Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Love, American Style (Happy Days Pilot Episode) / Love, American Style links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Love, American Style Photo Gallery

Love, American Style - Season 1, Volume 1

Buy Love, American Style - Season 1, Volume 1 on DVD
Love, American Style - Season 1, Volume 2

Buy Love, American Style - Season 1, Volume 2 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Love, American Style
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrate Halloween with The Simpsons on FXX; Sister Network FX Brings Back Comedy for 3rd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

TV CBS Developing "Love, American Style" Reboot

"Love, American Style" Gets Reboot at CBS
by NELLIE ANDREEVA
Monday August 26, 2013

CBS has put in development "Love, American Style", a contemporary version of the 1970s comedy anthology series. The new version, from CBS TV Studios and the Tannenbaum Co, is not keeping the anthology format of the original, which has proven hard to sustain these days as evidenced by such recent efforts as NBC’s "Love Bites".

CBS’ "Love, American Style" – written by Canadian scribes Jana Sinyor, creator of Being Erica, and Aaron Martin, creator of "The Best Years" — follows the lives of four couples who are connected through the many stages of love and their complicated relationships.

Sinyor and Martin executive produce with Eric Tannenbaum, Kim Tannenbaum and Madhouse Entertainment’s Robyn Meisinger and Adam Kolbrenner.

The original series, produced by Paramount TV, ran on ABC for five seasons and has enjoyed a healthy off-network syndication afterlife as a daytime staple.

There have been several previous attempts to revive the show, most recently a pilot by ABC starring Melissa Joan Hart, which didn’t go to series but aired in 1999.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/love...comedy-reboot/
Old 08-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
tommy b
Frequent Poster

So, it's going to be Love American Style in name only? I was interested when I first heard about this but reading the details I'm disappointed. For me the biggest fun of LAS was tuning in to see who was going to show up.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
Willbo
Forum Regular

I agree that the format should stay the same. It's fun to look at all the stars that were on the show in the past.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
howilu

If Love, American Style returns, I hope the producers retain the theme song that was used on the 70s version.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
Retro76
Frequent Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to Retro76
Oh No

Being a fan of the original series, I'll be watching this new version with caution. It's too bad they couldn't rerun the short lived 1985 version as well as picking up where they left off in DVD box sets.
That's me and you!

Me-TV+Antenna TV+RetroTV+Decades+CoziTV=Reliving the Days of Reruns of Independent TV (KTLA, KTTV, KCOP and KHJ) in Southern CA!
Old 09-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
comedyfreak
Forum Veteran
Cheers!

Hopefully Jo Ann Woolery will be a guest star.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!

Haha--this is gonna flop bigger than Rosie O' Donnell in a swimming pool. Seriously, can't they come up with original ideas!? Leave the classics alone!!
Old 11-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #8
bliss
Forum Regular
THAT GIRL

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by comedyfreak
Hopefully Jo Ann Woolery will be a guest star.

I can see it now SPECIAL GUEST STAR.....TINA LOUISE
Old 11-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #9
bliss
Forum Regular
THAT GIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro76
Being a fan of the original series, I'll be watching this new version with caution. It's too bad they couldn't rerun the short lived 1985 version as well as picking up where they left off in DVD box sets.

Sounds like another Friends knockoff imo.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #10
MacLeaper
Child of the 80s

I didn't know so many revival attempts had been done with this series. I've never really watched "Love, American Style", but I am mainly familiar with it because the pilot episode of "Happy Days" aired as an episode of this series.
Of course, the one good thing that could happen if a new version of the show does well- sometimes that does spark further DVD releases. (Hopefully of both the original show and other spinoff versions.)
"Ha, I kill me!" - ALF
"I am The Way, The Truth and The Life. No man comes to The Father but by Me."- Jesus Christ (John 14:6)
Old 11-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #11
hdh404
First Time Poster

Does anyone know how or where I can get a love American Style t-shirt?
Old 12-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #12
JMFabiano524
Forum Regular

I can see why they'd want to do this. Since Ironside and Charlie's Angels 2K1+ did SO well...

And with our luck, even that won't inspire Constantly Butchering Shows to continue the original series on DVD...

I'd rather see these guys revive the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT_GygTMcBA