Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #91
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet42
He didn't have stiches or a concussion. A 17th year child is dead because he shot him. I wouldn't want that happen to me either, but I wouldn't be stupid enough to walk up to a person with out identifying myself and start the discussion. He should of stayed in the car and waited for the police to arrive.
Zimmerman didn't start the conversation. TM approached GZ asking him if he was looking for trouble, George said no, whereupon Trayvon punched him. GZ fell to the ground, TM got on top of GM and started beating him. A neighbor witnessed the beating and testified to this. John Goode is his name. He stated what they were wearing and who was beating who. Trayvon was the aggressor.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #92
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries

Why didn't Trayvon just go home? Zimmerman lost him and didn't know where he went. If he would have just went home, no confrontation would have taken place.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #93
-STEFFY-
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's
Why didn't Trayvon just go home? Zimmerman lost him and didn't know where he went. If he would have just went home, no confrontation would have taken place.
If Zimmerman is under no obligation to follow directions from the 911 dispatcher, then why is Trayvon obligated to go home?
Old 07-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #94
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by -STEFFY-
If Zimmerman is under no obligation to follow directions from the 911 dispatcher, then why is Trayvon obligated to go home?
Trayvon had trouble on his mind.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #95
-STEFFY-
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Trayvon had trouble on his mind.

That's speculation. The same can be speculated about George Zimmerman. He was under no obligation to follow directions from 911, and he left his car. Why? He had trouble on his mind.

Zimmerman did not get out of his car to look at house numbers. The house numbers were all lit up outside.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #96
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm just saying, it sounded like he wanted a confrontation. If he wasn't looking for trouble then he should have just went home. If I saw someone following me, I would have gotten home as fast as I could. I wouldn't trust any strangers, especially at night.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #97
janet42
Three's Company Fan!

Quote:
Zimmerman didn't start the conversation. TM approached GZ asking him if he was looking for trouble, George said no,

Zimmerman then should of identify himself as a crime watcher. On Zimmerman's cell call to the dispatcher, you can hear Zimmerman chasing him because he was out of breath. That was a stupid thing for him to do. Even the head of Crime-watch said that Zimmerman handled it wrong.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #98
-STEFFY-
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Zimmerman then should of identify himself as a crime watcher. On Zimmerman's cell call to the dispatcher, you can hear Zimmerman chasing him because he was out of breath. That was a stupid thing for him to do. Even the head of Crime-watch said that Zimmerman handled it wrong.
You're exactly right. The woman who trains crime watchers for the neighborhood says that neighborhood watch people are supposed to be the EYES AND EARS for the police. They are not supposed to be using guns.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #99
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Of course Zimmerman handled things wrong. So did Trayvon. Trayvon had a cellphone too so why didn't he call the police and tell them that somebody was following him? He wanted a confrontation. Nobody's answered my question. Of course it's a free country and Trayvon could go back and confront him if he wanted to but why would he do that? Why didn't he go home as fast as he could and call the police? I've been out walking at night before. I've even had a few people say things to me. I ignore them and get out of there as fast as I could. If you want a confrontation, chances are you're going to get one if you go after them. And if Trayvon was the aggressor in that confrontation and was banging Zimmerman's head against the ground then in Zimmerman's mind, it was self defense. If Zimmerman was out to kill him then why even call 911?
Old 07-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #100
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Quote:

That's speculation. The same can be speculated about George Zimmerman. He was under no obligation to follow directions from 911, and he left his car. Why? He had trouble on his mind.

Zimmerman did not get out of his car to look at house numbers. The house numbers were all lit up outside.
It's not speculation. Trayvon beat him up. If that's not trouble, I don't know what is. It's not all lit up outside. It's dark. That's what everyone says on the shows I watch. GZ had every right to leave his car. He lived there. He thought Trayvon looked suspicious, so he called it in. He made mistakes. They both did, but Trayvon did slug him, got on him and was hitting him. The neighbor testified that Trayvon was doing something called raining blows, martial arts style.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #101
-STEFFY-
Forum Veteran

Quote:
. He made mistakes.
Like when he absolutely lied in his interview with Sean Hannity.

Zimmerman claimed he never heard of the "stand your ground law." During trial, it was revealed that Zimmerman (an A student in criminal justice) studied "stand your ground" quite extensively. An A student wouldn't just forget that. Zimmerman lied. If he can lie about that, he could lie about much more.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #102
janet42
Three's Company Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's
Trayvon had a cellphone too so why didn't he call the police and tell them that somebody was following him?

He was 17 years old, kids that age don't think clearly. Maybe he was going to wait to get to his house and tell his dad and his step-mom about the strange man and let them call the police. Maybe it was self-defense or not. I don't think we will never know for sure. But Zimmerman started the whole thing by getting out of his car and being a cop want-a-be, and following Trayvon. How do we know if he wasn't up to any good. He didn't have a gun only candy and a drink. Some weapons.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #103
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
He was 17 years old, kids that age don't think clearly. Maybe he was going to wait to get to his house and tell his dad and his step-mom about the strange man and let them call the police. Maybe it was self-defense or not. I don't think we will never know for sure. But Zimmerman started the whole thing by getting out of his car and being a cop want-a-be, and following Trayvon. How do we know if he wasn't up to any good. He didn't have a gun only candy and a drink. Some weapons.
Well I was 17 years old once and there is no way that I would have gone back and confronted anybody that I was afraid of. Heck I was picked on constantly when I was a kid and I went out of my way to avoid people like that. They both made mistakes, that is obvious.And you are right that we may never know anything for sure. You have to be sure in a trial like this though. But Like I said earlier , I wouldn't be surprised if Zimmerman was convicted. He's already been convicted in the media.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #104
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Quote:
Like when he absolutely lied in his interview with Sean Hannity.

Zimmerman claimed he never heard of the "stand your ground law." During trial, it was revealed that Zimmerman (an A student in criminal justice) studied "stand your ground" quite extensively. An A student wouldn't just forget that. Zimmerman lied. If he can lie about that, he could lie about much more.
So he took a course three years ago that included something on stand your ground, and he forgot. Big deal. If anyone asked me about a portion of a course I took in college three years after I graduated, I can't guarantee that I'd remember it, and I was an A student myself.

He was a busy guy with a wife, kids, a job and he was taking college courses at the time of the incident. We're not computers for God's sake. He forget. He had nothing to gain by lying. The course wasn't called, Stand Your Ground.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #105
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
So he took a course three years ago that included something on stand your ground, and he forgot. Big deal. If anyone asked me about a portion of a course I took in college three years after I graduated, I can't guarantee that I'd remember it, and I was an A student myself.

He was a busy guy with a wife, kids, a job and he was taking college courses at the time of the incident. We're not computers for God's sake. He forget. He had nothing to gain by lying. The course wasn't called, Stand Your Ground.
You are right about that Janice. Of all the things to lie about, why would he lie about Stand Your Ground? When this first happened, I assumed he already knew about the law. It doesn't really prove anything.