Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
studd911

Wink Greeting Happy Days fans - should CBS Sell The Rights To Mill Creek Entertainment?

Greeting Happy Days Fans it has been a long time and I hope that all is well, hey I wanted to asked you all something I went on www,tvshowsondvd.com where you get all of the news that's pertaining to the dvd to make the long story short I stumbled across this new company whose called Mill Creek Entertainment a company that I have never heard of any way they are rereleasing Married With Children with all of the original them music intact, Charles Angels GOOD TIMES where they are compiling season 1 and 2 any way they said according to sources that the Sony had owned these shows and there license has ran out and Mill Creek has pick them up, I am wondering with all of the complaints about CBS not releasing the remaining series of Happy Days will they release there license to a company like Mill Creek because Shout Factory does the same thing, if CBS/Paramount will not released Happy Days then they should consider of giving up there rights and allowing a company like Mill Creek to take a shot at it what do you fans think

Last edited by robyrob : 11-09-2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: clarifty thread title
Old 11-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
McGillicuddy

Millcreek only re-releases seasons of shows that have already been released.

You know, Star Vista/Time Life would be good for releasing Happy Days. They stand a better chance of getting the music rights.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
studd911

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGillicuddy
Millcreek only re-releases seasons of shows that have already been released.

You know, Star Vista/Time Life would be good for releasing Happy Days. They stand a better chance of getting the music rights.
If you go to www.tvshowsondvd.com you will see for yourself again I have never ever heard of this company when I read that they have included all of the original theme music from Married With Children I new that they meant serious business because they no what the fans want I give them credit that by just releasing these sitcoms with everything intact and again I think that if Paramount is not willing to release all of the seasons from Happy Days that we the fans who has been waiting for then they should just step aside as a matter of fact Mill Creek have included all of the original broadcasting closed caption that's just me. But you are 100% correct they are releasing these shows which was already out, however, the only difference is that everything that the previous studios didn't included is there which should have been released In its original format from the get go, but I am happy that with a company like this particular one knows what fans truly desires, and if they want Happy Days Paramount should just give it up especially if there license runs out does anybody else agree or disagree
Old 11-10-2013, 12:41 AM   #4
anglemark10
Forum Regular

Sony owns all of those series you mentioned. They didn't lose the rights. They licensed the rights to Mill Creek. The same thing would be true of Happy Days. CBS/Paramount owns the show and would have to license the rights to Mill Creek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by studd911
But you are 100% correct they are releasing these shows which was already out, however, the only difference is that everything that the previous studios didn't included is there which should have been released In its original format from the get go
The original theme for Married... with Children was included in the original releases for the first two seasons. We'll see what Mill Creek's versions of season three and beyond look like.

By the way, Mill Creek has been around since 2002.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
studd911

I recently spoke with a member of Milles Creek and I told the person of whom I was talking about how I would love to see them in the near future especially if CBS would do it to by the rights to released the series with everything intact the way in which it should have been but they that its a good suggestion where in the future they might consider
Old 02-08-2014, 11:22 PM   #6
Colonel Hogan
Frequent Poster

If you visit a lot of Blu-ray and DVD sites, you'll hear most posters pointing out that Mill Creek is a lousy distributor, typically known as one of the worst.

I would never want to see them get Happy Days. You think the releases are poor so far? With Mill Creek, episodes would likely be more edited with even more music missing. They're a bargain distributor, not a boutique label. They're on the level with Echo Bridge.

As someone already pointed out, they only release what other studios license out to them and usually just release things already released in the past.

Look at what they're doing with the Bewitched re-releases. The same intact episodes of the Sony sets but they're cramming more episodes on each disc to save a buck.

Shout might not a be a bad idea. They've done some good releases and some not-so-good. Their Leave it to Beaver set was okay. They butchered the first season of Father Knows Best. I doubt it will happen. I don't see CBS giving up Happy Days.

If Season 5 sells well, I think you'll see the rest of the seasons released in a timely manner, especially seasons 6 and 7, just like the resurgence of and completion of the Laverne and Shirley sets. There hasn't been a Happy Days release in over 5 years. They know hardcore fans are desperate and that they're more likely to put up with music replacement just to get the show.

I hope they at least get through Season 7, Ron Howard's last season. I'd like to see a bonus disc on Season 7 that includes "Welcome Home, Richie" and "Passages" from the final season. That way, we'd have all the Ron Howard episodes. I have no use for Seasons 8-11 myself and I think CBS knows those seasons may sell poorly, even among the fanbase.

Last edited by Colonel Hogan : 02-10-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:43 PM   #7
JH23
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Hogan
I hope they at least get through Season 7. I'd like to see a bonus disc on Season 7 that includes "Welcome Home, Richie" and "Passages" from the final season. That way, we'd have all the Ron Howard episodes. I have no use for Seasons 8-11 myself and I think CBS knows those seasons may sell poorly, even among the fanbase.

I'd like all 11 seasons on DVD personally. Although season 8-11 were the decline years I'd still like to see the Fonz in those years on DVD and especially Tom Bosley (Mr. C).
Old 02-09-2014, 12:11 AM   #8
Colonel Hogan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH23
I'd like all 11 seasons on DVD personally. Although season 8-11 were the decline years I'd still like to see the Fonz in those years on DVD and especially Tom Bosley (Mr. C).

I'll admit, they were great characters. Some of the best ever. Howard Cunningham is one of the best dads in TV history, in my opinion. The Fonz is well, The Fonz. I always liked Mrs. C a lot too, however, in Seasons 8-11, she changed and I cringe every time I see scenes where she gets happy and does that screechy shout/cheer and throws her arm in the air. I still wouldn't buy Seasons 8-11, but I hope they release those for fans that want them.

Last edited by Colonel Hogan : 02-10-2014 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:29 AM   #9
James28
Michael Jackson - DCS Leader

Certain shows that are having their seasons released on DVD by Mill Creek Entertainment, such as Bewitched, Married with Children, and Roseanne, have already had all of their seasons released on DVD years ago, even if the original DVD released wound up out of print. Happy Days has not had every single one of its seasons released on DVD as of this writing, so CBS/Paramount shouldn't already sell the rights to Mill Creek, or let Mill Creek license the rights.