Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Soaps Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Soaps
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

TVGN Adds Love Boat, Wings, Family Ties, and More; Hallmark's Lisa Whelchel/Kim Fields Movie Scores
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: FX, Includes 12-Day Simpsons Marathon on FXX; TCM Remembers James Garner
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC Networks; More Info on Apt. 23 on Logo, With 8 Unaired Episodes
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC; Entourage Coming to VH1 Classic
Summer 2014 Week 7 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Continues to Lead in Emmy Nominations; WKRP and Wonder Years DVD Updates
Blog Book Review - George Burns Television Productions: The Series and Pilots, 1950-1981; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 14, 2014)
The 66th Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Hallmark Channel at 2014 TCA Summer Press Tour
Sean Hayes Joining The Millers; Remembering Bob Hastings of McHale's Navy
Hallmark Movie Channel Rebranding to Hallmark Movies & Mysteries; Disney Orders Second Season of Sitcom I Didn't Do It
'60s Batman Now on IFC; Wayans Brothers to Reunite in NJ

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

TV Michelle Stafford on her "Y&R" Exit

Report: Michelle Stafford Exits "Y&R"
by Kimberly Roots
5/20/13

Michelle Stafford is leaving CBS’ "The Young and the Restless", E! reports.

The multiple Daytime Emmy winner has played the soap’s Phyllis, off and on, since 1994.

Stafford’s exit comes not long after "Y&R" vet Jeanne Cooper’s death in early May; the drama will air a tribute to the Chancellor matriarch on May 28.

Stafford recently shot a retrospective video in honor of her show’s 40th anniversary.

http://tvline.com/2013/05/20/the-you...fford-leaving/
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG : 08-01-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
HuntingtonM15
Everlasting 4/8

Awful news. Michelle has been one of the only solid things about the show for quite a while. As predicted, Jill Farren Phelps has ripped this show apart in no time at all.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
mets82

I think there could be more to this. Even though I'm not a big Phyllis fan, she is very good on Y&R.

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:09 AM   #4
80sTrivia
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Soothsayer

Bad news for the show. Michelle always delivers with every scene she is in and the show will suffer from her loss...

Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book

The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

Not good for the show at all.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
Sterling Holobyte

Well, that sucks. Phyllis has always added a touch of fire and good humor to the show. I always liked her. Well, not always liked some things the character did, but always liked Michelle's acting on the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonM15
As predicted, Jill Farren Phelps has ripped this show apart in no time at all.
I'm a little foggy on the ins and outs on the show anymore; who is Jill Phelps and what is her role in this? Executive producer?

---------------------------------------------------
Yoda: "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."

My 2nd First Blog:http://saturdaymorningfunnies.wordpress.com/
Old 06-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
schmave
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Holobyte
Well, that sucks. Phyllis has always added a touch of fire and good humor to the show. I always liked her. Well, not always liked some things the character did, but always liked Michelle's acting on the show.

I'm a little foggy on the ins and outs on the show anymore; who is Jill Phelps and what is her role in this? Executive producer?

What?? Why? She is one of the rocks on the show. Granted the psycho act with Avery has gotten very, very old, but still, overall she's a solid character who is one of the bases of the show.
I wonder if her exit will be in the wake of this whole paternity storyline. It almost has to be.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Exclusive: Michelle Stafford Dishes Her Exit from "The Young and the Restless"
Aug 1, 2013
by Michael Logan

TV Guide Magazine scored an exclusive one-on-one with the lady herself, who tells us why she has chosen to exit her crazy-popular role as Y&R's Phyllis (her last airdate is Friday, Aug. 2) and why her millions of disappointed fans shouldn't be hating the powers that be.

Let's talk about your departure from Y&R. Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night wondering, "What the hell have I done?"

Not at all, but I do wake up going, "Wow. It's really, really over. I'm not on the show anymore! I'm not Phyllis!" It's been 15 years of my life, so it's wild. I don't have regrets because it was a very thought-out decision, not based on any kind of emotion, and a decision that took me a couple of years to reach. It wasn't a "F--k you guys!" sort of thing.

Not at all! I don't feel comfortable divulging all of my many personal reasons for leaving the show, but I've been very honest with the people at Y&R and with the fans that there is no malice, no anger involved.

Yet many of your followers don't want to believe that. They want to blame your exit on [exec producer] Jill Phelps or [head writer] Josh Griffith. And some think you're being punished for leaving, which is why Phyllis was put into a rather anticlimactic coma.

My going had nothing to do with Jill and Josh. You don't leave a show you love after 15 years because of one person, or two people. At least I don't. That just doesn't make sense. But, if people are pissed, I can see why they might find Jill and Josh an easy target. Nobody should be mad at them. And I am not being punished with the way they wrote out Phyllis!

When I spoke to them about my decision to leave, I did say that I thought it would be a mistake to kill Phyllis. And they were very funny about it. "If we say we're going to kill her, will that make you stay?" [Laughs] A little blackmail! I like that they have kept this role open and I totally support the idea of a recast. Phyllis is way too important of a character to let her go away just because I'm leaving the show.

So, no, I'm not being punished. Executives and writers just don't think that way. They've been very kind, and for the fans to think otherwise is just not right. Why is it so hard to accept that I just want to go? I'm an actor. We want to do lots of things. [Laughs] And if I fall on my ass with The Stafford Project, I want to really fall on my ass!

You know, it's kind of unnatural to be an actor on a soap and pretend to be another person for so many years. You're making out with men. You're rolling around naked in bed. Who else has a job like that? [Laughs] Only a whore! Soaps are a great job but you find so many soap actors turning into their characters.

It's a lot of intensity. That's why jumping into this comedy web world is so exciting for me now. People don't think someone who's been on a soap for 15 years can do comedy. The very least that can happen with this is that somebody somewhere out there thinks I'm funny and that's good enough for me.

Well, we're going to miss you madly on Y&R but can't wait to see more of The Stafford Project and whatever else the future holds for you.

Thanks! Yeah, who knows what's next? [Laughs] Hopefully, it's not me working at The Cheesecake Factory!

* Stafford's new comedy webseries 'The Stafford Project' (MichelleStafford.com) debuts Aug. 5 and skewers reality TV, Hollywood agents and even Stafford's own adorably sad love life.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Michelle...s-1068694.aspx