Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Fall Pilot Reviews: Young Sheldon and Me, Myself & I, Both Premiere Tonight (Sep. 25)
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 25, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Reboot Casts David and Darlene's Daughter; The CW Developing New Series Based Upon Sabrina Character
Fri-Yay: The Good Place's Season Premiere; FXX to Air All Season One Episodes of The Mick on September 23
Hulu Gets Will & Grace Fever; New Netflix Comedy Has Girl Power
Rules of Engagement Coming to Logo; Younger Season 4 Sets Series Best
Pop Picks Up 2nd Season of Hollywood Darlings; South Park Still Strong in Season 21

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

Father Knows Best - Season Six Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season Alice - The Complete Fifth Season Rhoda - Season Four Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four

08/01 - Alice - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
08/01 - Crashing - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/15 - Rhoda - Season Four
08/22 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four
08/29 - Will & Grace - Season One (Universal)
09/01 - Angie - The Complete Collection
09/05 - Just Shoot Me! - The Complete Series
09/05 - Kevin Can Wait - Season One
09/06 - Better Things - The Complete First Season
09/06 - You're the Worst - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/12 - Coach - The Complete Series
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Fourth Season
09/12 - People of Earth - The Complete First Season
09/12 - Veep - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
09/19 - Living Single - The Complete Second Season
09/19 - Modern Family - The Complete Eighth Season
09/26 - Ned and Stacey - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-29-2013, 12:28 AM   #1
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default ABC Family September 2013 -- The Middle Added

ABC Family September 2013

Blog story: http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2013/0...dule-with.html

What's new: The Middle
What's gone: Full House
What's back: 8 Simple Rules and 10 Things I Hate About You

Weekdays, Effective Sept. 16

7:00A 10 Things I Hate About You (replaces Boy Meets World)
7:30A That 70s Show (replaces Boy Meets World)
8:00A That 70s Show (replaces Boy Meets World)
8:30A That 70s Show (replaces Boy Meets World)
9:00A That 70s Show (replaces Boy Meets World)
9:30A The 700 Club Interactive
10:00A The 700 Club
11:00A Gilmore Girls
12:00N Reba (replaces Full House)
12:30P Reba (replaces Full House)
1:00P 8 Simple Rules (replaces Full House)
1:30P 8 Simple Rules (replaces Full House)
2:00P Boy Meets World (replaces Reba)
2:30P Boy Meets World (replaces Reba)
3:00P Boy Meets World (replaces Reba)
3:30P Boy Meets World (replaces Reba)
4:00P Reba (replaces That '70s Show)
4:30P Reba (replaces That '70s Show)
5:00P The Middle (replaces That '70s Show)
5:30P The Middle (replaces That '70s Show)
6:00P The Middle (replaces AFV)
6:30P The Middle (replaces AFV cont.)
7:00P MOVIE
9:00P MOVIE
11:00P The 700 Club
12:00M The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
12:30A The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
1:00A The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (effect. 9/30, replacing Paid Programming)
1:30A The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (effect. 9/30, replacing Paid Programming)

Saturdays
7:00A-8:00A The Middle (replaces Boy Meets World)/Movies
8:00A-1:00A Movies
1:00A The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Movie
1:30A The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Movie

Sundays
7:00A-8:00A The Middle (replaces Boy Meets World)/Movies
8:00A-11:00P Movies
11:00P America's Funniest Home Videos/Movie

15th Annual 13 Nights of Halloween
October 19-October 31, 2013

Night One - Saturday, October 19th
The 15th annual 13 NIGHTS OF HALLOWEEN launches an all day scarefest with a mini marathon of comedy series "The Middle," featuring all of the Heck family's Halloween hijinks (7:00 - 8:30 AM ET/PT). New York's only hope in the midst of a crime wave is the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (8:30 - 10:30 AM ET/PT). Gotham City is under attack by The Joker in "Batman" at 10:30 AM- 1:30 PM ET/PT, then "Batman Returns" (1:30 - 4:30 PM ET/PT) to thwart The Penguin's evil plans. "Tim Burton's Corpse Bride" (4:30 - 6:25 PM ET/PT) kicks off a Tim Burton double feature, with "Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas" (6:25 - 8:00 PM ET/PT) doubling your frights. Catch the network premiere of "Disney·Pixar's Toy Story OF TERROR!" (8:00 - 8:30 PM ET/PT), where Buzz, Woody and all your favorite toys must work together to track down their missing friend. Then meet us down on the Scare Floor for "Disney·Pixar's Monsters, Inc." (8:30 - 10:30 PM ET/PT). We wrap up our night with how Batman came to be in "Batman Begins" at 10:30 PM - 12:30 AM ET/PT.

Night Two - Sunday, October 20th
Spend the day with the master of Halloween entertainment Tim Burton, starting with a trip down the rabbit hole with "Alice in Wonderland" (7:00 - 9:30 AM ET/PT), then collect your golden ticket to the world of Wonka in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (9:30 AM - 12:30 PM ET/PT). Then visit with "Coraline" (12:00 - 2:00 PM ET/PT), a little girl who realizes an idealized version of her unhappy home comes with its own secrets. Then it's back to Burton with "Tim Burton's Corpse Bride" (2:00 - 3:55 PM ET/PT) and the creepiest wedding of the year, followed by a haunting holiday in "Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas" (3:55 - 5:30 PM ET/PT). Join Mike Wazowski and Sulley for some premium scares in "Disney·Pixar's Monsters, Inc." (5:30 - 7:30 PM ET/PT), then take another ride on "Disney·Pixar's Toy Story OF TERROR!" (7:30 - 8:00 PM ET/PT) if you dare. "The Addams Family" (8:00 - 10:00 PM ET/PT) invites you to spend the evening with them and learn some "Addams Family Values" (10:00 PM - 12:00 AM ET/PT).

Night Three - Monday, October 21st
Watch out for the Red Queen as you revisit the fantastical Wonderland in "Alice in Wonderland" (6:30 - 8:30 PM ET/PT), then it's the tale of immortal love in "Twilight" (8:30 - 11:00 PM ET/PT). Stay up late for extra chills with "I Know What You Did Last Summer" (12:00 - 2:00 AM ET/PT), where someone is watching, and they know your secret!

Night Four - Tuesday, October 22nd
Relive your favorite moments from this season's search for Red Coat in a "Pretty Little Liars" marathon (11:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET/PT), featuring 9 back to back episodes filled with creepy text messages and even creepier gifts from "A". Then break out your Halloween finery as the Liars attend a very unusual costume party on a special brand new Halloween episode of "Pretty Little Liars" at 8:00 - 9:00 PM ET/PT. Watch Pretty Little Liars' Caleb as he steps into a new town where things are stranger than even he's ever seen in the highly anticipated premiere of new series "Ravenswood" (9:00 - 10:00 PM ET/PT). Additionally you can catch encores of the "Ravenswood" premiere at 10:00 - 11:00 PM ET/PT and 1:00 - 2:00 AM ET/PT, with the "Pretty Little Liars" Halloween episode airing in between at 12:00 -1:00 AM ET/PT.

Night Five - Wednesday, October 23rd
Tag along with the "Pretty Little Liars" (5:30 - 6:30 PM ET/PT) as they search for the truth about Ali, in an encore of the Halloween special, followed by another visit to the supernatural town of "Ravenswood" (6:30 - 7:30 PM ET/PT). Harry prepares for his final epic battle with He Who Must Not Be Named in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows: Part 1" at 7:30 - 11:00 PM ET/PT. The night ends with another teen who discovers her magical powers in "Teen Witch" (12:00 - 2:00 AM ET/PT).

Night Six - Thursday, October 24th
Captain Jack Sparrow leads a quest to find the mystical Fountain of Youth in "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" at 6:00 - 9:00 PM, ET/PT. Join the M.I.B. on the search for aliens in the ABC Family premiere of "Men in Black" (9:00 - 11:00 PM ET/PT). And end your night with Michael J. Fox's hairy high school adventures of "Teen Wolf" (12:00 - 2:00 AM ET/PT).

Night Seven - Friday, October 25th
Try not to be neutralized by the "Men in Black" (7:00 - 9:00 PM ET/PT) on the search for aliens. Then watch out for Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, "Beetlejuice" at 9:00 - 11:00 PM ET/PT. Wrap up with another chance to join Agent J and Agent K of the "Men in Black" (12:00 - 2:00 AM ET/PT).

Night Eight - Saturday, October 26th
It's back to back supernatural high school hijinks starting with "Teen Wolf Too" (7:30 - 9:30 AM ET/PT), followed by "Teen Wolf" (9:30 - 11:30 AM ET/PT), "Teen Witch" (11:30 AM - 1:30 PM ET/PT), and "The Goonies" (1:30 - 3:30 PM ET/PT). Then it's another chance to partake in the wacky shenanigans of "Beetlejuice" (4:00 - 6:00 PM ET/PT), and spend some more time with the kookiest, ookiest family on the block in "The Addams Family" (6:00 - 8:00 PM ET/PT) and "Addams Family Values" (8:00 - 10:00 PM ET/PT). It becomes a witchy late night starting with the Sanderson sisters in "Hocus Pocus" (10:00 PM- 12:00 AM ET/PT), followed by four teenage witches in "The Craft" (12:00 - 2:00 AM ET/PT).

Night Nine - Sunday, October 27th
That Grinch doesn't like any holiday in the ABC Family premiere of "Dr. Seuss' Halloween is Grinch Night" at 7:00 -7:30 AM ET/PT. Join Gutsy Smurf on a trip to spooky Smurfy Hollow in the ABC Family premiere of "The Smurfs: The Legend of Smurfy Hollow" (7:30 - 8:00 AM ET/PT). Then grab the Scooby snacks for back to back airings of "Scooby Doo" (8:00 - 10:00 AM ET/PT) and "Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed" (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM ET/PT). Trick-or-Treat at "Monster House" (12:00 - 2:00 PM ET/PT) if you dare, then visit with the most charming and magical "Matilda" (2:00 - 4:00 PM ET/PT). Spend some more time with the kookiest, ookiest family on the block in "The Addams Family" (4:00 - 6:00 PM ET/PT) and "Addams Family Values" (6:00 - 8:00 PM ET/PT). Don't drink these witches' brew as the Sanderson sisters wreak havoc in "Hocus Pocus" (8:00- 10:00 PM ET/PT)! Then it's another chance to uncover the mysteries in Rosewood in the "Pretty Little Liars" (10:00 - 11:00 PM ET/PT) Halloween special and the premiere episode of "Ravenswood" (11:00 PM - 12:00 AM ET/PT).

Night Ten - Monday, October 28th
It's back to the scariest house on the block, "Monster House" (5:30 - 7:30 PM ET/PT), followed by the creepiest wedding you've ever seen in "Tim Burton's Corpse Bride" (7:30 - 9:25 PM ET/PT). Then join Jack Skellington in Halloweentown in "Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas" (9:25 - 11:00 PM ET/PT). And finally, revisit "Coraline" (12:00 - 2:00 AM ET/PT), a little girl who discovers the world she thought she wanted is more sinister than she thought.

Night Eleven - Tuesday, October 29th
The night kicks off with a bonus airing of the special Halloween episode of "Pretty Little Liars" (6:00 - 7:00 PM ET/PT) and the "Ravenswood" (7:00 - 8:00 PM ET/PT) premiere episode that introduces the unexplained phenomena of this creepy town. "Ravenswood" (8:00 - 9:00 PM ET/PT) makes its time period debut with a new episode that finds Caleb trying to explain the supernatural happenings he's witnessed. Close out your night with the scares and thrills of "I Know What You Did Last Summer" (9:00 - 11:00 PM ET/PT), then be kept up at night by back to back airings of the first two episodes of chilling series "Ravenswood" (12:00 - 2:00 AM ET/PT).

Night Twelve - Wednesday, October 30th
A day of truly spine-tingling frights starts with Mikey, Chunk and the rest of "The Goonies" (11:00 AM - 1:30 PM ET/PT) where Goonies never say die! Make a deal with the devil in "Death Becomes Her" (1:30 - 3:30 PM ET/PT). Watch the witchy teens of "The Craft" (3:30 - 5:30 PM ET/PT), then the terrorized teens of "I Know What You Did Last Summer" (5:30 - 7:30 PM ET/PT), and stay for the supernatural teens of "Twilight" (7:30 - 10:00 PM ET/PT). And if you haven't gotten enough terrorizing teen moments, stick around for an encore of the second episode of "Ravenswood" at 10:00 - 11:00 PM ET/PT. Your evening of thrills ends with an encore of "Death Becomes Her" (12:00 - 2:00 AM ET/PT).

Night Thirteen - Thursday, October 31st
All Hallows Eve is upon us and promises to bring with it a treat bag full of fun, starting with back to back doses of the mutant crime fighters "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (11:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET/PT), and "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze" (1:00 - 3:00 PM ET/PT). Stay tuned for those meddling kids of "Scooby Doo" (3:00 - 5:00 PM ET/PT) and "Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed" (5:00 - 7:00 PM ET/PT) and watch the Scooby gang defeat evil doers' dastardly plans. It's your last chance to hang out with Gomez, Morticia and their kooky crew in "The Addams Family" (7:00 - 9:00 PM ET/PT) and learn some "Addams Family Values" (9:00 -11:00 PM ET/PT) of the frightening kind! The Halloween evening wraps up it's spooktacularness with the ABC Family premiere of "The Others" (12:00 - 2:00 AM ET/PT), where Nicole Kidman fears she is living with ghosts, and not the friendly kind.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan : 09-16-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious

This schedule is a definite improvement. It's good to see Gilmore Girls staying and of course The Middle coming. Plus afternoons are better with Boy Meets World moving there and 8 Simple Rules returning, and removing an hour of infomercials at night. I might have put The Middle from 4-6PM and Reba at 6:00 so The Middle doesn't get preempted as much.
MARTIN: As usual Martin has to hear about it.
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

FEELING GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours of Fresh prince and a beautiful time............KABOOM
Old 07-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #4
DSfan

A few comments to make:

-In general, kind of confused by ABC Family's airing/non-airing of Full House. They started airing it in like 2003, and it aired around noon for many years, before being relegated a couple years ago to one airing a day at 9am. That slot normally means a show is on the way out for them. Step by Step last aired there for 1 episode at 9am as did Grounded for Life and even What I Like About You. Then it totally goes off the schedule. Then out of nowhere comes back for 2hrs per day. Now it's gone again. Kind of a good thing, actually, since Nick at Nite already airs the show way too much (they also originally aired it in like 2004....what's with the re-obsession with Full House??)

-Kind of confused by Boy Meets World going to 2-4PM. It's been a staple of their morning lineup the last few years and MTV2 currently airs the show also from 2-4PM. Very strange lineup change, in my opinion. Also, That '70s Show is much more of an "afternoon" show. Not that BMW is not an "Afternoon" show, but clearly it's had good viewership in the mornings and older sitcoms tend to do better in early morning slots. It just seems weird to be relegating a popular show like That '70s Show to 730-930AM. I would even think Reba as the morning show would do better.

-Nice to see 8 Simple Rules back.

-I assume 10 Things I Hate About You will soon be replaced with another episode of That '70's Show.

-This will probably be answered soon enough, but BET got the rights to Fresh Prince. I wonder if ABC Family will soon have to stop airing it? I suspect FP is done at TBS come September. Does anyone know if it's exclusive to BET or what the timeslot restrictions are for ABC Family/TBS?
Old 07-30-2013, 04:25 AM   #5
EmoJoe
Forum Legend
Cool cool cool

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

Boy Meets World hype has been increasing lately because of Girl Meets World, so promoting it to afternoons makes sense.

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com
Old 07-30-2013, 04:58 AM   #6
TKMetal
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSfan
A few comments to make:

-In general, kind of confused by ABC Family's airing/non-airing of Full House. They started airing it in like 2003, and it aired around noon for many years, before being relegated a couple years ago to one airing a day at 9am. That slot normally means a show is on the way out for them. Step by Step last aired there for 1 episode at 9am as did Grounded for Life and even What I Like About You. Then it totally goes off the schedule. Then out of nowhere comes back for 2hrs per day. Now it's gone again. Kind of a good thing, actually, since Nick at Nite already airs the show way too much (they also originally aired it in like 2004....what's with the re-obsession with Full House??)

Supposedly, TBS has snatched up the rights from ABC Family.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
Tubehead

Default shows

how about
the wonder years
hanging with Mr. cooper
family matters
step by step
happy days
whose the boss?
Old 07-30-2013, 11:00 PM   #8
ryan423

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMetal
Supposedly, TBS has snatched up the rights from ABC Family.

Jeff Franklin said so on Twitter. I assumed he made a mistake and meant ABC Family, but it appears he was correct. FULL HOUSE will return to TBS after a decade. I assume in place of THE FRESH PRINCE which they're losing soon to BET.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #9
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan423
Jeff Franklin said so on Twitter. I assumed he made a mistake and meant ABC Family, but it appears he was correct. FULL HOUSE will return to TBS after a decade. I assume in place of THE FRESH PRINCE which they're losing soon to BET.

I can see Fresh Prince on BET
Old 08-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #10
DSfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan423

WOW. I just looked up that tweet and you're right. Agree that it'll probably air in the mornings in place of Fresh Prince. Strange though, I really thought TBS was heading towards more current sitcoms. Fresh Prince was really the only older one being aired.

Maybe other older sitcoms will also be heading to TBS this fall...
Old 08-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #11
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
WOW. I just looked up that tweet and you're right. Agree that it'll probably air in the mornings in place of Fresh Prince. Strange though, I really thought TBS was heading towards more current sitcoms. Fresh Prince was really the only older one being aired.

Can even imagine what those shows will be
Old 08-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #12
retrofan05

Glad to see Boy Meets World in afternoons. I would love to see them re-acquire some other 90s sitcoms such as Sister, Sister and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. Both would go great with Boy Meets World.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:34 AM   #13
cherryade
Frequent Poster

I bet TBS has picked up Full House based on its fantastic Nick at Nite ratings. It's regularly the 5th or 6th highest-rated cable sitcom rerun after The Big Bang Theory, Family Guy, American Dad, Friends and sometimes George Lopez.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #14
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious

Quote:

Technically Seinfeld is older, it aired the same time as Full House and Fresh Prince. Seinfeld never lost its popularity though like a lot of the 90s shows.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #15
DSfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule
Technically Seinfeld is older, it aired the same time as Full House and Fresh Prince. Seinfeld never lost its popularity though like a lot of the 90s shows.

Full House started in 1987 and ended in 1995 but Seinfeld started in 1989 and went to 1998; why is Seinfeld older?