Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
Janice Johnson
Commercial Lover

Default Little things you resented online?

I had my 10 year anniversary on some website this past May and only got about 5 posts congratulating me. Some guy had his 10 year anniversary this June, and got 2 pages of congratulations. I was there before him! I'm resentfully bitter!
Old 06-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

This thread is out of line. But since you brought it up, ask yourself this, do you ever post in threads congratulating others for milestones on this site or anything else for that matter? The only birthday thread I ever see you post in is your own. You constantly ask everyone for advice, yet never offer it for anyone else.

That "some guy" you mentioned is Sonny. He got pages of congratulations because he's there for everyone else. He never misses a birthday thread, or a condolence, advice or a thread congratulating a member.

You reap what you sow.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
Marvo301
Forum Veteran
I'm NOT a Blockhead!

Cool

Janice J. you just have to realize you can't control what other people are going to do or what threads they post on or don't post on. I am one ogf those people who did congratulate you on your 10 year anniversary. And I do appreciate what you contribute to this site and this community. Don't let it get to you that someone else got more replys than you.

A life isn't worth living unless it has impact on other lives. Jackie Robinson

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin
Old 06-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
Flying Dutchman

And by the way Janice J. Gongrats on your 10 year anniversary. :-)
Old 06-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #5
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

you know, if you don't make an effort to make a positive impact upon those around you, you won't.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #6
Family Ties Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
This thread is out of line. But since you brought it up, ask yourself this, do you ever post in threads congratulating others for milestones on this site or anything else for that matter? The only birthday thread I ever see you post in is your own. You constantly ask everyone for advice, yet never offer it for anyone else. That "some guy" you mentioned is Sonny. He got pages of congratulations because he's there for everyone else. He never misses a birthday thread, or a condolence, advice or a thread congratulating a member. You reap what you sow.

You make a good point Janice. No offense to her, but it's true, Janice Johnson never posts in the birthday threads or any of the other ones. I don't think I've even seen her post on a condolence thread. She always asking for advice and reviews on the stories she writes yet never reciprocates. That's the reason she only got five replies. Most people ignore those who ignore them. It's only natural.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #7
Janice Johnson
Commercial Lover

Quote:
This thread is out of line. But since you brought it up, ask yourself this, do you ever post in threads congratulating others for milestones on this site or anything else for that matter? The only birthday thread I ever see you post in is your own. You constantly ask everyone for advice, yet never offer it for anyone else.

That "some guy" you mentioned is Sonny. He got pages of congratulations because he's there for everyone else. He never misses a birthday thread, or a condolence, advice or a thread congratulating a member.

You reap what you sow.

I do come off as self-centered. You do have a good point, Janice. Your insight reminds me of a Suite Life Of Zack And Cody episode where a needy person baked Maddie a cake for her heart filled charity. London, who was doing Charity for selfish purposes asked Maddie why no one baked her a cake. Maddie replied,"Maybe it's because I am doing Charity for the food of helping others, while you are doing Charity to look good for yourself." London looked thoughtful, as if Maddie had a good point.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #8
Janice Johnson
Commercial Lover

Quote:

You reap what you sow.

Janice, I made a Catlover's Appreciation Thread a while back. I think that' s the only time I've really done something nice for another poster, however....
Old 06-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #9
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice Johnson
Janice, I made a Catlover's Appreciation Thread a while back. I think that' s the only time I've really done something nice for another poster, however....
Janice, I know your feelings are hurt. Just know that it's never too late, and it doesn't take much to remedy the situation. Perhaps you should consider those five replies a wake-up call. It only takes a minute to say happy birthday, get well, congratulations, etc. People respond to kindness. You're a nice gal. You can do this. It will pay off for you in the end.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #10
Janice Johnson
Commercial Lover

Thanks, Janice. I will start being more interactive with other posters from now on
Old 06-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #11
Steve_uk

Quote:
I had my 10 year anniversary on some website this past May and only got about 5 posts congratulating me. Some guy had his 10 year anniversary this June, and got 2 pages of congratulations. I was there before him! I'm resentfully bitter!
I didn't realize the internet had been going 10 years,since Al Gore invented it. Seriously do you expect strangers to congratulate someone they don't know in this age of political correctness;you'll probably only get a mouthful of abuse back. But I'm glad to see it's different with some members. Belated congratulations by the way.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #12
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

Quote:
Janice, I know your feelings are hurt. Just know that it's never too late, and it doesn't take much to remedy the situation. Perhaps you should consider those five replies a wake-up call. It only takes a minute to say happy birthday, get well, congratulations, etc. People respond to kindness. You're a nice gal. You can do this. It will pay off for you in the end.
that's right, Janice. And Janice J. a belated congratulations!

This reminds me of something that one of the nurses said to me when I was in the hospital recovering from my stroke (I'm still thankful it was only a small one)
Anyway, she told me that she sees some of the patients who never get any visitors and they get upset about it. And the nurse can't help but think "Well, if you would be nicer to people and not so mean and self-centered; you would get some."

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
Old 06-18-2013, 06:39 AM   #13
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_uk
I didn't realize the internet had been going 10 years,since Al Gore invented it. Seriously do you expect strangers to congratulate someone they don't know in this age of political correctness;you'll probably only get a mouthful of abuse back. But I'm glad to see it's different with some members. Belated congratulations by the way.
We've all been congratulating each other for all kinds of reasons on Sitcoms Online for years. Nobody gives anybody any kind of abuse. It wouldn't be tolerated here.

And Janice J, I was one of the ones who did congratulate you in your thread.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #14
shotzette
De Facto Queen of Everything

Oh No

Quote:

Seriously? You want to be congratulated for hanging out on a website? Wouldn't you rather be acknowledged for a real accomplishment or good deed? This is a place that allows me to converse with other TV Nerds like myself; it's not my job, my friends, or my life. If having a bunch of virtual strangers acknowledge an arbitrary date that marks your time on a site which is for amusement purposes only, you need to get some help.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #15
Marvo301
Forum Veteran
I'm NOT a Blockhead!

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotzette
Seriously? You want to be congratulated for hanging out on a website? Wouldn't you rather be acknowledged for a real accomplishment or good deed? This is a place that allows me to converse with other TV Nerds like myself; it's not my job, my friends, or my life. If having a bunch of virtual strangers acknowledge an arbitrary date that marks your time on a site which is for amusement purposes only, you need to get some help.
It's kind of unfair to blame Janice J. for wanting some acknowledgemnt for the amount of time she's been a member when so many other members have received acknowledgement for the same thing or for the number of posts they.ve made. I should know. I'm one of them. I admit it's not a major accomplishment in the over all scheme of life but there is no reason to acknowledge the milestones of some members while ignoring those of others.