Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Hannah Montana links and theme song at Sitcoms Online / Hannah Montana Photo Gallery

Hannah Montana - The Complete First Season

Buy Hannah Montana - The Complete First Season on DVD
Hannah Montana - Livin' the Rock Star Life (Volume 1)

Buy Hannah Montana - Livin' the Rock Star Life (Volume 1) on DVD
Hannah Montana - Pop Star Profile (Volume 2)

Buy Hannah Montana - Pop Star Profile (Volume 2) on DVD
Hannah Montana - Life's What You Make It (Volume 3)

Buy Hannah Montana - Life's What You Make It (Volume 3) on DVD
Hannah Montana - One in a Million (Volume 4)

Buy Hannah Montana - One in a Million (Volume 4) on DVD
Hannah Montana - Keeping It Real (Volume 5)

Buy Hannah Montana - Keeping It Real (Volume 5) on DVD
Hannah Montana - Miley Says Goodbye (Volume 6)

Buy Hannah Montana - Miley Says Goodbye (Volume 6) on DVD
Hannah Montana - Who Is Hannah Montana (Volume 7)

Buy Hannah Montana - Who Is Hannah Montana (Volume 7) on DVD
Hannah Montana Forever - The Complete Fourth and Final Season

Buy Hannah Montana Forever - The Complete Fourth and Final Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2000s Sitcoms > Hannah Montana
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
TMC
Forum Veteran

Default Why do people act like Miley Cyrus is still a kid?

http://officialfan.proboards.com/thr...y-cyrus?page=1

Quote:
So why do people keep saying stuff like "oh, she shouldn't be doing this." "Oh, this video is paedo fodder".
Old 07-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

^ What he said.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 08-27-2013, 01:16 AM   #4
TMC
Forum Veteran

Default In defense of Miley Cyrus

http://flavorwire.com/412010/in-defe...as-performance

Why she isn't a racist for her VMA performance and why she's not headed toward a Britney Spears-style meltdown. PLUS: MTV boss explains Miley's performance.
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/tv-tattle#e2E1uIeZqaO32Hye.99

Last edited by TMC : 08-27-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:29 AM   #5
Wawwie

Horrendous.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
TMC
Forum Veteran

Default Miley Cyrus says her controversial VMAs performance made history

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/171...nterview.jhtml

"Madonna's done it," she says. "Britney's done it. Every VMA performance, that's what you're looking for; you're wanting to make history."
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/tv-tattle#TVgE5E4AeEleDBML.99
Old 09-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
retrofan05

You can't compare Britney to Miley. Britney actually had a routine and great choreography. Miley was just gyrating around randomly and molesting Robin Thicke. I haven't seen Madonna's performance, so I can't comment on that.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #8
JR1
Forum Regular

I like Milely, but she's trying way too hard. That sticking-out-the-tongue thing she's doing just looks silly. In her he post-Hannah life, she's trying to be "rebellious." But there's no real point behind any of it- doing it just to do it, like a lot of female pop acts in the wake of Madonna (who did have a point with what she did in her work, whether it be the music, performances or videos).

Last edited by JR1 : 10-05-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:48 AM   #9
Yong Fang

It might has already been said, but Miley Cyrus wanted to escape the "Hannah Montana" mode.

Her act was wayyyyyyyy over the top. It just was. I wasn't insulted or bothered by it, but I do not have young teen daughters looking at her performance either. I do not have children (I wanted to, but I and my wife never conceived), but especially with a young teen daughter who got her secret monthly handshake, I would have little problems talking about sex, what sex is, what sex can be, and the emotional implications of that.

I would also like to note for the record that Madonna never went that far with her act. But Madonna is the throne that people like Miley, Lady Gaga and Beyounce and others want to reach.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #10
cleverfun3000

I am simply so tired of people acting like sex and the thought of sex as well as the suggestion of sex is sooooooo offensive; sooooo shocking, so contributing to the downfall of society. Sex is OLD. Very very very very OLD. How something that has been around for as long as mankind itself can get so many people in an outraged up-roar is beyond me! Get over it, because you, and your friends, relatives and associates will eventually and surely see something else in the movies on television or in magazines or newspapers that will try to sexually shock you. If you allow it to, that's on you - NOT THEM. You've all seen this crap one thousand times before; done by different individuals that wanted to make a name for themselves. Are you going to get upset and outraged by each and everyone of them each and every time they resort to sexual shock to make tongues wag?? If you do....then for them it's mission accomplished, they get the fame and glory and you wring out your handkerchief crying tears over something that doesn't really matter because it's so so very common.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #11
TMC
Forum Veteran

Default New Poll Shows More People Dislike Miley Cyrus

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/2...iley-Cyrus.htm

Quote:
Not too surprising...

The Huffington Post reports that a new poll shows that more people dislike Miley Cyrus now, especially after her VMA performance, short haircut and engagement to Liam Hemsworth.

Celebrity DBI, an independent index that "quantifies and qualifies" consumer perceptions of 3,082 celebrities (actors, musicians, models, athletes and politicians) measured her impact in appeal, aspiration, breakthrough, endorsement, influence, trend-setter and trust. In December 2010 she was in the top 3% in influence and trend-setter and top 23% for endorsement. As of last month, She is in the bottom 1% for appeal, aspiration, breakthrough, endorsement and trust. She is also in the bottom 20% for influence and trendsetter.

Here are more statistics:

- For men and women over 55 -- only 1 percent report liking her a lot.
- In the 13-17 age group, 35 percent say they dislike her a lot.
- In the 18-24 age group, a whopping 43 percent dislike her a lot.

Among those angered by her behavior include the younger generation who grew up with her as Hannah Montana. Her teen girl audience no longer identifies her or finds her appealing or inspirational. The older demographic no longer considers her a positive role model for the youth of today. In June, over 2,400 parents named Cyrus and Chris Brown as the worst celebrity role models.

In August, Time had an article written by a mother to her daughter, who said: "This is what happens when you constantly hear everything you do is awesome. This is what happens when people fawn over your every Tweet and Instagram photo. This is what happens when no responsible adult has ever said the word 'no,' made you change your clothes before leaving the house, or never spanked your butt for deliberate defiance."

Read more at http://www.411mania.com/music/news/2...CgQk8MgCVE9.99
Old 10-05-2013, 12:57 AM   #12
TMC
Forum Veteran

Default Making Miley Cyrus

http://hellogiggles.com/making-miley-cyrus

Quote:
Miley wants to leave her Disney image behind but is she going about it all wrong?
Old 10-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #13
TMC
Forum Veteran

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity....#entry16046337

Quote:
I think more than anything Miley is a sad little girl who is being used by sleazy adults, to make mega money off of her. I hate to agree with Kathie Lee, but her observation that Larry Rudolph, who was Britney's manager during her meltdown, and is now Miley's manager, was an interesting observation!

I am not saying that Miley is totally without any responsibility for her behavior, but like Lindsey, Justin Beiber, Britney, and many other child stars who are not reaching their "expiration date", and need to transition, they are also the victims of adults using them, and advising them to make the quick buck. All of their parents make money off of their kids, and have no real jobs of their own, and also do nothing to take control of the sleazebags using them when they are underaged.

Britney's mom went clubbing with Britney when she was still and underaged kid, so did Lindsey's. Britney's mom let her be used in a provocative way with the little school girl outfitls and other routines that were IMO exploitive of a kid her age. Lindsey's parents lived off of her and talk about her to the media, and show no loyalty to her privacy.

Beiber's mom, who is supposedly so wonderful, also did nothing to take any control of who he hung out with when he was still underaged, and she lives off of him too.

Miley's dad - the one hit wonder- revived his career off of his kid! I also remember him talking about that provacative photoshoot back when she was a teen. He said he left the photoshoot, came back and low and behold- his daugher was taking barely dressed pics! He said he couldn't stop it! Really??? She was underaged! He also then said she had to "transition".

Of course these parents have no interest in keeping their kids' careers clean and safe, they are living off of them, and the money will run out if their kids do not have a career past their childhood star status.

Now Miley's mom and dad praise her and applaud her degrading, disgusting behavior, that is most likely all set up by the sleazebags in her management and record company to make bucks off of her before she fades away. Same goes for Beiber's mom, and the other sleazy rappers around Miley and Beiber, who are sucking money off of them.

I think no matter how smarta$$ Miley or Justin are, they come across like sad kids who look ridiculous with their tough street acts.

But, I think Miley and the others are a sad representation of what has always happened to child stars. Kids were always used like the "Our Gang" kids and others.

If they do not have protective parents - and even if they do- the entertainment industry takes away their normal childhood, and then gets a confused young adult and makes them believe that they are somehow really edgy and cool, when in fact they are on the way to crash and burn.

I think a good example of a parent who protected her kid, was Justin Timberlake's mom, and it shows.

I am not a prude, but it seems like more and more entertainment is just uncreative, tacky and sleazy, and MIley is being advised that that is the way to go.

When I turn on network sitcoms -which I rearly do since I think most are moronic- the sexual innuedos are flying out every two seconds, while a brain dead "live" audience laughs like crazy.

No longer do writers, singers or anyone in entertainment have to show real talent, and if they do have it, they have to disguise it behind some weirdo image like Lady Gaga, or over sexed imaged - or else they don't get noticed.

Too bad the Today show doesn't give Adelle the kind of press they give Miley, and we don't talk about her performaces for a month after they happen!

Last edited by TMC : 12-04-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #14
mets82

I agree with JR1. Its not that Miley is trying to be sexy and gangster, its the fact she does it every two seconds. Literally every 2 seconds, shes shaking her ass or sticking out her tongue. She's trying wayyy to hard.

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #15
MacLeaper
Child of the 80s

Quote:
"Madonna's done it," she says. "Britney's done it. Every VMA performance, that's what you're looking for; you're wanting to make history."

Though I don't doubt Madonna and Brittney Spears have done such things before, I don't think anyone should try to emulate either one of them. (Sorry to their fans and to Madonna and Brittney. And I will say I even like a [very] few Madonna songs- musically anyway. Lyrically, not really.)
If Miley Cyrus wants to make history- here's a thought. How about make history for doing something good and pure rather than something sexually provocative and revealing and dirty?
To be clear, sex in itself is not a bad thing. It all depends on the context. When in the context of marriage between husband and wife, that's perfectly fine and that's the only context it should be employed in.
I don't care for exhibitionism and promoting sexual promiscuity though.

It's very sad- I remember reading through Miley Cyrus' book once a while back where she made a stance for Christ; it seems she has fallen away from her faith in Jesus at this point, presuming it was truly there to begin with. But rather than rail on Miley, I think the best thing to do is pray for her and her family.
"Ha, I kill me!" - ALF
"I am The Way, The Truth and The Life. No man comes to The Father but by Me."- Jesus Christ (John 14:6)