Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Music
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 18, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Disney to Acquire Much of Fox; Roseanne Debut Date Set for ABC
Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music New Music Release Thread

Lady Gaga Announces 'ARTPOP' Release Date
by Kyle Anderson
July 12, 2013

Lady Gaga has been keeping a low profile since February while she’s been recovering a torn labrum in her hip, an injury that required surgery and forced her to cancel a number of tour dates. But she’s back, and she’s got some new stuff in store.

In a wordy Facebook post, Gaga announced that her new album 'ARTPOP' will be out on November 11, with a single coming on August 19. Because it’s 2013, there will also be an interactive app that will do…something. It’s unclear, though it will be available on September 1, the same day 'ARTPOP' is made available for pre-sale.

Built by TechHAUS, the technological branch of HAUS OF GAGA, the app itself is a musical and visual engineering system that combines music, art, fashion and technology with a new interactive worldwide community—’the auras,’” Gaga wrote on Facebook. “Altering the human experience with social media, we bring ARTculture into POP in a reverse Warholian expedition.

True fact: The “Reverse Warholian” is actually illegal in Texas and Kentucky.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2013/07/12/l...te-single-app/
Attached Images

Last edited by Zoneboy : 08-01-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Default Lady Gaga will perform at the VMAs

Link

Lady Gaga is set to take the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards stage, her first live performance since undergoing hip surgery in February, the music network just announced.

Gaga will be performing her new yet-to-be-named single -- out August 19 -- off her highly anticipated album ARTPOP, which hits shelves on November 11.

Gaga is no stranger to the VMA stage, where she's performed unforgettable renditions of her hits including a blood-soaked performance of Paparazzi in 2009, as well as her gender bending You & I routine in 2011, when she performed as her alter ego "Jo Calderone."

... And of course, who could ever forget her infamous meat dress in 2010?

In celebration of the forthcoming performance, MTV Hits, MTV's 24-hour music channel, will feature an hour block of Lady Gaga videos and performances from 3-4 p.m. ET/PT.

This year's Video Music Awards -- broadcast live from Brooklyn's Barclays Center in New York City -- airs August 25 at 9 p.m. ET/PT, on MTV.

Last edited by Zoneboy : 07-25-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
irehtman

What about Katy Perry's third album?
Old 08-01-2013, 01:02 AM   #4
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Katy Perry's New Album 'Prism' Set for 10/22/13

Katy Perry Announces New Album 'Prism' via Giant Gold Truck
by Kyle Anderson
July 30, 2013

In a world full of Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and whatever else the kids are jacking into these days, Katy Perry decided to go really low-tech with her latest publicity stunt.

Yesterday, a giant gold truck was spotted driving around Los Angeles, announcing an October 22 release date for something called 'Prism', which we assume is the title of her new album.

Perry has acknowledged the semi on Twitter (where she promises will make its way to other cities), but offered no other details about the project. Perry is encouraging fans to snap photos of the truck and tweet about them, and Adam Lambert was up to the task.

Provided that 'Prism' is a record and not some sort of Dianetics-esque religious movement, it will be Perry’s third album and her official follow-up to 'Teenage Dream', which tied Michael Jackson’s Bad for the record for most chart-topping singles from the same album ('California Gurls', 'Teenage Dream', 'Firework', 'E.T.' and 'Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)' all hit number one).

It’s been a week of Perry news:

It was revealed yesterday that she sang back up behind Britney Spears on the latter’s new Smurfs-centric single 'Ooh La La' (Perry reprises her role as the voice of Smurfette in the forthcoming Smurfs 2), and her new fragrance (called “Killer Queen”) is set to arrive in the fall.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2013/07/30/k...w-album-prism/
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
irehtman

Okay, Katy Perry's next album, "Prism", hits stores in October 2013, while Lady gaga's next album, "Artpop", hits stores in November 2013.

You know, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are considered rivals to each other.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #6
irehtman

Katy Perry and Lady Gaga are considered rivals to each other.

Katy Perry's "Prism" album arrives in stores on October 2013, while Lady Gaga's "Artpop" album arrives in stores on November 2013.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Joan Jett's New Album 'Unvarnished' Set for 10/1/13

Joan Jett Announces First Album in Seven Years
8/1/2013
by Jeremy Bergman

Joan Jett still "loves rock 'n' roll" and is finally returning to music. The rocker announced Thursday that she will release her first album, 'Unvarnished', in more than seven years on October 1.

Jett, who is best known for her work with Joan Jett & the Blackhearts and their hit single 'I Love Rock 'n' Roll', will team up with her band again to release the album on the Blackheart Records label.

The singer and guitarist said in a press release, "It's a real band album. Everybody was involved." Notable rockers Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters and Laura Jane Grace from Against Me! will join her on the album.

Jett further explained that the album is the "most autobiographical project" she has ever undertaken.

'Unvarnished' will feature songs concerning the death of both of Jett's parents and her celebration of the determination Hurricane Sandy victims among other modern topics.

Jett will be debuting the first single off of the album, 'Any Weather,' on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" on August 8. The track can be pre-ordered on iTunes two days prior.

The standard version of 'Unvarnished' features ten tracks, while a deluxe edition will offer four bonus songs. Check out the track lists below.

'Unvarnished' (Standard Version):

01. Any Weather (606 Version)
02. TMI
03. Soulmates To Strangers
04. Make It Back
05. Hard To Grow Up
06. Fragile
07. Reality Mentality
08. Bad As We Can Be
09. Different
10. Everybody Needs A Hero

'Unvarnished' (Deluxe Version):

01. Any Weather (606 Version)
02. TMI
03. Soulmates To Strangers
04. Make It Back
05. Hard To Grow Up
06. Fragile
07. Reality Mentality
08. Bad As We Can Be
09. Different
10. I Know What I Know
11. Seriously
12. Different (Demo Version)
13. Any Weather (Blackhearts)
14. Everybody Needs A Hero

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...t-album-598051
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2013, 01:33 AM   #8
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Avril Lavigne's New Self-Titled Album Set for 11/5/13

Avril Lavigne Sets Self-Titled Album for November Release, Reveals Tracklist
9/5/2013
by Sophie Schillaci

Avril Lavigne has set a date for her self-titled set.

The pop-punk singer will release her fifth studio album on Nov. 5, Lavigne announced Thursday. The Epic Records release will be available for pre-order beginning Sept. 24.

Co-produced by Lavigne, Chad Kroeger, Martin Johnson and David Hodges, Avril Lavigne was recorded at Henson Studios over the past year. It has already spawned the singles 'Here's to Never Growing Up' and 'Rock N Roll'.

Track Listing:

01. Rock N Roll
02. Here's To Never Growing Up
03. 17

04. Bitchin' Summer
05. Let Me Go – feat. Chad Kroeger

06. Give You What You Like
07. Bad Girl – feat. Marilyn Manson

08. Hello Kitty
09. You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet
10. Sippin' On Sunshine
11. Hello Heartache
12. Falling Fast
13. Hush Hush

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ear...d-album-622419
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG : 09-05-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #9
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Miley Cyrus' New Album 'Bangerz' Set for 10/8/13

Miley Cyrus Announces 'Bangerz' Release Date
8/15/2013
by Ian Bernstein, Jason Lipshutz, Billboard

Almost two months after the release of the highly controversial, yet immensely popular video for her latest single, 'We Can’t Stop', Miley Cyrus has given the world something else to look forward to.

The 20-year-old pop sensation teased her more than 13 million Twitter followers on Thursday, August 15, with a series of messages related to her forthcoming fourth studio album, 'Bangerz'.

Among them: a reveal of the album's release date, Oct. 8.

The album does not yet have an official track list, but will include collaborations with Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald, Future and Pharrell Williams, among many others.

'We Can't Stop', the lead single from 'Bangerz', remains at No. 2 on this week's Hot 100 chart. Its official music video has nearly 140 million views.

For those planning their pop album purchases for the fall, Bangerz will be released one week after the second half of Justin Timberlake's 'The 20/20 Experience', two weeks before Katy Perry's 'Prism' and five weeks before Lady Gaga's 'ARTPOP'.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...release-607507
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #10
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Kelly Clarkson's 'Wrapped in Red' Set for 10/29/13

Kelly Clarkson is 'Wrapped in Red' for Holiday Album
8/19/2013
by Michele Amabile Angermiller

For Kelly Clarkson, Christmas will arrive just in time for Halloween with the debut of her first-ever holiday album.

The "American Idol" season-one winner announced that her new release, titled 'Wrapped in Red', will drop on Oct. 29.

"Check out the cover of my Christmas album! I can't wait for y'all to hear it," tweeted Clarkson. "I have been dying to make this album since I was a kid!"

The album, produced by Greg Kurstin, will feature original songs ('Underneath the Tree' and the title track), as well as collaborations with Reba McEntire and Trisha Yearwood on classics including 'Silent Night'. Country singer Ronnie Dunn already revealed on Facebook that he would be involved with the project, as well.

Other songs targeted for 'Wrapped in Red' include 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas', 'Blue Christmas', 'Run Run Rudolph' and 'Please Come Home for Christmas'.

This isn't the first time the 31-year-old Grammy Award winner has covered holiday music. Her versions of 'My Grown Up Christmas List' and 'I'll Be Home for Christma'" are already staples around holiday time, and she lent her voice to Blake Shelton's 'Cheers, It's Christmas' in 2012.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ido...ped-red-609004
Old 08-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #11
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Miley Cyrus' 'Bangerz' Cover

Miley Cyrus revealed the cover of her latest album, 'Bangerz', on Twitter.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #12
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Eminem's New Album 'The Marshall Mathers LP 2' Set for 11/5/13

Eminem Sneakily Announces New Single, Album Release Date During VMAs [UPDATED]
by Ray Rahman
Aug 25, 2013

With most of the music world’s eyeballs fixed on one point — the MTV VMAs — Eminem took advantage of the moment to announce the name and release date of his upcoming eighth album.

As his official site teases, the new album will be out Nov. 5.

The site calls the release MMLP2, which likely stands for 'The Marshall Mathers LP 2'. Also announced was the name of a new single, 'Berzerk', to be debuted this Tuesday.

UPDATE: A rep at Interscope has confirmed that the album’s formal title is indeed 'The Marshall Mathers LP 2', and that 'Berzerk' will be on sale via iTunes on Tuesday, 12:01am Eastern.

The song was produced by Rick Rubin, who with Dr. Dre co-produced the entire album.

The announcement also came with a snippet of the new song. Check it out below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBDfRdz6yGI

http://music-mix.ew.com/2013/08/25/e...-album-single/
Old 08-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #13
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Paul McCartney's 'New' Album Set for 10/15/13

Paul McCartney Confirms Producers, Shares Track List for 'New'
9/14/2013
by David Greenwald, Billboard

Paul McCartney worked with a number of renowned producers for 'New' -- so many, he couldn't pick just one.

"The original idea was to go to a couple of producers whose work I loved, to see who I got on with best -- but it turned out I got on with all of them!" he said in a statement. "We made something really different with each producer, so I couldn’t choose and ended up working with all four. We just had a good time in different ways."

So his 12-track set will include the productions of Paul Epworth (Adele); Mark Ronson (Amy Winehouse), who helmed the Beatles-esque title track and single; Giles Martin, son of producer and "fifth Beatle" George Martin; and Ethan Johns (Kings of Leon, Ryan Adams). Martin executive-produced the album, which was mixed by Mark "Spike" Stent.

While the New single offers a recognizable sound from the pop legend, McCartney says the album will surprise listeners.

"It's funny, when I play people the album, they’re surprised it’s me. A lot of the tracks are quite varied and not necessarily in a style you'd recognize as mine," he said. "I didn't want it to all sound the same."

'New' is due Oct. 15th.

Track Listing:

01. Save Us (produced by Paul Epworth)
02. Alligator (produced by Mark Ronson)
03. On My Way to Work (produced by Giles Martin)
04. Queenie Eye (produced by Paul Epworth)
05. Early Days (produced by Ethan Johns)
06. New (produced by Mark Ronson)
07. Appreciate (produced by Giles Martin)
08. Everybody Out There (produced by Giles Martin)
09. Hosanna (produced by Ethan Johns)
10. I Can Bet (produced by Giles Martin)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ear...-shares-629401
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG : 09-14-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #14
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Pearl Jam's New Album 'Lightning Bolt' Set for 10/15/13

Pearl Jam Shares 'Lightning Bolt' Track List
8/31/2013
by Jessica Letkemann, Billboard

Pearl Jam spent the week teasing fans with a two-title-a-day tweeted track list reveal for its upcoming album 'Lightning Bolt', which culminated Friday with the band sharing the full 12-song list and running order.

The new album, which is due October 15 in the U.S., will include already released single 'Mind Your Manners', as well as the two tunes the group debuted live at Chicago's Wrigley Field last month: the rocking title track, and a ballad called 'Future Days'.

The album also contains a version of 'Sleeping By Myself', a song which first appeared on singer Eddie Vedder's 2011 solo album 'Ukulele Songs'.

'Lightning Bolt' is Pearl Jam's 10th studio album and it's the first studio effort since 2009's 'Backspacer'. Album producer Brendan O'Brien calls it, "a great representation of their work right now."

"If you like Pearl Jam, you'll love this. And if you haven't listened to Pearl Jam in awhile, I think it's going to bring you in. That's the whole idea."

Track Listing:

01. Getaway
02. Mind Your Manners
03. My Father's Son
04. Sirens
05. Lightning Bolt
06. Infallible
07. Pendulum
08. Swallowed Whole
09. Let The Records Play
10. Sleeping By Myself
11. Yellow Moon
12. Future Days

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ear...ng-bolt-618832
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #15
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Stone Temple Pilots' New EP 'High Rise' Set for 10/18/13

Stone Temple Pilots Featuring Chester Benington Unveil 'High Rise' EP News
by JonathanBarkan
August 28, 2013

Rockers Stone Temple Pilots have announced the release date for their new EP ‘High Rise’, which will feature Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington.

The EP, which comes out October 18th via 13Star Records, will feature five new tracks, including 'Out of Time', which was released earlier this year.

Bassist Robert DeLeo comments, “We’re really thankful to all the people listening to our music that made this happen. It feels great on so many levels.

STP will embark on a N. American tour beginning on September 4th and will feature Filter as the opening act on nearly all the dates.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...-rise-ep-news/
Attached Images