Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-25-2013, 11:28 PM   #466
Regulus

Last month I actually talked a Police Officer OUT of giving me a Citation!

Here's what happened.

I approached an Intersection with the intentions of making a left turn. The turn was one of those "Protected" turns (Turn only on green arrow). The light was red but just as I got to the intersection it turned green, but not for me! (I didn't arrive on time to trigger the sensor, and this was one of those "Long Duration" (5+Minutes) Traffic signals). I waited for the traffic to pass, once I saw the coast to clear, and I made a [i]right[i] turn with the intent of going about 50 yards, then make a u-turn and go about my way. Unfortunately this officer saw me make my turn and made me pull over. He said I was going to be writ up on an "Improper Lane Change". I told him I was sorry I made an infraction, and I only had one regret. He asked me what that was and I told him I could not afford a High-Powered Lawyer like the one that got Mr. Zimmerman acquitted, because if I did, I'd file suit in Federal Court arguing the Law regarding the timing of Traffic Signals is UNCONSTITUTIONAL, because zero seconds is NOT a valid minimum time. He paused, then said I was correct, and told me to drive carefully.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:36 AM   #467
Tweety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus
Last month I actually talked a Police Officer OUT of giving me a Citation!

Here's what happened.

I approached an Intersection with the intentions of making a left turn. The turn was one of those "Protected" turns (Turn only on green arrow). The light was red but just as I got to the intersection it turned green, but not for me! (I didn't arrive on time to trigger the sensor, and this was one of those "Long Duration" (5+Minutes) Traffic signals). I waited for the traffic to pass, once I saw the coast to clear, and I made a [i]right[i] turn with the intent of going about 50 yards, then make a u-turn and go about my way. Unfortunately this officer saw me make my turn and made me pull over. He said I was going to be writ up on an "Improper Lane Change". I told him I was sorry I made an infraction, and I only had one regret. He asked me what that was and I told him I could not afford a High-Powered Lawyer like the one that got Mr. Zimmerman acquitted, because if I did, I'd file suit in Federal Court arguing the Law regarding the timing of Traffic Signals is UNCONSTITUTIONAL, because zero seconds is NOT a valid minimum time. He paused, then said I was correct, and told me to drive carefully.

Zimmerman didn't need a high powered lawyer to get him acquitted. Any lawyer could have done it.

The prosecution never had a case.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #468
janet42
Three's Company Fan!

Here is an article comparing Trayvon Martin's death to the 1955 killing of Emmett Till.

http://inamerica.blogs.cnn.com/2012/...f-emmett-till/
Old 08-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #469
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet42
Here is an article comparing Trayvon Martin's death to the 1955 killing of Emmett Till.

http://inamerica.blogs.cnn.com/2012/...f-emmett-till/
That is so twisted . One was self defense and the other was a brutal murder. Apples and oranges if you will. I've heard people compare them on TV too. They look like fools.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #470
Tweety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's
That is so twisted . One was self defense and the other was a brutal murder. Apples and oranges if you will. I've heard people compare them on TV too. They look like fools.

Very true. The idiot who wrote the article claim that Martin was shot simply because he was walking around. The word "beating" doesn't appear in the article.

John Blake is a moron.

And so is Oprah, while we're at it. She is convinced that there's no difference between Martin and Till. Heck, Oprah thinks SHE'S the new Emmett Till because of that handbag incident she manufactured in order to promote her dopey movie.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:19 AM   #471
Lee
veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's

Yes. Emmett Till was an innocent young black boy who was
tortured and murdered by angry white southerners simply for
allegedly flirting with a white woman. The Trayvon Martin case
was self defense, pure and simple. A better comparison with the
Emmett Till case was the Rodney King case, although I do not
believe that was a case of outright racism but rather the result
of High Speed Pursuit Syndrome(which unfortunately affects
many police officers in ths country)and the resulting anger
the officers felt from that(still no excuse for what they did, however).
Old 08-30-2013, 06:48 AM   #472
Tweety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Yes. Emmett Till was an innocent young black boy who was
tortured and murdered by angry white southerners simply for
allegedly flirting with a white woman. The Trayvon Martin case
was self defense, pure and simple. A better comparison with the
Emmett Till case was the Rodney King case, although I do not
believe that was a case of outright racism but rather the result
of High Speed Pursuit Syndrome(which unfortunately affects
many police officers in ths country)and the resulting anger
the officers felt from that(still no excuse for what they did, however).

The thing about the Rodney King case is that, even though the entire police stop was caught on video, it was still selectively edited in order to make the cops look bad. I'm not sure if it was done specifically because King was black or because actual police were involved in the beating. The fact that King was black certainly didn't hurt.

The problem in people's perception of the Rodney King video was that the video itself was actually about 7 minutes in length (might have even been 11 minutes, I forget the exact length). But what people saw was a continuous replay of the 15 or 20 seconds that they were hitting King with their clubs.

Truth is, King got what he deserved.

He did, in fact, lead the officers on a high speed chase through residential neighborhoods (the chase actually started on a freeway).

Also, there were two other men in the car with King, both black. The difference between the other two men and King is that they did as they were told... and the cops never touched them.

King was a drug addict, and his behavior during the stop was erratic and unpredictable. He actually rushed the officers in an attempt to take THEM down. That's when the officers defended themselves and took King's a$$ down. They thought he under the influence of angel dust or some other powerful drug. (King's buddies who were with him thought so to).

I think any reasonable jurist who saw the entire video of the police stop would have acquitted the officers. I would have acquitted them in about 20 minutes. The actual jury took a long time, but came to the same conclusion.

I remember when the story first aired on 60 minutes (yeah, I watched the show back then). They aired the same 20 seconds that the network news aired. I think at least a year or so went by before I ever saw more of the video besides the beating part.

So it wasn't just the dangerous high speed chase that led the police to do what they did, it was King's behavior after he was pulled over.

Fifty three people were killed in the riots which started after the four officers were found not guilty in the first trial.

King lived long enough to see the Trayvon Martin incident. King drowned in a swimming pool in June of 2012... on August 23, 2012, King's autopsy results were released, stating he died of accidental drowning, and that alcohol, a lot of marijuana, cocaine and PCP were found in his blood and were contributing factors to his death at age 47. He left three daughters (not all from the same woman). He received several million dollars in damages from the trials, but it wasn't enough to turn his life around.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:11 AM   #473
janet42
Three's Company Fan!

George Zimmerman's best friend Frank Taffee now says that George Zimmerman is guilty. I think it's too little and too late.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1790043

The way things are going for George Zimmerman and Donald Sterling.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...s-adam-silver/

Thess songs might reflect their future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXJS1p8lNig

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCOS2vOxuXE
Old 05-28-2014, 12:16 AM   #474
gilligan123
Occasional Poster

The jury got this one right. Skittles is not a crime, hoodies are not a crime, following someone is not a crime, profiling is not a crime and defending yourself from death or great bodily harm is not a crime.

But assualt is a crime and that is what TM committed when he attacked GZ. Both people made bad choices but only trayvon broke any laws. No one ever says this but if Trayvon had stopped when John Good came out and told them to "knock it off" he would still be alive today.

TM would have likely been arrested, GZ would have likely been labeled a victim and none of us would know either of thier names.