Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Hazel links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Hazel Photo Gallery

Hazel - The Complete First Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete First Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Second Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Third Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Fifth and Final Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Fifth and Final Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Hazel
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
Hazel Anyday
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Back to the Old Neighborhood For Hazel & Old Maids

I watch Hazel every weekday morn. with breakfast (I esp. love when Hazel just happens to be serving breakfast too as I'm eating mine!) One day I had blueberry pancakes and coincidentally Hazel served blueberry pancakes that day to Mr. B & family too, the excitement was almost too much. (Kidding, but it was a good feeling.) Well, anyway I've now reached the 5th season shows again and today in "$285 By Saturday" if you look real closely as Hazel and her gang of maid bitty's go around from house to house loading up their truck with neighborhood furniture the houses they stop in front of are Mr. Wilson's driveway and the white house next door they also stop at the original Hazel house now with a bunch of small windows in front of it. The stone front work is still there but hidden from the frame of the picture, also hidden from frame is Mr. Wilson's house but it is his driveway and that white house on the left of Mr. Wilson's house is clearly in view.

Anyway this is the first time I noticed the old neighborhood houses in view in the 5th season shows. Though the park and the black rail surrounding the round middle ground/park area is visible in both Steve & George "neighborhoods". I think the Steve Baxter house must have been right down the street from the George Baxter house on the Columbia lot. I know that next door to the old Hazel house (on the right side) is the Bewitched house, this is where the widower man and his 3 kids lived in the b/w year and he and his daughter lived in the color years. Later Harry Knoll moved in there. Well, it was neat seeing the old Hazel house in the 5th season show.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
McGillicuddy

That's weird that Hazel walked up to that house as if she'd never been there before. I'm anxious for season 5 of Hazel to be released on DVD.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
TV Knowledge Fan

Default That "neighborhood block"....

....at the Columbia Ranch (now Warner Ranch) was always the same. It all depended on which side of the block the "action" was taking place. Incidentally, during the final season of "HAZEL", the interior of Steve Baxter's house was also utilized as Jeannie's "phantom house" in the "I DREAM OF JEANNIE" episode, "What House Across the Street?" [12/18/65]. And in a concurrent "HAZEL" episode, Tony Nelson's house was also seen as an "empty" home waiting to be sold...

Old 05-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

was the "FRIENDS" fountain ever used in any episodes of "BEWITCHED", "I DREAM OF JEANNIE", or "HAZEL"?

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
Old 06-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
storrs19
Forum Regular
B&W TV Lover

Send a message via ICQ to storrs19 Send a message via MSN to storrs19

That episode aired yesterday. Hazel sold Tony's house and it looked like the lady who played Tony's mother was also looking to buy said house but didn't. Small world isn't it?
Old 06-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #6
Kasey
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky
was the "FRIENDS" fountain ever used in any episodes of "BEWITCHED", "I DREAM OF JEANNIE", or "HAZEL"?
Not sure if it was the same fountain as I never watched Friends, but in the S3 episode of Bewitched where Samantha turns the man back into a frog, she twitches him into a fountain in the park on the Screen Gems lot in the opening scene.

Top 10 Shows I Want Completed on DVD: It's a Living, Alice, The Donna Reed Show, Phyllis, Petticoat Junction, My Three Sons, Murphy Brown, The Hogan Family, Julia, 227
Old 07-16-2013, 03:13 AM   #7
Hazel Anyday
Forum Regular

If it's the same fountain I think you're talking about (the one where Mr. Wilson fell in while filming a movie for Dennis' school project) then that fountain was also seen several times on Hazel too in addition to Bewitched. I believe I've also seen it in Gidget. As for it being in Friends?, I have no idea, never seen Friends, if it's newer than 1975, I haven't seen it. (Few exceptions, but mainly that's very true.)
Old 03-13-2014, 07:07 PM   #8
McGillicuddy

I watched episode "A lot to Remember", yesterday which also finds Hazel, along with Steve and Barbara, in the old neighborhood. They go to check out a lot of property, Hazel bought at an auction.

The Bewitched house is very visible across the street, along with George Baxter's garage.

In the first episode of the 5th season, Hazel claimed that it would take an hour to get to Steve Baxter's house from George Baxter's house.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:55 PM   #9
Hoagie78
Frequent Poster

The house Steve and Barbara lived in was also being used for the Screen Gems sitcom The Farmers Daughter starring Inger Stevens and William Windom. They would redress the set to appear different and shoot from different angles.

I noticed in the credits that Screen Gems sitcoms were using a set decorator named Louis Diage. I bet they worked his butt off the way he had to dress-and re-dress those sets for all the shows to look different and keep on schedule. I say he had some help and had to of made notes, took pictures to put everything back with the correct furniture etc...when the next show shot.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #10
Hazel Anyday
Forum Regular

Biggrin Deja Vu with the actors and houses, Best part of Classic TV

Almost as much fun as seeing the same character actors of the '60's appear in such a variety of TV shows such as Hazel, Twilight Zone, Perry Mason & western TV classics is seeing the same houses appear in various different Columbia shows. Makes it all kinda comfy. Gidget living in Hazel's house, the Johnsons living in Mr. Wilson's house, Darrin & Sam living in the Hazel next door neighbor widower's house (forget his name), Steve & Barbara living in the same house that Uncle Arthur & Endora would make appear and disappear on the Bewitched block and on an on, I love it.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:35 PM   #11
Hoagie78
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Anyday
Almost as much fun as seeing the same character actors of the '60's appear in such a variety of TV shows such as Hazel, Twilight Zone, Perry Mason & western TV classics is seeing the same houses appear in various different Columbia shows. Makes it all kinda comfy. Gidget living in Hazel's house, the Johnsons living in Mr. Wilson's house, Darrin & Sam living in the Hazel next door neighbor widower's house (forget his name), Steve & Barbara living in the same house that Uncle Arthur & Endora would make appear and disappear on the Bewitched block and on an on, I love it.

They also used Donna Reed's interior set for the Kravitz house on Bewitched, Dennis The Menace and I Dream Of Jeannie.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:22 PM   #12
Hazel Anyday
Forum Regular

Yes, I believe Donna Reed's house and Dennis The Menace's house are the exact same. At least from the outside it is.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:27 PM   #13
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!

^The things you learn from these boards. I love to find out trivia about the same houses used on different shows.

Please release the remaining seasons of The Beverly Hillbillies & Petticoat Junction