Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites
ION Television Gets Festive for Holidays; USA Schedules Psych: The Movie

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #16
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

2 extremely important letters that we've been expecting for several days. The bad thing was that we also got a pile of advertisements and the letters were placed in between their pages. I always check for restaurant coupons when we get those each week so I was lucky I saw the letters.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #17
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Some bills.
Some junk mail.
Found footage horror flick, and some movie my wife and daughter picked out through Netflix.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 08-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #18
80sTrivia
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Soothsayer

A nice royalty check.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #19
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ties Forever!
Family Ties The Seventh season.

That's great Jenny. I know you've been waiting for that.

I got a LL Bean mini catalog. A 20% off coupon for Bed Bath & Beyond. A freebie magnet, and a letter from my health insurance company.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #20
Family Ties Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
That's great Jenny. I know you've been waiting for that.

I got a LL Bean mini catalog. A 20% off coupon for Bed Bath & Beyond. A freebie magnet, and a letter from my health insurance company.

Thanks.

Also there were some circulars in the mail.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #21
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Small carton of Djarum Black clove cigars I ordered:

Old 08-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #22
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

I got a couple things yesterday, more than normal, bills, magazine, 401K statement, catalog, maybe something else. I don't usually get much of anything

Filmaf ~ Twitter ~ Last.FM
Old 08-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #23
Regulus

Two Wall-Mounted Spice Racks from The Big River. They replace the old "Merry-Go-Round" Rack which I DESPISED All the spices are now organized in alphabetical order. As for the old Rack may it REST IN PIECES
Old 08-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #24
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

My "Revenge" Season 2 DVD that I pre-ordered months ago.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #25
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Freebies: water bottle, Big Billy sticker, face cream, shampoo and conditioner,coupons for free Stonyfield yogurt, a few coins for my husband and the usual junk mail.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #26
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

i swear all i ever get is junk mail - if I ever find out who is giving my address out to those guys....
Old 08-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #27
Family Ties Forever!

Audiobooks from the library.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #28
Regulus

Zilch.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #29
Regulus

This past Thursday, a letter from the Florida DCF informing me that my Food Aid would begin again. (I was getting $16.00 a Month from 2007 to this past June, then it was cut off because a $6.00 a month increase on my Disability made me "Too Rich" for Food Aid. Someone in Florida changed the rules and once more I qualify, and then some, I now get $81.00 a month in Food Aid! (I'd rather get a job, then I could get up to $600 a Month, with the knowledge I'm HELPING others less fortunate than I, instead of receiving Taxpayer Dollars) until this happens (and if you live in Florida you do not know how SCREWED worker get from their Employers thanks to the so-called "Right to Work" law in this state. (The law has a provision that allows employers to terminate their employment for any reason they want for the first 90 days). When I was working time and again I'd get SCAMMED by my employers, the most common ones were:

1. The "88" Scam. - Congratulations, you got a Job! You start working. Through the weeks you get buttered up by the staff and management. A week before you reach that 90 days they tell you when you pass that mark you will become a full-fledged employee, your wages will go from $8.00 an hour to $12.00 an hour, and you'll get the whole nine yards of benefits (Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Optical Insurane, one place even told me they'd pay my Car Insurance as long as I didn't cause an Accident or get a Ticket). the following Monday you come in and clock in. You are confronted my your supervisor only to be told you're no longer needed. The average length of your employment/ 88 Days.

2. The "Hidden Position" Scam. Once again you get a job. Your are shown your position. The working Conditions are pleasant, and the co-workers are friendly. If a Radio is involved it's tuned into a Station you like. You work this position for two or three weeks. Once again you are told how great a worker you are. Then one day once again you clock in. Again you're confronted by your supervisor. He tells you something like "Another Manager - Joe Smith needs help in his department. I want you to go help him. The work is anything but pleasant. If your previous position was in an air-conditioned building your new position isn't. The co-workers are not friendly and/or don't speak your language. If a Radio is present its spews out stuff you cannot stand to listen to. Once such job I had I "Toughed it out" for nearly a month. Then one day I told the manager I needed to use the restroom. I took a little side trip to the area I had first worked at, to discover someone else was doing that job. The Lunch Buzzer rang, and I followed that worker to the Lunch Room. I introduced myself to him, and I asked him how long had he worked here. He was hired the same day I was sent to my current position! He was essentially waiting for me to quit or get fired so he could be sent to take over the position I left! I clocked out at Lunch and never returned to that company.

Last edited by Regulus : 09-01-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #30
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus
Please excuse my French but if a Company Want's a Nr then Get a Nr!!!
That word is unacceptable here, whether it's censored or not.