Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Music
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-25-2014, 11:47 AM   #46
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Mariah Carey's New Album

Mariah Carey To Release All-Digital Surprise Album
4/25/14
by Andrew Hampp, Billboard

It's been a long road to Mariah Carey's 14th album -- a project she first began working on in 2010, before the birth of her nearly three-year-old twins Moroccan and Monroe -- that has been stalled over the years after stiff-performing singles and numerous tweaks to the track listing.

But, as Billboard exclusively reveals in its latest cover story, Carey will be taking a surprise approach to the project by revealing her new album's title, track listing, artwork and music all at once via to-be-announced digital partners (a physical release at retail is expected the following week.)

"I have to be the one that announces this, especially the title," Carey says, noting that the album takes its name from a "personal possession of mine that's part of an entity that I've had almost all my life."

Though Carey doesn't mention other artists in describing her strategy, it's clear she's taking a page out of the Beyonce playbook. It's a particularly direct parallel when you consider that Beyonce herself was coming off an underperforming album (2011's '4') before opting to go the surprise route -- much in the way that Carey's last album, 2009's 'Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel', produced just one top 10 hit ("Obsessed") and sold a disappointing 549,000 copies, low enough to cancel a planned remix album.

Though last summer's Miguel duet "#Beautiful" was a bonafide hit, peaking at No. 15 on the Hot 100 and selling 1.2 million downloads, a string of other singles ("Triumphant," "Almost Home," "Eternal [You're Mine]") have failed to catch fire along the way.

In the Billboard cover story, out Monday, Carey and her new manager Jermaine Dupri talk candidly about the rocky road to the album's launch – from the failed singles to her drama-plagued stint on "American Idol" in 2013 to the shoulder injury that nearly derailed her plans altogether.

("I really downplayed that incident...")

Here's 5 Things We Learned:

She's Assembled a Dream Team of Collaborators

Frequent collaborators Rodney Jerkins and Dupri are back for Album No. 14, but so is a surprisingly diverse roster that ranges from of-the-moment producers like Hit-Boy and Mike Will Made It, guest features from Wale, Nas and Trey Songz and even contributions from veteran arranger Larry Gold and the Love Unlimited Orchestra.

There's also "a special guest star that I'm not allowed to reveal," Carey teases.

She's Aware of the Failed Singles

Carey will cop to a few of the pre-release singles not doing as well as past hits, pausing to note that 2013's Stargate-produced "Almost Home" was intended for the Oz the Great and Powerful soundtrack.

"You would think I would be all about the singles-driven situation, and I am in a way, but with this particular album I want my fans to hear it as a body of work," she says. "This is my life since we last left off. Just picture a dot dot dot, and then here's the album."

The New Album Won't be her Last

Despite recent comments to Bravo's Andy Cohen on "Watch What Happens Live" ("If this were to be my last album, people would hear everything they needed to hear"), Carey is not calling it quits anytime soon.

"I will always make music. When I said it could be my last, that's because tomorrow's not promised to anyone."

Expect Big Ballads and Uptempo Bangers

After immersing herself in her own catalog ("a friend of mine made me a playlist with 1,000 of my songs on it called 'The Ultimate MC Audio Collection,'" she says), Carey explored her feel-good, hip-hop/R&B side as well as her more introspective moments that could give her fans the best of all worlds.

She May Soon Return to Television

Her rocky stint with Nicki Minaj on "American Idol" last year notwithstanding, Carey says she'd like her next reality-competition venture to be something where she was executive producer.

"I have another project that I'm so very excited about that's finally coming to fruition."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...digital-698879
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #47
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Mariah Carey's New Album Set for 5/27/14

Mariah Carey Reveals New Album Title, Tracklist, Release Date -- VIDEO
by Ariana Bacle
May 1, 2014

The artwork and track listing for Mariah Carey’s upcoming album is out — along with a May 27 album release date.

Carey recently told Billboard she was planning on taking a cue from Beyoncé by dropping a sort-of-surprise album. This album, titled 'Me. I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse' isn’t really a surprise like Beyoncé‘s self-titled release because, well, she announced it.

But Carey did try to hype up her listeners late Wednesday with a video, which gives some insight into the new album and features what the singer calls the only self-portrait she’s ever drawn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mSezvKLxVM#t=15

Pre-Order Now on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/me...ve/id872263306

http://music-mix.ew.com/2014/05/01/m...ive-chanteuse/
Old 05-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #48
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Jennifer Lopez' New Album Set for 6/17/14

Jennifer Lopez Reveals Album Title, Cover Art
5/5/14
by Billboard Staff

Jennifer Lopez' new album will be called 'A.K.A.', and it comes with some seriously steamy artwork. JLo shared her eighth studio album's title and its revealing artwork overnight to her 27.4 million Twitter followers.

The 'A.K.A.' cover art should get pulses racing with its image of JLo in a red vinyl skirt and barely there top. Her tweet also carries the simple message: "coming soon."

The album is expected to be released on June 17.

JLo recently previewed six songs at an intimate brunch in Malibu. "If you listen to my albums, they were always about love. I've always sung about love. It was always love in a certain way, a fairy-tale type of way. I was hoping, praying and wishing for that," JLo told guests.

One of those songs is the second single, 'First Love', which the pop star discusses in a podcast with Billboard. She began recording 'A.K.A.' in February 2013, after finishing her first world tour and divorcing singer-songwriter, Marc Anthony.

The likes of Max Martin and Diplo lend their production skills to the set, while Robin Thicke, Big Sean and Wiz Khalifa are among the big-name collaborators.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ear...e-cover-701160
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2014, 05:15 PM   #49
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Billy Idol's New Album Set for Oct. 2014

Billy Idol to Release First New Album in Nearly a Decade
6/17/14
by Mitchell Peters, Billboard

Punk rock veteran Billy Idol will release his first new album of original material in October through his own BFI Records via Kobalt Label Services.

Produced by Trevor Horn, the as-yet untitled album will be released around the same time as Dancing With Myself, Idol’s self-penned autobiographical memoir, which is set for publication on Oct. 7 through Simon & Schuster’s Touchstone imprint.

The forthcoming release will be Idol’s first album since 'Happy Holidays' in 2006, and his first of original material since 'Devil's Playground' in 2005. New music is expected to be released later this summer.

'Devil's Playground' reached No. 46 on the Billboard 200 chart and spawned the No. 26 Mainstream Rock Songs hit 'Scream'.

The effort is one of 10 albums for the rocker to chart, and his history includes three top 10 sets: 'Rebel Yell' (No. 6), 'Whiplash Smile' (No. 6) and 'Vital Idol' (No. 10).

During his lengthy career, Idol has earned 16 top 40 hit singles on either the Billboard Hot 100 or the Mainstream Rock Songs charts.

Of those, nine reached the top 10, including his cover of 'Mony Mony' (No. 1 on the Hot 100; No. 27 on Rock), 'Cradle of Love' (No. 1 Rock; No. 2 Hot 100), 'To Be a Lover' (No. 2 Rock, No. 6 Hot 100), 'White Wedding' (No. 4 Rock; No. 36 Hot 100), 'Rebel Yell' (No. 9 Rock) and 'Eyes Without a Face' (No. 4 Hot 100, No. 5 Rock).

His first Billboard chart hit came with one of his most iconic tracks, 'Dancing With Myself'. The tune, first released with his former band Generation X, reached No. 27 in 1981 on the Dance Club Songs chart.

Idol is currently touring through Europe and will continue playing live into 2015.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...rst-new-712407
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2014, 02:05 PM   #50
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Pink Floyd To Release First New Album in 20 Years

Pink Floyd To Release First New Album in 20 Years
by MIRIAM COLEMAN
July 6, 2014

Pink Floyd is about to return with their first album in 20 years.

Polly Samson, the wife of singer-guitarist David Gilmour, surprised fans on Saturday when she casually announced over Twitter that the band has a new record in the works and it's coming out this fall.

"Btw Pink Floyd album out in October is called 'The Endless River,'" Samson wrote. "Based on 1994 sessions is Rick Wright's swansong and very beautiful." (Keyboardist and founding member Wright died of cancer in 2008 at the age of 65.)

A representative for Gilmour confirmed the release of the album to Rolling Stone.

The band had just celebrated the 20th anniversary of 1994's 'The Division Bell' with an extravagant reissue of the album on July 1st. The new material appears to be connected to unreleased recordings made during the 'Division Bell' sessions.

Durga McBroom-Hudson, a singer who toured with Pink Floyd in the 1980s and 1990s and is apparently involved in the new project, offered more details on 'The Endless River' through her Facebook page.

"The recording did start during The Division Bell sessions (and yes, it was the side project originally titled 'The Big Spliff' that Nick Mason spoke about)," she explained.

"Which is why there are Richard Wright tracks on it. But David and Nick have gone in and done a lot more since then. It was originally to be a completely instrumental recording, but I came in last December and sang on a few tracks. David then expanded on my backing vocals and has done a lead on at least one of them. That's the song you see being worked on in the photo."

She went on to emphasize that the new album will consist entirely of unreleased songs.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-fall-20140706
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2014, 01:48 PM   #51
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Tony Bennett/Lady Gaga Album 'Cheek to Cheek' Set for Sept. 23rd

Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett Announce their Album Release
by Ariana Bacle
July 29, 2014

Usually it’s Lady Gaga’s modernist tendencies that grab headlines, but the pop singer is back in the news today thanks to a studio recording of 'Anything Goes' with Grammy-winning jazz singer Tony Bennett.

The duo covered the song, written by Cole Porter for the musical of the same name in 1934, for their upcoming jazz album 'Cheek to Cheek'.

Bennett first performed the song for his 1959 album 'Strike Up the Band', and he has also performed with Lady Gaga before: The duo recorded 'The Lady Is a Tramp' together in 2011.

Bennett and Gaga appeared on "Today" together Tuesday morning to announce the album is officially coming out September 23.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg1meK-IgOM

http://music-mix.ew.com/2014/07/29/l...anything-goes/
Old 08-18-2014, 10:38 PM   #52
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Taylor Swift Releases New Single 'Shake It Off', Announces New Album '1989'

Taylor Swift Drops 'Shake It Off' Single, Announces Album
8/18/14
by Ashley Lee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

Taylor Swift is back with new single "Shake It Off," which is quite appropriately titled in light of both its super upbeat tempo and cool, untouchable chorus.

After dropping multiple hints via social media over the past two weeks, the singer gathered fans for a Yahoo/ABC worldwide event on Monday, streaming live from New York City.

"To be honest with you, it's kind of scary up here," she first said from atop the Empire State Building. Once inside a lounge, she revealed the first of three surprises. "I have a new song I'm going to play you in 30 seconds. The idea [behind the song is] that I've had to learn a pretty tough lesson in the last couple of years: People can say what they want about us, at any time ... and we cannot control that. The only thing we can control is our reaction to it. I figure we have two options: We can let it change you ... option two is you just shake it off."

While dancing with the crowd, she then debuted "Shake It Off," complete with a line that talks back — literally, it's a close cousin to rapping at one point — to haters about her endless train of music awards and romantic prospects.

It's a track that sees Swift pairing up again with pop music masters Max Martin and Shellback ("I Knew You Were Trouble," "We Are Never, Ever, Ever Getting Back Together") and has The Hollywood Reporter's music editor Shirley Halperin describing it as "her pop-tastic, up-tempo version of Frozen's 'Let It Go.'"

The Big Machine Records artist also noted that her fifth studio album is on the way, after two years in the works.

"I like to work on albums for two years because two years gives you enough time to grow and change," she said. "I woke up every single day that I was recording this record not wanting, but needing to make a new style of music that I had never made before."

What resulted was an album of rebirth, she said, "the most sonically cohesive album I've ever made," and, after listening to a lot of late '80s pop, one laced with "bright colors, bold chances, rebellion — the idea of that was so inspiring to me."

She revealed that her fifth studio album, and her first official pop album, is called '1989', after her birth year, and will hit shelves Oct. 27. It is currently available for preorder.

Additionally, the 1989 SwiftStakes — "See, it's like sweepstakes but we made it annoying!" — will give away 1,000 tickets and 500 meet-and-greets to lucky fans.

She then unveiled the fan-filled music video for "Shake It Off" which was taped two months ago. "You can tell a lot about a person by how they dance," said Swift of the video.

The singer made the livestream announcement just after the opening weekend of The Giver, in which she briefly appears as the titular character's (Jeff Bridges) former protege Rosemary.

She will take the Forum stage on Sunday during MTV's Video Music Awards, and will also perform at iHeartRadio's annual fest at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena on Sept. 19-20.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ear...-single-726049
Old 09-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #53
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Nicki Minaj's New Album Set for Nov. 24th

Nicki Minaj Announces Release Date for Next Album 'The Pinkprint'
by Ariana Bacle
Sep 10, 2014

Nicki Minaj announced Tuesday that her new album, 'The Pinkprint', is coming out Nov. 24.

Jay had his Blueprint albums and that’s what I feel like this album’s gonna be,” Minaj told BBC Radio 1Xtra’s DJ Semtex. “I really feel like this album will be like a Blueprint for female rappers to come, so that alone should tell you how confident I am about the music.

The album includes already-released singles “Pills n Potions” and “Anaconda.”

http://music-mix.ew.com/2014/09/10/n...ease-november/
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2014, 02:03 PM   #54
irehtman

Nickelback's "No Fixed Address" album release:

November 4th or November 18th?
Old 11-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #55
irehtman

OK, Nickelback's 8th new album "No Fixed Address" is coming this Tuesday, November 18, 2014.

I wonder if Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger can record a solo album anytime?

If so, then will his solo album be all heavy metal, country or both combined?
Old 11-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #56
JO Sweet Heart

This is the new song named "Somewhere Tonight" from my most favorite singer James Otto. Its been getting played on that satellite station named The Highway since October 20th, but I believe that all of the other country stations are to have it by next Monday! May this be the song that takes James right back to the #1 spot!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpGWSENeTx8

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
Old 11-18-2014, 05:41 PM   #57
irehtman

I'm looking forward to buy Nickelback's "No Fixed Address" CD tomorrow, but I understand this album got mixed reviews, is that true or not?
Old 01-13-2015, 06:55 PM   #58
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Marilyn Manson's New Album 1/20/15

Marilyn Manson's Eerie New LP 'The Pale Emperor' Now Streaming
by Ryan Reed
January 12, 2015

Marilyn Manson's ninth LP, 'The Pale Emperor', is out January 20th, but fans can absorb its bluesy guitar riffs, swampy synths and menacing yelps one week early. The 10-track album is available to stream at Genius, accompanied by the singer's typically mordant lyrics.

Manson created 'The Pale Emperor' in collaboration with Tyler Bates, a musician best known for his soundtrack work for films like Guardians of the Galaxy and TV series including "Californication", where the two met, when Manson was making an on-screen cameo.

The duo's creative chemistry is evident throughout the eclectic album, which sprawls from moody synth drones ('Warship My Wreck') to industrial-rock bombast ('Slave Only Dreams to Be King') to radio-friendly blues-metal ('The Mephistopheles of Los Angeles', which features a galloping, glam-rock beat).

One eerie highlight is the textured 'Cupid Carries a Gun', which serves as the opening credits to the WGN fantasy show "Salem".

'The Pale Emperor' is Manson's first album since 2012's 'Born Villain'. Following that release, the rock iconoclast spent some of his time off the road on acting – including a recent appearance as white supremacist Ron Tully on "Sons of Anarchy" and voice-acting spot as Shadow on the ABC series "Once Upon a Time".

In a recent, highly intimate interview with Rolling Stone, Manson revealed that multiple 'The Pale Emperor' tunes were recorded in a single take. "It's dirty," he said in description of the music, "like the dirt under my nails, like someone who has dug a grave."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...peror-20150112
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2015, 12:48 AM   #59
Edward216

I'm looking forward to soon-to-be-released cds from The Plain White T's (American Nights) and Kelly Clarkson (Piece By Piece). Kelly Clarkson just performed her new single The Heartbeat Song on Jimmy Fallon. And The Plain White T's have released some previews of songs from their new cd online. Overall, it's all terrific music.

Ed.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:08 PM   #60
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Janet Jackson's New Album Set for Fall

Janet Jackson Officially Announces New Album Due This Fall, Her First in 7 Years
by Jessica Goodman
6/3/15

Janet Jackson officially confirmed that her next album will come out this fall via BMG. It will be her first since 2008’s 'Discipline'.

According to the announcement on her website, the project is still untitled, but will mark her first release under her newly formed label, Rhythm Nation.

Janet is not just a supreme artist, she is a unique cultural force whose work resonates around the world,” BMG CEO Hartwig Masuch said in a statement. “Janet It is an honor that she has chosen BMG to release her long-awaited new album. We look forward to collaborating with her across every platform.

Thank you to the talented team at BMG, my new artistic home,” Jackson said in a statement. “The opportunity to be creative in music and every form of entertainment has great potential here.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/03...m-fall-release
Attached Images