Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

View Poll Results: Boned When...
Fonzie Jumped The Shark - Lame Attempt To Reinvigorate Show 4 12.50%
Richie and Ralph - Lost Two Central Characters 12 37.50%
Filmed Before Studio Audience - Suddenly All The Performers Screamed Their Lines 6 18.75%
Day 1 0 0%
New Characters, Later Seasons - Roger, KC, Flip, Jenny Picalo, etc. 4 12.50%
Al Delvecchio - Yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah... 0 0%
Singing - Potsie sounds like the whitest person in the world 2 6.25%
Never Boned 3 9.38%
Exit Stage Left...Chuck Cunningham 1 3.13%
Ralph's Parents Divorce - Beginning of the end. 70s themes in 50s show. 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #31
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Default The Lords of Flatbush reunion

I would have liked to see more hidden Easter eggs in the show.
Example: Episode "Because It's There" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0596158/
Fonzie shocks his friends when he throws his leather jacket away after finding a note taped to the bottom of the old cookie jar that held the last three cookies his mother baked for him before she deserted him...until he finally tells them why.

Fonz switched back to his windbreaker in Happy Days: Season 11, Episode 1 wearing a jacket similar to Season 1 and 2. IF and when I find the photo, I'll add it next to this photo for comparison. It was a retro throwback!

OR I would have loved to see a "Lords of Flatbush" re-union, Henry would play the Fonz, and his old crew would stop by just to say hello or whatever in thieir character and costume. Probably near impossible because Stallone was a big star by 1980.

Now I know they did have Fonz reunite with his old Falcon gang in these episodes
Season 9, Episode 1: Home Movies: Part 1 - October 6 1981 and
Season 9, Episode 2: Home Movies: Part 2
But I would have LOVED to see the old crew from the Lords of Flatbush get together as a retro throwback innstead.

Last edited by antman67 : 11-25-2014 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:08 PM   #32
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Yeah, I doubt Sly Stallone would have made an appearance on Happy Days back in the '80s, but it would have been fun if he did.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:49 PM   #33
king of comedy

Wow!! I've got to rent this movie.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:32 AM   #34
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of comedy
Wow!! I've got to rent this movie.
The movie is not that good but it is WEIRD to see Henry so young in the movie which obviously got him the audition and the role as the Fonz as we all know. Although he looks like Fonzie in the film he acts more like a wise cracking young punk kid in the film. It was Stallone's performance as Stanley in the film that led to Henry to emulate his character and adapt it to the Fonz. I have seen him say this in many interviews. Years ago, the WHOLE 1974 film WAS on Youtube but has since been removed but IF you want to see Henry as Butchie you can watch it here:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xu5...ler_shortfilms
Old 11-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #35
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Pix when Fonz reunited with his old Falcon gang in this episode

Season 9, Episode 1: Home Movies: Part 1 - October 6 1981 and

Season 9, Episode 2: Home Movies: Part 2
But I would have LOVED to see the old crew from the Lords of Flatbush get together as a retro throwback instead.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:30 AM   #36
TMC
Forum Celebrity

http://www.avclub.com/article/70s-sitcoms-45254

Quote:
Marshall’s shows could be awfully stupid, but there are good moments in the early seasons of Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, and Mork & Mindy. Happy Days, in particular, starts out as a nostalgic look back at a simpler time many Americans (like Archie Bunker) longed for in the ’70s. (See also: American Graffiti, the sitcom’s obvious inspiration.) As the show continues, it switches from a single-camera to a multi-camera filming style, and the Fonz takes over the series. Both changes would ultimately hurt the show, but the first two seasons offer the best example of Marshall’s style. Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy both start out broad and dumb, but Laverne features winning comic performances from the ensemble, and Mork features early Robin Williams at his least filtered. If stupid but popular sitcoms of the era are your thing, Three’s Company is far from subtle but boasts great work by John Ritter.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:22 PM   #37
shadowhawk
Frequent Poster
Hawk of Liberty

My moments for JTS are: Richie and the guys graduate high school. That would have been a perfect ending for a coming of age show.

Fonzie jumps over the shark in a leather jacket. Hello! You don't wear leather in water!

Richie and Ralph left. Fonzie has no one left to interact with. Roger felt forced and Potsie was too stupid, annoying and useless.

The introduction of characters like KC, Flip and the Belvin Brothers.

Fonzie goes monogamous with Ashley, only for the character to be gone the next season, having reconciled with her husband. That's just like when that lady with the little boy Bobby, reconciled with her husband. Fonzie seems to have trouble in actual relationships with women.

Fonzie letting Tom Hanks beat him up.

Fonzie in a bunny suit, no matter what the reason.

Best of the best:

Married... With Children, Happy Days, Mama's Family, Golden Girls, MASH, The Simpsons, I Love Lucy, Perfect Strangers, Knight Rider, The Jeffersons, Good Times, Three's Company,The Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, All in the Family, Full House, Mr. Belvedere, In Living Color, Six Million Dollar Man, Wonder Woman

Last edited by shadowhawk : 08-19-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:36 AM   #38
TMC
Forum Celebrity

In the three-part “Hollywood,” Happy Days literally jumped the shark
Old 08-23-2015, 05:15 PM   #39
faraj
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj01
Interesting (maybe not) but I was reading in a newspaper archive article from summer 1980 that there was anticipation that HD would bring back the Chuck character for the 1980-81 season (the one where Richie & Ralph had departed). I think it mentioned the specific actor who had earlier played Chuck. I guess those plans (if they were) got scrapped and ended up bringing in the new character Roger.
Wow, that is interesting. Imagine if they brought back Gaven O'Herlihy or Randolph Roberts instead of Ted McGinley.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:19 PM   #40
faraj
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race's Girl
When new characters showed up. Okay, Roger was the only new character I liked
Because he's smart and a nice guy?
Old 08-23-2015, 06:08 PM   #41
Babalu

The show revolved around Richie Cunningham.

No Richie, no show.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 08-24-2015, 02:15 AM   #42
faraj
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
The show revolved around Richie Cunningham.

No Richie, no show.
Amen. Happy Days without Richie would be like a sandwich without the meat. Christmas without the presents under the tree. And cookies without milk.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:34 PM   #43
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

I think the show would have been a little better if Anson Williams left instead of Donny Most

That way you would have still had Fonzie and Ralph Malph

Postie was a NERD and GOOFBALL
Old 08-24-2015, 07:48 PM   #44
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
I think the show would have been a little better if Anson Williams left instead of Donny Most

That way you would have still had Fonzie and Ralph Malph

Postie was a NERD and GOOFBALL

I liked Potsie in the early seasons, but yeah, the years after Ralph and Richie were gone, Potsie was pretty much useless.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 08-24-2015, 07:54 PM   #45
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
I liked Potsie in the early seasons, but yeah, the years after Ralph and Richie were gone, Potsie was pretty much useless.

Wonder why he wasn't phased out of the show