Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Hannah Montana links and theme song at Sitcoms Online / Hannah Montana Photo Gallery

Hannah Montana - The Complete First Season

Buy Hannah Montana - The Complete First Season on DVD
Hannah Montana - Livin' the Rock Star Life (Volume 1)

Buy Hannah Montana - Livin' the Rock Star Life (Volume 1) on DVD
Hannah Montana - Pop Star Profile (Volume 2)

Buy Hannah Montana - Pop Star Profile (Volume 2) on DVD
Hannah Montana - Life's What You Make It (Volume 3)

Buy Hannah Montana - Life's What You Make It (Volume 3) on DVD
Hannah Montana - One in a Million (Volume 4)

Buy Hannah Montana - One in a Million (Volume 4) on DVD
Hannah Montana - Keeping It Real (Volume 5)

Buy Hannah Montana - Keeping It Real (Volume 5) on DVD
Hannah Montana - Miley Says Goodbye (Volume 6)

Buy Hannah Montana - Miley Says Goodbye (Volume 6) on DVD
Hannah Montana - Who Is Hannah Montana (Volume 7)

Buy Hannah Montana - Who Is Hannah Montana (Volume 7) on DVD
Hannah Montana Forever - The Complete Fourth and Final Season

Buy Hannah Montana Forever - The Complete Fourth and Final Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2000s Sitcoms > Hannah Montana
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrate Halloween with The Simpsons on FXX; Sister Network FX Brings Back Comedy for 3rd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #16
Summer Reign
Frequent Poster

In my humble opinion, if Miley Cyrus wants to be seen as an adult, then she needs to grow up and start acting like one.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:35 AM   #17
TMC
Forum Veteran

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniaj...b_3899708.html

Quote:
Miley Cyrus. Those two words by themselves have a multitude of connotations to them. Miley Cyrus can bring many things to your mind; Hannah Montana, another Disney kid gone wild, twerking (or bad twerking I should say), and many other (not necessarily good) things. So where exactly did Miley Cyrus go wrong? After reading the Brand.com reviews, I think I have a better take on what happened.

Brand.com reviews someone's online presence and uses special online reputation management technology to help control the search engine results page. They help you maintain a good reputation online. And I believe that if Miley had some kind of influence in her life to help her re-brand herself, then she wouldn't be in the place she is now. It's kind of the same tragic tale: A young, innocent girl rises to stardom through Disney Channel, and as soon as that phase is over, she desperately wants people to view her as a mature adult. So what does she do? She wears less clothing, she sings more provocative songs and takes on more sexy acting roles.

Honestly, there isn't anything wrong with wanting to mature in your career -- that's natural. Where Miley went wrong, is that she went from one extreme to another. That's a common problem with Disney -- they try so hard to keep the image of their stars squeaky clean, and then when they leave Disney they are so branded that the only thing people can view them as is whatever role they were on Disney. In Miley's case, she will forever be Hannah Montana, no matter how much hip-thrusting, foam-fingering or twerking she does.

When Miley first tried to re-brand herself with "Can't Be Tamed" no one bought it. It was trying entirely too hard. So after a few years off, she came back, she cut her hair, and she lost all judgment. At first, I wasn't too worried about Miley's comeback, I thought the haircut was good for her, and thought maybe she was going to try a more mature approach at "growing up." But no, I was wrong. I think where Miley went wrong was she became too desperate. That became blatantly obvious during her performance at the VMAs.

First off, she came out with a hairstyle that can only be comparable to Cynthia, Angelica Pickle from the Rugrat's favorite doll. Wardrobe wise, she wore a teddy bear themed leotard with apparent plastic undergarments underneath. Which, for those of you who have seen the flood of vines, Instagram posts and memes know... did not flatter her body at all. We won't go into any more detail than that.

As for her performance, words cannot describe it besides: train wreck. She came out doing strange gestures with her tongue, hip-thrusting and her version of twerking (her incorrect version I might add). She was so busy shaking her hips in the crowd's faces and putting her face in women's butts that she barely sang her song "We Can't Stop." Isn't the whole point of a performance at a music awards show to sing? It was just a pitchy, tone-deaf mess. Not to mention her completely upstaging Robin Thicke when he came out to perform his song "Blurred Lines." Grinding on a married man, Miley? I understand you want to be seen as a mature adult but that isn't how you do it. Her performance, in my opinion, actually made her look more like a child. A true mature adult doesn't have to prove that they are one, they just are. They act and behave like a mature adult. And rubbing a foam finger on your private parts in front of millions of people and on live television when you are an engaged woman is not behaving like an adult. Miley wants to be a role model to young girls but if this is how she wants young girls to behave then I feel sorry for any girl gullible enough to believe that that is how a woman with dignity acts.

It goes without saying that if people didn't question Miley Cyrus before, they are now. It seems that wherever Miley goes, controversy will follow. Even I am fully convinced now that whatever comeback she is trying to make happen will only be short-lived. Just recently she tweeted about calling a paparazzo a "c**t" and even laughed about it. And let's not forget to mention her new video for "Wrecking Ball." The video starts out at just a close-up on Miley. For a minute, you believe this is going to be a nice, emotional, heart-wrenching video. But no. Only a few seconds later we see Miley riding on a wrecking ball completely naked. Not only was it highly inappropriate, but it took away the meaning from what really could have been a great video. That is what I mean by being an adult shouldn't have to be a conscious effort. The song already had more mature concepts and meaning, but she just had to throw in sexual content because that's just what adults do, right?

In this new musical era where social media status is key to your career, how you portray yourself on the Internet is your entire brand. Maybe Miley could use some help from Brand.com. Reviews don't lie, and right now her reputation is going down the drain. I truly hope that Miley will come out of that little bubble of false confidence soon and realize that she is going down a path that she won't be able to throw a blonde wig on to get herself off of.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #18
TMC
Forum Veteran

Default Sex Still Sells: Miley Cyrus' 'Bangerz' Debuts at No. 1

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywo...rs-tops-charts

Quote:
Mission accomplished for Miley Cyrus, who admits to the press she'll do whatever it takes to hawk her records. Her new album, "Bangerz," debuted at no. 1 this week.

Charlotte Church Cautions Miley Cyrus on Flashing Skin for Record Sales

Quote:
Former teen star Charlotte Church is speaking out against the sexualization of female pop stars, citing her own negative experiences being pressured to grow up too fast.

Miley Cyrus Backup Dancer Felt 'Less Than Human' During VMA Performance

Quote:
Hollis Jane was a bear in Miley Cyrus's MTV Video Music Awards performance and for the first time she is speaking out on the performance in her personal blog. She is frustrated how little people are used as "shock value" in Hollywood and not treated with respect.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #19
cleverfun3000

Miley Cyrus' newest album went platinum in the 1st week. Her public relations committee knows
what it's doing. You cant argue with success. This all was well thought out and planned from the
very beginning to coincide with the release of the album. Mission accomplished and they are STILL
talking about her performance and writing about her performance the world over.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #20
TMC
Forum Veteran

Default 6 Shameless Celebrities On Santa’s Naughty List For 2013

http://whatculture.com/offbeat/6-sha...ist-2013.php/6

Quote:
She’s relentlessly twerked and tongued her way into the bad books this year. In fact, Miley Cyrus doesn’t even get the naughty list. She’s on Santa’s calm-the-hell-down-and-stop-being-so-damn-annoying list. Who could forget her MTV Video Music Award performance this year: you know, the one that practically broke the Internet? Rubbing her intimates with a huge foam finger, twerking onto the crotch of Robin Thicke, who appeared to be dressed as a creepy Beetlejuice, and THAT WAGGING TONGUE. JUST, STOP IT WITH THE TONGUE.

The Wrecking Ball pop starlet celebrated winning awards by lighting joints at the podium this year and wept on construction equipment completely naked in her music videos. She’s completely embracing Christmas this year in the unsurprising Miley fashion: posing in Love magazine’s festive promo vid wearing a bodysuit… with a penis drawn on the crotch. Of course, right? No tacky jumpers, tinsel necklaces or paper hats: we all flash our bits at this time of the year.

The TONGUE was out again in a video still on Instagram: straddling an edited-in cartoon reindeer. Santa will love that, and if he hasn’t been watching this irritating popstar, I’m writing to him myself to make sure she gets nothing but a brisk walk and a good talking to.

Read more at http://whatculture.com/offbeat/6-sha...pWWHORIlyjQ.99
Old 12-06-2013, 07:16 AM   #21
Yong Fang

She is famous not for her talent, but because she is the daughter of famous singer. If Billy Ray Cyrus was a nobody, she would be a nobody too. She would be working as a waitress at a Waffle Hut or stripping in some smoky club in Hogjawl Arkansas.

Does Billy Ray have another song besides Achy Breaky Heart?
Her singing is not bad, but her routine shows that she has a limited talent at best. Hate to rag, but that is my feeling about her. She to me is not even that attractive. Her hair now is hideous. Tired of her stupid tongue too.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #22
TMC
Forum Veteran

Default MTV names Miley Cyrus Artist of the Year

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1543181

Her VMA performance was tops on the MTV website this year.
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/tv-tattle#cvueIuVwWFc7TUop.99
Old 12-13-2013, 01:58 AM   #23
TMC
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yong Fang
She is famous not for her talent, but because she is the daughter of famous singer. If Billy Ray Cyrus was a nobody, she would be a nobody too. She would be working as a waitress at a Waffle Hut or stripping in some smoky club in Hogjawl Arkansas.

Does Billy Ray have another song besides Achy Breaky Heart?
Her singing is not bad, but her routine shows that she has a limited talent at best. Hate to rag, but that is my feeling about her. She to me is not even that attractive. Her hair now is hideous. Tired of her stupid tongue too.

One Hit Wonderland - Achy Breaky Heart
Old 12-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #24
TMC
Forum Veteran

Default Best & Worst 2013: Hollywood’s Boldest Moves of the Year

http://www.thewrap.com/best-worst-20...ves-hollywood/

Quote:
Miley Cyrus effectively kills “Hannah Montana” image by stripping down and twerking up a storm of controversy:

The 20-year-old singer (now 21) set out to destroy her connection to Disney character Hannah Montana by showcasing her wild side before the release of her latest album, “Bangerz.” She did just that when she ripped off her clothing and paraded around the MTV VMA stage in a skin-colored bikini, all while backing her butt all over a married man and sexually harassing the audience with her tongue.

Was the move necessary for success, and recognition from the public that she’s not a cute, little girl anymore? No, probably not. But it certainly was a bold way to re-introduce herself to the world, and has paid off. Not only has the media been talking about her every move since — priceless free publicity for a young pop star — but “Bangerz” debuted number one on the Billboard 200 chart after selling 270,000 copies in its first week. Her 2010 release, “Can’t Be Tamed,” peaked at No. 3 on the same chart after selling 102,000 copies the first week. Need more proof? Her singles “Wrecking Ball” and “We Can’t Stop” were the second and third top-trending music videos of the year, respectively, on YouTube. -- Greg Gilman
Old 12-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #25
JMFabiano524
Forum Regular

I guess people are still looking for a savior in the recording studio. Personally, after LeAnn Rimes cheated, I knew there was none to be found. Whenever there seems to be someone "clean" and talented, they end up down the path to the circus that everyone else does.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #26
mets82

The thing is that Miley doesn't need to do any of this. No tweaking, sticking out her tongue etc. when she was Hannah Montana. Don't worry she'll crash and burn just like everyone else does.

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:13 AM   #27
TMC
Forum Veteran

Default Miley Cyrus: I'm Not a 'Sex Freak,' It's Just a Character I Play

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywo...st-a-character

Quote:
Miley Cyrus may be having second thoughts about her twerk-heavy reign as 2013's sexual It Girl.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:35 AM   #28
JMFabiano524
Forum Regular

Ah yes, the "it's all a character" card. The last refuge of a scoundrel. See also: Hilton, Paris; Simpson, Jessica, in her reality days.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:35 PM   #29
TMC
Forum Veteran

Default 8 Embarrassing Adult Re-Inventions From Famous Musicians

http://whatculture.com/music/8-embar...usicians.php/2

Quote:
Destiny Hope Cyrus was a Disney dream back when she was first cast as Hannah Montana. The daughter of country legend Billy Ray Cyrus (I have Achy Breaky Heart on my iPod and I am not ashamed of it), she could sing and act, and won a slew of awards and nominations for her double role of Miley Stewart and Hannah Montana. She was able to build a musical career under the name Miley Cyrus and became an icon for tweenage girls everywhere.

And then….

You may not have heard, but Miley Cyrus caused a bit of a stir with her performance at the VMAs in August 2013. Gyrating around the stage in flesh-coloured underwear and grinding against an obviously very happy Robin Thicke, she couldn’t have been more at odds with her Hannah Montana, good country girl image. Tongue lolling from her mouth, she skipped happily about performing obscene gestures with a foam hand and singing really rather badly. But do you know what? Miley Cyrus achieved exactly what she set out to do that night: get tongues wagging (apart from her own). And then she released Wrecking Ball, which is actually a brilliant song, and proved that she does actually have the song-writing talent to hold her own in the music business, even aside from the new image.

However… Cast your mind back to 2010, when Miley first tried to cast aside her TV persona. Not many people seem to remember but she has been trying really hard to disassociate herself from Hannah Montana in favour of a sexier adult version for the last four years, and she started by releasing the song Can’t Be Tamed, Miley’s declaration of adulthood with a video featuring oh-so-subtle imagery of her in a cage and with empowering lyrics about going through guys like money and how if you hold her back she might explode.

In fairness to her, it must be hard when the public has a pre-conceived image of you that is nothing like what you really are, but there are better ways to express yourself than by claiming “Have to get my way, yep/Twenty-four hours a day/Cos I’m hot like that.”

Hannah Montana seems so long ago, doesn’t it?

Read more at http://whatculture.com/music/8-embar...srl40X0uQSa.99
Old 05-07-2014, 07:12 PM   #30
TMC
Forum Veteran

Oh No Miley Cyrus Tells Her Audience To Smoke Weed Instead Of Cigarettes

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/3...Cigarettes.htm

Quote:
Because weed won't kill you...