Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Music
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #31
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Rihanna's New Music Video 'Pour It Up'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnMMu0809_w
Old 10-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #32
SBTB Geek
Smooth Moderator

Britney's new music video for Work Bitch

All hail Godney and dance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt8VYOfr8To
Old 10-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #33
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Lady Gaga's 'ARTPOP' Cover Art

Lady Gaga has released the cover art for her new studio album, 'ARTPOP', which comes out Nov. 11th.
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #34
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Britney Spears' New Album 'Britney Jean' Set for 12/3/13

Britney Spears' New Album has a Title and Release Date
by Kyle Anderson
Oct 15, 2013

Perhaps it’s just the nature of the cycles of pop music, but doesn’t it seem like Britney Spears has been gone for a while? Her last album 'Femme Fatale' came out in 2011, but for some reason it seems like she’s been missing in action for twice that time.

Regardless, Brit is back with a vengeance. Her new album’s first single and video 'Work Bitch' has already dropped, and yesterday she revealed that the new collection, which will be out December 3, is called 'Britney Jean'.

Before you go assuming that she’s making some sort of awesome meta-allusion to Michael Jackson’s 'Billie Jean', just know that 'Jean' is actually Spears’ given middle name.

It’s a personal album, and all my family, they all call me Britney Jean, it’s like a term of endearment, and I just wanted to share that with my fans,” she told London’s Capital FM yesterday.

Other details are relatively scarce, though we do know that will.i.am is serving as executive producer and that 'Work Bitch' doesn’t necessarily represent the album as a whole.

That song is a reflection of Britney moreso than the album,” Will told Billboard. “The album is what the album is, but we felt that song needed to come out to keep the foundation on what Britney represents. But it shouldn’t reflect the album—an album is a body of work as a collective. If we had to pick a song like, ‘Oh, what song fits every color of the record,’ you shouldn’t do that… We felt that song represents ‘Piece of Me,’ that Britney oomph.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2013/10/15/b...-release-date/
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #35
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Icon15 'Friday' Creator Has New Hit w/ 'Chinese Food'

Alison Gold's 'Chinese Food' Makes Shocking Debut on Billboard Hot 100
by Pamela Gocobachi
Oct 23, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWLhrHVySgA

ARK Music Factory has done it again! The company behind Rebecca Black's 'Friday' phenomenon has another viral hit on its hands in Alison Gold’s 'Chinese Food'.

The 12-year-old singer’s pop song love letter to Chinese dishes debuts at No. 29 on this week’s Billboard Hot 100 chart and at No. 5 on Billboard’s Streaming Songs chart. The latter makes it the week’s highest new entry.

Gold has YouTube viewers to thank for the success of her ode to tasty comfort food — her impressive debut on the Hot 100 is due largely in part to the nearly 5 million U.S. streams the video has received on YouTube since being uploaded on Oct. 14.

The track has additionally sold 1,000 downloads as of Oct. 20.

'Chinese Food' was written and co-produced by ARK Music Factory co-founder Patrice Wilson.

Fun fact: He cameos in the music video as a rapping panda bear.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/10/23/al...board-hot-100/
Old 10-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #36
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music 'Britney Jean' Album Cover

Britney Spears Writes Letter to Fans, Unveils New Album Cover
by Ray Rahman
Oct 25, 2013

In a handwritten message posted online today, Britney Spears assures fans that her upcoming album 'Britney Jean' will be “my most personal record yet… I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean.

The singer also unveiled the album’s cover art, which features a neon heart on a gray Britney.

Dear Fans,

I haven’t sat down to write you guys in SUCH a long time. Long overdue! We’re all so used to getting our thoughts out in 140 characters, but sometimes its nice to take time to sit down and write something a little longer and more personal. I am putting the finishing touches on my new album, Britney Jean over the next few days and I am so excited for you to hear it.

I poured my heart and soul into this album and it’s been an incredible journey. I’ve learned a lot about myself, and as I am finishing, I am reminded of the incredible foundation that has supported me for the last 15 years.

Thank you all for continuing to follow me on this journey and for allowing me to do what I love to do. I can’t believe this is my eighth studio album and I know I keep telling you that it is my most personal record yet, but its true and I’m really proud of that.

I have been through a lot in the past few years and it has really inspired me to dig deeper and write songs that I think everyone can relate to. Working with people like Sia, William Orbit, and of course Will.i.am has been an amazing experience. They have listened to all of my ideas and helped me bring them to life. There are a lot of really fun, upbeat dance songs, but it was important to me that I show my strength, and my attitude, and my vulnerability.

Of course, I also have some surprises for you guys

I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean.

Hope you love my labor of love!

Love Always,
Britney

http://music-mix.ew.com/2013/10/25/b...n-album-cover/
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #37
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Rihanna's 'What Now'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-3BI9AspYc
Old 11-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #38
Vahan

Default Lady Gaga's latest album is a flop

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=839480

Quote:
Lady Gaga's 'ARTPOP' flop expected to lose label reported $25 million in marketing costs
Nov. 17, 2013, 5:22 PM EST
By Todd Cunningham

Underwhelming sales for Lady Gaga's new album "ARTPOP" — despite a promo campaign that cost Interscope Records $25 million — is expected to force holiday layoffs at the label, according to a new report.

First-week sales of roughly 250,000 copies are projected for the rock diva's new release, according to a story published at Examiner.com on Saturday.

TheWrap's calls to the singer's reps and Interscope on Sunday weren't immediately returned.

"ARTPOP" could still debut at No. 1, but that would be a 75 percent drop from the first week sales of her hit "Born This Way" two years ago, and that one sold more than a million copies in its first week.

To put that in perspective, Miley Cyrus' "Bangerz" launched with first-week sales of 270,000 last month. Two weeks later, Katy Perry's "Prism" debuted with 286,000 first-week sales. Neither are considered breakout hits.

The soft sales for Gaga's latest, coupled with the massive promo spend, could cause layoffs of between 50 and 100 Interscope employees, most likely around Christmas, according to the report.

The singer's new album could get a boost from her guest hosting stint on "Saturday Night Live." But her last tour failed to sell out, reviews of "ARTPOP" have been mixed and its first single, 'Applause," peaked at No. 5 on the charts.

Interscope Records, based in Santa Monica, Calif., was founded by Jimmy Iovine in 1989 and is a part of the Universal Music Group. The label is home to more more than 100 artists, including Eminem, the Rolling Stones and Madonna.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #39
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Bruce Springsteen's New Album 'High Hopes' Set for 1/14/14

Bruce Springsteen Reveals 'High Hopes' Video, Sets Album for January Release (Video)
11/25/13
by Michele Amabile Angermiller

Bruce Springsteen fans will be celebrating the New Year with new music, Columbia Records announced today.

The new record, 'High Hopes', arrives on Jan. 14, and will feature 12 songs familiar to fans of the iconic rocker’s cannon of songs. Produced by Springsteen with Ron Aniello, with other tracks by Brendan O'Brien, the record features musical accompaniment by members of the E Street Band, Springsteen's self-described "muse," as well as Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello and many additional players.

The record is available for pre-order today.

The album -- recorded in New Jersey, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Australia and New York City -- also spotlights some of the last unreleased music featuring saxophonist Clarence Clemons, who passed away in 2011, and keyboardist Danny Federici, who passed in 2008. Springsteen describes these tracks as "some of the best unreleased material from the past decade."

"This is music I always felt needed to be released," Springsteen reveals in the album's liner notes.

Springsteen released the title track via iTunes on Monday, a cover of a song previously available on the 1995 EP 'Blood Brothers' and in the subsequent 1996 documentary of the same name. The song originally was performed by the Los Angeles band The Havalinas.

The new recording features guitar work by Morellom who filled in for Steve Van Zandt during the March 2013 Australian leg of the Wrecking Ball tour (Zandt was filming his Netflix show Lilyhammer).

The remaining 11 tracks include titles that astute Springsteen lovers should recognize, including a re-recording of 'The Ghost of Tom Joad', 'American Skin (41 Shots)' and 'Dream Baby Dream', a song by the group Suicide he covered often on his Devils and Dust tour in 2005.

The album is a grab bag of songs that were left aside from previous albums, such as the song 'Harry’s Place', originally intended for 'The Rising'.

'The Wall', co-written by Pittsburgh musician Joe Gruschecky, was only performed a handful of times live in concert.

Track Listing:

01. High Hopes
02. Harry's Place
03. American Skin (41 Shots)
04. Just Like Fire Would
05. Down In The Hole
06. Heaven's Wall
07. Frankie Fell In Love
08. This Is Your Sword
09. Hunter Of Invisible Game
10. The Ghost of Tom Joad
11. The Wall
12. Dream Baby Dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOPDhoZH91g

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ear...h-hopes-659686
Old 12-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #40
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Beyoncé Releases New Album on iTunes

Beyoncé Releases Surprise New Album and Videos
Dec 13, 2013
by Sadie Gennis

Beyoncé surprised her fans Thursday night by releasing a new album exclusively on iTunes. The self-titled "visual album" features 14 songs and 17 music videos.

"I didn't want to release my music the way I've done it. I am bored with that. I feel like I am able to speak directly to my fans. There's so much that gets between the music, the artist and the fans," Beyoncé said in the album's announcement according to The Los Angeles Times.

"I felt like I didn't want anybody to give the message when my record is coming out," she added. "I just want this to come out when it's ready and from me to my fans."

The album features appearances by her husband Jay Z, Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, Pharrell Williams, Drake, The-Dream, Sia, Ryan Tedder, Miguel, Frank Ocean, Hit Boy and even her 1-year-old daughter Blue Ivy.

The album is currently only available on iTunes, but a double disc CD/DVD will be released before the holidays.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/be...ign-mpt=uo%3D4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OztDqr2C0M

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Beyonce-...s-1074674.aspx
Old 12-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #41
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music "Beyoncé" Becomes Fasted-Selling Album in iTunes History

'Beyonce' Becomes Fastest-Selling Album in iTunes History
12/16/13
by Keith Caulfield, Billboard

Beyoncé's new self-titled release has become the fastest selling album ever on iTunes worldwide, with 828,773 albums sold within its first three days. The album has also broken the U.S. iTunes Store's record for the largest sales week for an album.

According to multiple industry sources, 'Beyoncé' sold 617,000 downloads through the close of business on Sunday, Dec. 15. The album bowed -- without any pre-release announcement -- in the iTunes Store at midnight EST on Friday morning, Dec. 13.

None of its songs are available a la carte (which is likely helping encourage full album purchases). The 14-song set is selling for $15.99 and additionally comes with 18 videos. Fourteen of those are for each of the album's songs.

'Beyoncé' breaks the previous one-week iTunes record, set by Taylor Swift's 'Red' when it sold 465,000 in the week ending Oct. 28, 2012. (The digital version of 'Red' was exclusively sold through iTunes for its first week. It became available to all digital retailers after its first week on sale.)

To note: The music industry tracks weekly sales on a Monday through Sunday basis, hence why 'Beyoncé's' feat is being measured after only three days on sale. 'Red' had seven days of sales in its first tracking week, as it was released on Monday, Oct. 22.

'Beyoncé's' iTunes launch is also the second-largest digital sales week overall -- counting all digital retailers. It's second behind the debut frame of Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way', which sold 662,000 downloads in its first week.

(That number was enhanced by Amazon MP3's decision to sell the set for 99-cents for two days during its first week. Billboard has estimated that Amazon MP3's 99-cent version resulted in 440,000 copies sold.)

'Beyoncé' is all but guaranteed a No. 1 debut on the Billboard 200 chart this week, giving the diva her fifth consecutive No. 1 (her entire output of albums). The new Billboard 200's No. 1 will be officially announced mid-week.

'Beyoncé' will also lock in the largest sales week for Beyoncé herself, surpassing her previous high, set when second album, 'B'Day', bowed with 541,000 in 2006 (according to Nielsen SoundScan).

Finally, 'Beyoncé' notches the largest sales week of 2013 for a woman, and the biggest since Swift's 'Red' debuted with 1.2 million in October of 2012.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ear...g-album-665975
Old 12-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #42
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Miley Cyrus' New 'Adore You' Music Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1tzURKYFNs
Old 01-06-2014, 10:16 AM   #43
MixOne
Occasional Poster

Crazy The House Of EDM - Dang It

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_8aGRofTKQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUjlxqmVU5piwp9sJ1zc_GFw
Old 03-02-2014, 06:19 PM   #44
MixOne
Occasional Poster

Default Dang It!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDpoAmluQtk
Old 04-01-2014, 03:04 AM   #45
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music New Michael Jackson Album 'Xscape' Set for May 13th

New Michael Jackson Album Due this May
by Leah Greenblatt
Mar 31, 2014

The King of Pop will be resurrected — at least in the studio. Nearly five years after his death, Michael Jackson’s estate has given Epic Records C.E.O./executive producer L.A. Reid and Timbaland permission to “contemporize” eight previously unreleased tracks for the album 'Xscape', due May 13.

Michael left behind some musical performances that we take great pride in presenting through the vision of music producers that he either worked directly with or expressed strong desire to work with,” Reid said in a statement on Monday. “We are extremely proud and honored to present this music to the world.

There will also be a deluxe edition that includes the original recordings; both the deluxe and original go to iTunes pre-order tomorrow (April 1.)

Jackson still leads the record books as the most successful male solo artist of the modern Billboard era, with 13 #1 hits on the Hot 100 and six #1 album debuts — including 1982′s 'Thriller', which is certified 29 times platinum and remains the best-selling studio album of all time.

This will be his second posthumous release since 2009′s This Is It soundtrack.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2014/03/31/n...-album-xscape/
Attached Images