Photo Gallery

Home Improvement - The Complete First Season

Buy Home Improvement - The Complete First Season on DVD
Home Improvement - The Complete Second Season

Buy Home Improvement - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Home Improvement - The Complete Third Season

Buy Home Improvement - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Home Improvement - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Home Improvement - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Home Improvement - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Home Improvement - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Home Improvement - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Home Improvement - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
Home Improvement - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Home Improvement - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Home Improvement - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Home Improvement - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
Home Improvement - The 20th Anniversary Complete Collection

Buy Home Improvement - The 20th Anniversary Complete Collection on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Home Improvement

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Without Roseanne is Official; Is a Revival of The Nanny in the Works?
Fri-Yay: Shows to Catch Up on This Summer; The Conners Coming to ABC Tuesdays This Fall
3rd Rock from the Sun Launches on Laff in July; The CW Fall 2018 Premiere Dates
NBC Fall 2018 Premiere Dates; Season 4 of Bounce Sitcom Premieres July 2
The History of Comedy Returns to CNN; Showtime Gets First Late Night Talk Show
Showtime Gets Don Cheadle Comedy; HBO Special Directed by Jerrod Carmichael Coming Soon
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 18, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Spinoff One Step Closer to Reality; Netflix to Air New Season of Lucifer
Fri-Yay: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Finally Finds Its Best Self; All About the Washingtons with Rev Run Coming to Netflix
Paramount Network Comedy Scores in Ratings; Stan Against Evil Returns on Halloween for Season 3

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)

Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season Step by Step - The Complete First Season Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Oh No 100 Reasons why Randy Taylor was such a brat!

Of all the characters on "Home Improvement" I like the least...It's Randy "Smartass" Taylor!

He opens his mouth, and It's something sarcastic and you wish the Taylors would give him more discipline than his other brothers...here's a few examples....

1-In one episode, Randy Taylor tells Bud Harper that Binford is the most pollutant business in Detroit and yells at his dad for defending Bud by calling him a Tyranical Fascist!

2-When Tim was putting in an intercom system for their house, Tim accidently hears Randy's conversation...calling it "Fool Time". Tim does ground Randy for a week, but Randy STILL acts sarcastic to his dad. I know this is TV, but if it was real life...he'd be grounded even more so!

3-Randy says "Hey Mom, where's Dad"? when Tim is wearing a kilt...Randy...don't EVER say that to a true Scottish man...It'll be hell!

4-Randy tells his dad to bend-over when he had part of a table stuck on his head. That's nice respect...NOT!

5-Randy gets jealous when he sees his older brother Brad on "Tool Time" and he doesn't give him respect.

I think we can reach-up to 100 real soon!

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

I don't have a problem with Randy, he's part of why Home Improvement was a great show. The weak links in the cast were Heidi and Mark.
FRASIER: As usual Frasier has to save the day.
MARTIN: As usual Martin has to hear about it.
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:44 AM   #3
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
Of all the characters on "Home Improvement" I like the least...It's Randy "Smartass" Taylor!

He opens his mouth, and It's something sarcastic and you wish the Taylors would give him more discipline than his other brothers...here's a few examples....

1-In one episode, Randy Taylor tells Bud Harper that Binford is the most pollutant business in Detroit and yells at his dad for defending Bud by calling him a Tyranical Fascist!

2-When Tim was putting in an intercom system for their house, Tim accidently hears Randy's conversation...calling it "Fool Time". Tim does ground Randy for a week, but Randy STILL acts sarcastic to his dad. I know this is TV, but if it was real life...he'd be grounded even more so!

3-Randy says "Hey Mom, where's Dad"? when Tim is wearing a kilt...Randy...don't EVER say that to a true Scottish man...It'll be hell!

4-Randy tells his dad to bend-over when he had part of a table stuck on his head. That's nice respect...NOT!

5-Randy gets jealous when he sees his older brother Brad on "Tool Time" and he doesn't give him respect.

I think we can reach-up to 100 real soon!
100 real fast? Try 5 in a thread that fell on its face right out of the gate.

1) Randy was rightfully concerned about the environment. Binford was overtaken by loonies in the show's later years. Even Tim admitted that.

2) You know where he got that from? Watching Tim make jokes about Al's mother on Tool Time!

3) I think you're overreacting. Rowdy Roddy Piper took jokes about his kilt all the time.

4) It's called a joke. Look into it.

5) Sibling rivalry exists in all households with more than 1 child.

Randy didn't need more discipline than Brad (smoked marijuana, got brought home by the police, etc) or Mark (stole a knife, made that video where he fantasized about killing his parents). He was the most sane kid on that show.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #4
JO Sweet Heart

In my opinion, Randy did get away with too much.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I wanted to smack him when he started up again after Jill's dad past away.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:43 AM   #5
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by JO Sweet Heart
In my opinion, Randy did get away with too much.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I wanted to smack him when he started up again after Jill's dad past away.
I don't really believe that. Randy was more well-behaved than his OLDER brother, and certainly more so that Mark, who was hanging around creepy, anti-social people like Rodney.

But *if* Randy got away with a lot (and that's a big if) it's important to keep in mind that he had the most health problems of any of the kids. He had the big cancer scare, he had hypothyroidism. It even dates back to when he was a baby (collick). He was also shorter than both of his brothers and it wouldn't have been as easy for him to defend himself against bullies than the other 2.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #6
JO Sweet Heart

^^^ Having health problems does not give a person the right to treat others like dirt.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
JO Sweet Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:47 PM   #7
catsrule
Forum Veteran

I never thought Randy treated people like dirt. He was a normal kid who liked to joke around and be sarcastic.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:18 PM   #8
catsrule
Forum Veteran

And if Randy was a jerk occasionally guess who he learned it from? Tim was Mr. Insensitive lots of times.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:55 PM   #9
JO Sweet Heart

^^^ Obviously Tim knew where to draw the line at least or he never would have addressed anything over that Randy had to say.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Jill had to come down on him at least one time too. If my memory serves me, it was during the episode when Tim raced against Bob Vila in his hit rood during season 3.
JO Sweet Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:23 AM   #10
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by JO Sweet Heart
^^^ Obviously Tim knew where to draw the line at least or he never would have addressed anything over that Randy had to say.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Jill had to come down on him at least one time too. If my memory serves me, it was during the episode when Tim raced against Bob Vila in his hit rood during season 3.
His "hit rood"? Habla Ingles?

God bless you always!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:34 AM   #11
king of comedy

After reading these, I can see why this show hasn't age well.
king of comedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:51 AM   #12
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of comedy
After reading these, I can see why this show hasn't age well.
It ages just fine. Can you imagine how dull the show would have been without Randy in his early years? The show started airing in reruns on syndication in 1995 and hasn't let up since.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:48 PM   #13
Spark Of Spirit
Forum Regular

I think the show aged just fine. I know the PC police tend to come down on this show pretty hard these days, but the jokes still work well with me and most anyone I talk to about it.
A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.
― G.K. Chesterton
Spark Of Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:36 PM   #14
MacLeaper
Child of the 80s

I agree that Randy can definitely be a brat at times. But then- so were Brad and Mark at times. I do think that they did eventually mature as the series progressed though. I love "Home Improvement" as it is- it's still quite funny and one of my favorite shows from the 1990s. (Of which, there's a rather short list.)
"Ha, I kill me!" - ALF
"I am The Way, The Truth and The Life. No man comes to The Father but by Me."- Jesus Christ (John 14:6)
MacLeaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:49 PM   #15
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeaper
I agree that Randy can definitely be a brat at times. But then- so were Brad and Mark at times. I do think that they did eventually mature as the series progressed though. I love "Home Improvement" as it is- it's still quite funny and one of my favorite shows from the 1990s. (Of which, there's a rather short list.)
True...Brad and Randy were the ones who got in trouble the most, but Brad tried to better himself after he got caught with pot and by the cops.

Mark seemed a little more spoiled and would always squeal on everyone, then he became rebellious in Season 7, but by Season 8 seemed to have mellowed-out.

I just don't like Randy's attitude on the show. At least in the final episode he was ever in, his sarcastic joking was long gone....
MrCleveland is online now   Reply With Quote