Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-10-2016, 09:13 PM   #121
danderson400
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yong Fang
ABC has always been my least favorite network. Just do not like their programming. Of the Big Four networks, ABC probably has the least shows I watch or watched.

My question, how and why did ABC lose Monday Night Football? I would think this would be a coveted show not to lose, and ABC lost it to ESPN, which sucks for the poor people who do not have cable.
ABC used to be my favorite network.
Not only did they have Wide World of Sports but they had China Beach, some of the Indycar races(they still do, but on a lesser scale) and the movies on Sunday Nights and Monday Night Football. the network has went downhill since they canceled WWOS, China Beach, and lost MNF. i don't like their programming anymore. they even canceled Life Goes On which i liked too.

Last edited by danderson400 : 12-09-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:13 AM   #122
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets82
I always thought that MNF on ABC had lost its luster the last few years. I think it got a somewhat super charge being on ESPN. I will say that for them keeping MNF and having record numbers for the games on ESPN its kind of a double edged sword. I say that because when you look at the premier tv schedules, NBC's Sunday night Football is number 1 followed by the CBS/NFLN Thursday Night Football followed by MNF.

Monday Night Football as a concept probably is obsolete in a sense because it was first done during an era in which cable television like ESPN or NFL Network was in its infancy, if it existed at all. What I mean is that outside of the playoffs/Super Bowl, the Monday night game was really the only time (well, outside of NFL Films' syndicated highlight shows/HBO's Inside the NFL) that you were guaranteed nationwide exposure for the week. It's kind of why that Howard Cosell narrating highlights during halftime back in the day, was a big deal.

With that being said, MNF on ABC lost its luster for several reasons I think besides what I just said. There was the Monday night pro wrestling wars between WWE and WCW siphoning off viewers during the late '90s. There was the introduction of Sunday night prime time games on ESPN and later TNT, which meant that MNF was no longer the sole, nationally broadcast game of the week. To make matters worse, was when Disney purchased ABC and ESPN and in their infinite wisdom (in 1998 when they got the full Sunday night package from TNT) "borrowed" the production look from MNF on ABC to also use for ESPN. Al Michaels lays it all out in his autobiography, where he called this sort of thing "sin-ergy".

And then there's of course, the ever growing issue of ABC not being able to "flex" their schedule (meaning that they could ask the NFL change the match-up during the season if say, both teams are underperforming) just in case that they wind up w/ a dog of a game.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:19 AM   #123
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by danderson400
ABC used to be my favorite network.
Not only did they have Wide World of Sports but they had China Beach, some of the Indycar races(they still do, but on a lesser scale) and the movies on Sunday Nights and Monday Night Football. the network has went downhill since they cancled WWOS, China Beach, and lost MNF. i don't like their progamming anymore. they even cancled Life Goes On which i liked too.

I hate to say this, but I'm not sure if a weekly anthology sports program like WWOS could work or be successful in this day and age. If I'm not mistaken, one of the reasons why WWOS started losing its shine was because 24 hour channels like ESPN provided the same type of often obscure sporting events that WWOS could only provide once a week. It's kind of similar to how MTV made American Bandstand seem obsolete by the late '80s.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:33 AM   #124
danderson400
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC
Monday Night Football as a concept probably is obsolete in a sense because it was first done during an era in which cable television like ESPN or NFL Network was in its infancy, if it existed at all. What I mean is that outside of the playoffs/Super Bowl, the Monday night game was really the only time (well, outside of NFL Films' syndicated highlight shows/HBO's Inside the NFL) that you were guaranteed nationwide exposure for the week. It's kind of why that Howard Cosell narrating highlights during halftime back in the day, was a big deal.

With that being said, MNF on ABC lost its luster for several reasons I think besides what I just said. There was the Monday night pro wrestling wars between WWE and WCW siphoning off viewers during the late '90s. There was the introduction of Sunday night prime time games on ESPN and later TNT, which meant that MNF was no longer the sole, nationally broadcast game of the week. To make matters worse, was when Disney purchased ABC and ESPN and in their infinite wisdom (in 1998 when they got the full Sunday night package from TNT) "borrowed" the production look from MNF on ABC to also use for ESPN. Al Michaels lays it all out in his autobiography, where he called this sort of thing "sin-ergy".

And then there's of course, the ever growing issue of ABC not being able to "flex" their schedule (meaning that they could ask the NFL change the match-up during the season if say, both teams are underperforming) just in case that they wind up w/ a dog of a game.
I remember it being a big deal if NBC cut to Bob Costas in New York to show highlights of other games before Our House or Magical World of Disney or even Eerie Indiana back then. same with Brent Musburger or Greg Gumbel before 60 Minutes on CBS. But when i had cable in 93, seeing NFL PrimeTime on ESPN with Boomer and TJ was a big deal to me because i'd never seen extended highlights of each game!

Last edited by danderson400 : 06-13-2016 at 05:59 AM.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:02 PM   #125
HarryWild
Forum Regular

ABC has done it again with Castle TV Show! They were #1 in the rating from season 2-6 and they hired new writers and took the show into a tailspin that end up with a cancellation in the end of season 8!

The new writers changed the show from a procedural lighthearted crime drama into a dark conspiracy thriller along with Castle and Beckett getting separated from one another. LOL! Rating drop from 2.6 to 1.0 share of 18-49 and decrease viewership fell by 40%!

Before the show got the ax, word got out that Katic and Fillion in real life hated each other and avoid talking on the set when not in a scene together! LOL!
Old 06-29-2016, 10:24 PM   #126
James28
Michael Jackson - DCS Leader

Can we say ABC's cancellation of Nashville is a mistake, also?

Even though Nashville's critical reception was among the most positive for any scripted show on network TV, the 18-49 demo ratings and viewership for each of its four seasons on ABC were mediocre. Even though a writers room for season 5 had been set up by its new showrunners, ABC still cancelled it after season 4, to the shock of its fans and the media.

The other factors that may have led to Nashville being cancelled by ABC include: Hayden Panettiere's struggles with postpartum depression, the passage of an anti-LGBT counseling law in Tennessee, and Paul Lee being replaced as President of ABC Entertainment by Channing Dungey.

Fortunately, Nashville has been picked up by CMT for season 5 (with the new episodes on the cable channel being made available the next day on Hulu).

My opinion? I think if Nashville had attracted at least 10-12 million viewers during its run on ABC, ABC would have continued to air the series anyway.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:45 AM   #127
simmytbone

Well let's get to the 96/97 Season which was the 1st season under The Walt Disney Company

20 years ago, abc along with ESPN sold their stock to The Walt Disney Company and since then, the 96/97 season started the beginning of the end for many abc shows:

The ABC Afterschool Specials and the ABC Weekend Specials both exited abc in 1997

Afterschool Specials ended after 25 years and the Weekend Specials ended after 20 years before abc retooled its Saturday Morning Line-Up to Disney's One Saturday Morning from 1997-2002

The 96/97 Season also marked the end of the following shows:

When TGIF added Sabrina: The Teenage Witch Starring Melissa Joan Hart of Nickelodeon's Clarissa Explains it All Fame, Comedienne Caroline Rhea and Jenna Leigh Green, the 96/97 Season spelled the end for Family Matters and Step By Step

1st off, Family Matters was a Nielsen Ratings Top 20 Grabber during the 2nd Season and from Seasons 2-4, it was in the Top 30 and that was when Lorimar took over the show, but when Lorimar closed its doors and sold to Warner Bros. Television during the 93/94 Season, that's when the show started to slowly fade like writing off Judy Winslow played by Jaimee Foxworth and focusing more on the feud between Steve Urkel and Carl Winslow made it worse as well and plus, Aunt Rachel and Little Richie even got wrote off the show, but made appearances from time to time and then, after Urkel, Laura and Waldo graduated High School, during the 96/97 season, Waldo left the show and adding 3J to the mix didn't even help wonders either, and that was the final straw for abc as the show was cancelled after 8 season

But, when the show moved to CBS as part of the Friday Night Block Party, that's when the ratings took a HUGE Fall and JoMarie Payton leaving the show half-way through the season and replacing her with Judyann Elder as the new Harriett Winslow was the last straw

JoMarie Payton's Harriett had a STRONG Heart and was very outspoken, but Judyann Elder's Harriett didn't have any of that

also, Step By Step was a great show, and it made Cody "The Codeman" Lambert the show stealer, but after the 95/96 Season, Cody was written out of the series after legal problems that began with Sasha Mitchell's 1995 arrest on accusations of domestic violence by his first wife Jeannette Robbins, charges which were later dropped and he was cleared of wrongdoing. Cody returned as a guest star for one episode in season seven when the show moved to CBS

The final season on abc, the producers replaced Cody with Jean-Luc Rieupeyroux played by Bronson Pinchot of another Miller-Boyett Sitcom Perfect Stangers

Jean-Luc is a male beautician, and serves as Carol's business partner. He was brought in to take the place of Sasha Mitchell's character on the series, but disappeared when Pinchot took the title role in the short-lived CBS sitcom Meego (which aired alongside Step by Step when the latter moved to CBS for its seventh season in 1997).

Meego was the 1st first show produced by Miller-Boyett-Warren when Michael Warren ended his partnership with William Bickley

IMO, putting Jean-Luc was not a good decision by the network executives and when the show moved to CBS, I enjoyed it better than Family Matters, but neither show had a great finale, IMO

and also, Hangin' with Mr. Cooper, another Lorimar Sitcom that was also in the hands of Warner Bros. Television

When Lorimar produced the show, it was more like a Black Version of Three's Company as it was an adult oriented sitcom, but when the show Warner Bros. took over the show, abc moved the show to Friday Nights and it went from an adult-oriented sitcom to a more family-friendly sitcom

However, during the 96/97 Season, the show became as a mid-season replacement for abc's Monday Night Football and abc moved the show to Saturday Nights and THAT was a HUGE mistake and that caused the show to be cancelled, but unlike Family Matters and Step By Step, the show didn't go to CBS

and here's another one, during the 96/97 Season, America's Funniest Home Videos witnessed the Final Season for Bob Saget and the show changed its theme from the famous Jill Colucci theme to the Stewart Harris theme and the final episode of Saget's Run on AFV was on a Friday Night as he reunited with his friends, the cast of Full House as the show celebrated its 10th Anniversary

Andrea Barber, Jodie Sweetin, Candace Cameron Bure, Lori Loughlin, Dave Coulier and John Stamos

and after Saget's departure from AFV after 8 seasons, the show would return in January '98 and the show hired 2 NEW Hosts who happens to be 2 Former VJ

Model/Actress Daisy Fuentes of MTV (who recently celebrated her 50th Birthday) and Comedian John Fugelsang of VH1

The show even added a NEW segment called "The Bad News, Good News"

When Daisy & John took over, the show got a NEW theme, NEW Logos, NEW Set and a whole NEW Attitude

The theme song sounds more like The Mighty Mighty Bosstones BIG Hit The Impression that I get and that theme was used for 18 consecutive seasons before Alfonso "Carlton" Riberio took over the show after Tom Bergeron left the show after 14 seasons

Plus, their version became the only version to never air on its traditional Sunday Night Time Slot

Daisy & John's 1st season was pretty good, but when they returned for their 2nd season, that's when it got bad and I don't think that they wanted to be there and personally, I can't say as I blame them

The 1st season of Daisy & John's Version was on Monday Nights as a mid-season replacement for Monday Night Football and I taped some of the shows mainly due to me watching WCW Monday NITRO on TNT

The 2nd season of Daisy & John's Version moved to Saturday Nights and later Thursday Nights and that's spelled disaster for the show

I can tolerate Daisy, but John was tolerable on VH1, but was annoying on AFV, IMO

Putting the show on Thursday Nights against NBC's Thursday Night Juggernaut Must-See TV was a HUGE Mistake

AFV was moved to Thursday Nights in the Spring of '99 and it was up against TV's #1 sitcom in Friends and that spelled doom for AFV w/Daisy and John

I guess everyone's favorite friend Jennifer Aniston was too much for Daisy Fuentes to handle, but I know that they're good friends in Real Life if I'm mistaken

and now, here's the theme to Saget's Final Season to AFV performed by Stewart Harris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1mnGFQBUlM

and now, here's the The Mighty Mighty Bosstones performing The Impression That I Get and see if that reminds you of the theme to AFV from the Daisy & John Era and the Tom Bergeron Era

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGRMhVMkQG0

IMO, putting AFV up against Friends during the 98/99 Season was a HUGE Mess-Up, but also, I wonder why they didn't keep Daisy & John's Version on Sunday Nights or probably b/c abc and Vin Di Bona probably thought that they were either too cool or too much for Sunday Nights

Atlanta Falcons: RISE UP

Last edited by simmytbone : 05-26-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:27 PM   #128
Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmytbone
Well let's get to the 96/97 Season which was the 1st season under The Walt Disney Company

20 years ago, abc along with ESPN sold their stock to The Walt Disney Company and since then, the 96/97 season started the beginning of the end for many abc shows:

The ABC Afterschool Specials and the ABC Weekend Specials both exited abc in 1997

Afterschool Specials ended after 25 years and the Weekend Specials ended after 20 years before abc retooled its Saturday Morning Line-Up to Disney's One Saturday Morning from 1997-2002

When TGIF added Sabrina: The Teenage Witch Starring Melissa Joan Hart of Nickelodeon's Clarissa Explains it All Fame, Comedienne Caroline Rhea and Jenna Leigh Green, the 96/96 Season spelled the end for Family Matters and Step By Step

1st off, Family Matters was a Nielsen Ratings Top 20 Grabber during the 2nd Season and from Seasons 2-4, it was in the Top 30 and that was when Lorimar took over the show, but when Lorimar closed its doors and sold to Warner Bros. Television during the 93/94 Season, that's when the show started to slowly fade like writing off Judy Winslow played by Jaimee Foxworth and focusing more on the feud between Steve Urkel and Carl Winslow made it worse as well and plus, Aunt Rachel and Little Richie even got wrote off the show, but made appearances from time to time and then, after Urkel, Laura and Waldo graduated High School, during the 96/97 season, Waldo left the show and adding 3J to the mix didn't even help wonders either, and that was the final straw for abc as the show was cancelled after 8 season

But, when the show moved to CBS as part of the Friday Night Block Party, that's when the ratings took a HUGE Fall and JoMarie Payton leaving the show half-way through the season and replacing her with Judyann Elder as the new Harriett Winslow was the last straw

JoMarie Payton's Harriett had a STRONG Heart and was very outspoken, but Judyann Elder's Harriett didn't have any of that

also, Step By Step was a great show, and it made Cody "The Codeman" Lambert the show stealer, but after the 95/96 Season, Cody was written out of the series after legal problems that began with Sasha Mitchell's 1995 arrest on accusations of domestic violence by his first wife Jeannette Robbins, charges which were later dropped and he was cleared of wrongdoing. Cody returned as a guest star for one episode in season seven when the show moved to CBS

The final season on abc, the producers replaced Cody with Jean-Luc Rieupeyroux played by Bronson Pinchot of another Miller-Boyett Sitcom Perfect Stangers

Jean-Luc is a male beautician, and serves as Carol's business partner. He was brought in to take the place of Sasha Mitchell's character on the series, but disappeared when Pinchot took the title role in the short-lived CBS sitcom Meego (which aired alongside Step by Step when the latter moved to CBS for its seventh season in 1997).

Meego was the 1st first show produced by Miller-Boyett-Warren when Michael Warren ended his partnership with William Bickley

IMO, putting Jean-Luc was not a good decision by the network executives and when the show moved to CBS, I enjoyed it better than Family Matters, but neither show had a great finale, IMO

and also, Hangin' with Mr. Cooper, another Lorimar Sitcom that was also in the hands of Warner Bros. Television

When Lorimar produced the show, it was more like a Black Version of Three's Company as it was an adult oriented sitcom, but when the show Warner Bros. took over the show, abc moved the show to Friday Nights and it went from an adult-oriented sitcom to a more family-friendly sitcom

However, during the 96/97 Season, the show became as a mid-season replacement for abc's Monday Night Football and abc moved the show to Saturday Nights and THAT was a HUGE mistake and that caused the show to be cancelled, but unlike Family Matters and Step By Step, the show didn't go to CBS

and here's another one, during the 96/97 Season, America's Funniest Home Videos witnessed the Final Season for Bob Saget and the show changed its theme from the famous Jill Colucci theme to the Stewart Harris theme and the final episode of Saget's Run on AFV was on a Friday Night as he reunited with his friends, the cast of Full House as the show celebrated its 10th Anniversary

Andrea Barber, Jodie Sweetin, Candace Cameron Bure, Lori Loughlin, Dave Coulier and John Stamos

and after Saget's departure from AFV after 8 seasons, the show would return in January '98 and the show hired 2 NEW Hosts who happens to be 2 Former VJ

Model/Actress Daisy Fuentes of MTV (who recently celebrated her 50th Birthday) and Comedian John Fugelsang of VH1

When Daisy & John took over, the show got a NEW theme, NEW Logos, NEW Set and a whole NEW Attitude

The theme song sounds more like The Mighty Mighty Bosstones BIG Hit The Impression that I get and that theme was used for 18 consecutive seasons before Alfonso "Carlton" Riberio took over the show after Tom Bergeron left the show after 14 seasons

Plus, their version became the only version to never air on its traditional Sunday Night Time Slot

Daisy & John's 1st season was pretty good, but when they returned for their 2nd season, that's when it got bad and I don't think that they wanted to be there and personally, I can't say as I blame them

The 1st season of Daisy & John's Version was on Monday Nights as a mid-season replacement for Monday Night Football and I taped some of the shows mainly due to me watching WCW Monday NITRO on TNT

The 2nd season of Daisy & John's Version moved to Saturday Nights and later Thursday Nights and that's spelled disaster for the show

I can tolerate Daisy, but John was tolerable on VH1, but was annoying on AFV, IMO

Putting the show on Thursday Nights against NBC's Thursday Night Juggernaut Must-See TV was a HUGE Mistake

AFV was moved to Thursday Nights in the Spring of '99 and it was up against TV's #1 sitcom in Friends and that spelled doom for AFV w/Daisy and John

I guess everyone's favorite friend Jennifer Aniston was too much for Daisy Fuentes to handle, but I know that they're good friends in Real Life if I'm mistaken

and now, here's the theme to Saget's Final Season to AFV performed by Stewart Harris

and now, here's the The Mighty Mighty Bosstones performing The Impression That I Get and see if that reminds you of the theme to AFV from the Daisy & John Era and the Tom Bergeron Era

IMO, putting AFV up against Friends during the 98/99 Season was a HUGE Mess-Up, but also, I wonder why they didn't keep Daisy & John's Version on Sunday Nights or probably b/c abc and Vin Di Bona probably thought that they were either too cool or too much for Sunday Nights

Sorry but you are wrong! Every show that you mentioned had to go because they all sucked big time!!
Old 12-05-2016, 03:56 PM   #129
mets82

Simmy, excellent post. And you taped Monday Nitro?? Nice to see a fellow wrestling fan.

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:17 PM   #130
simmytbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets82
Simmy, excellent post. And you taped Monday Nitro?? Nice to see a fellow wrestling fan.

Thank You and yes, they had a great run, but it was just too much mess-ups there
Old 12-07-2016, 08:04 PM   #131
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmytbone

When TGIF added Sabrina: The Teenage Witch Starring Melissa Joan Hart of Nickelodeon's Clarissa Explains it All Fame, Comedienne Caroline Rhea and Jenna Leigh Green, the 96/96 Season spelled the end for Family Matters and Step By Step

I think that TGIF theoretically could've survived the departure of the shows that you mentioned. I think that the beginning of the end so to speak was the 1997-98 season. It was there, that ABC filled their TGIF line-up w/ nothing more than supernatural/fantasy sitcoms (Sabrina, Teen Angel, and You Wish) along with Boy Meets World. In essence, they rested too much on their laurels. They simply couldn't develop and foster any more successful shows past Sabrina and by 1999-2000, when BMW ended and Sabrina had its last season on ABC (before its move to the WB), they had little if anything else to fall back on.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:35 AM   #132
bmasters9

One thing that is not specific to ABC, but general to all three networks: making it to where New York is the default bureau for all three network newscasts. Back when I was a boy, New York was the general bureau for the normal nightly newscasts (World News Tonight, CBS Evening News, NBC Nightly News), and Washington was the bureau for the weekend newscasts of all three networks, IINM (and sometimes, Washington would be used for a weeknight newscast if the story so directed, like for a Presidential inauguration; see, for instance, this World News Tonight edition from Jan. 19, 1989, one day before the inauguration of George H.W. Bush and Vice-President Dan Quayle)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWuLfoJCsC4

...and of course, Washington was where Ted Koppel held court on Nightline for his run there.

Now, New York seems to be the default broadcast bureau for all three networks' newscasts, weeknight and weekend-- one hardly sees a network newscast from Washington anymore, except for Presidential inaugurations and major breaking stories, IINM.
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and other financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's spiel for The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 season; modified from what it was in 1985)
Old 12-10-2016, 07:53 AM   #133
king of comedy

ABC's TGIF had a great run.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:12 AM   #134
simmytbone

Here's another Mess-Up

Cancelling Three's a Crowd: The Spin-off of Three's Company and picking-up Diff'rent Strokes
Old 12-14-2016, 02:30 AM   #135
simmytbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenky
I think that was done because Who's the Boss has been losing audience and ABC needed something that can attract audience at Tuesday 8pm, it was good move for FH but bad for Friday night, Family Matters wasn't strong as FH.

I agree, moving Full House to Tuesday Nights competing against Rescue 911 was a GREAT Decision by abc and during the 91/92 season, FH cracked the Top 10 in the Nielsen Ratings and it finally got higher ratings than NBC's Powerhouse Sitcoms from the 80's in The Cosby Show and its spin-off A Different World along with The Golden Girls and its spin-off Empty Nest and it even got higher ratings than fellow abc sitcoms Who's the Boss? and Growing Pains which went from a Top 30 during the 90/91 season to #75 & #76 and both shows ended in the spring of '92 as well

Cosby, ADW, GG & EN dropped out of the Nielsen Ratings Top 10, but stayed in the Top 30 with Cosby and ADW in the Top 20

Even though Family Matters didn't crack the Top 10, the show did crack the Top 20 during the 90/91 Season, but it still stayed in the Top 30 during the 91/92 Season and again in the 93/94 Season

also, speaking of Who's the Boss? the 91/92 Season saw abc move the show to Saturday Nights competing against NBC's Saturday Night Juggernaut The Golden Girls and the show saw the ratings dropped BIG TIME to #76

Last edited by simmytbone : 07-04-2017 at 03:46 AM.