Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Default Hallmark removes Happy Days from the schedule

Not surprising at all from this joke of a cable network. More information can be found below

http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2013/0...-days-for.html
Old 04-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Default Hallmark cancelled Happy Days

I'm not surprised. They already ran through the entire 11 seasons TWICE in 4 months playing 6 episodes per day Mon-Fri. in sequential order. If the episodes were of DVD quality or at least not chopped apart I would have recorded them. The original air date episodes were a standard 25 minutes per episode (approx. without commercials give or take 1 minute on average) but on Hallmark they were so badly edited down to 18 minutes or less and juiced with commercial after commercial they were barely watchable. I HATE when network do that! Really disappointing too because I know the show like the back of my hand. So as I watched & waited for the punch line to be delivered only to be cut to commercial and return with a really funny scene deleted I get so angry!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman67

I'm not surprised. They already ran through the entire 11 seasons TWICE in 4 months playing 6 episodes per day Mon-Fri. in sequential order. If the episodes were of DVD quality or at least not chopped apart I would have recorded them. The original air date episodes were a standard 25 minutes per episode (approx. without commercials give or take 1 minute on average) but on Hallmark they were so badly edited down to 18 minutes or less and juiced with commercial after commercial they were barely watchable. I HATE when network do that! Really disappointing too because I know the show like the back of my hand. So as I watched & waited for the punch line to be delivered only to be cut to commercial and return with a really funny scene deleted I get so angry!

Well atleast they finished the cycle for HD, with Bob Newhart and MTM Hallmark yanked the shows off the schedule
Old 04-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Hallmark is just a waste of space anyways - the image quality of all their older shows is so bad it is unwatchable (and my vision stinks - its so bad even i can tell), and they butcher them up so much there isn't any point to watching them

- i like watching Happy Days on INSP - they seem to treat it a lot better.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #5
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyrob
Hallmark is just a waste of space anyways - the image quality of all their older shows is so bad it is unwatchable (and my vision stinks - its so bad even i can tell), and they butcher them up so much there isn't any point to watching them

- i like watching Happy Days on INSP - they seem to treat it a lot better.

Yes hallmark tore open the opening credits for Bob Newhart and I hope they don't pick up anymore shows I like
Old 04-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #6
wayne

why do those epsodes keep getting shorter and shorter? they have to make room for the commercials I know. It would be nice if some network like Nick or TVLAND could have their versions. besides the shows were on the same time as the Five on Foxnews.also maybe someone could put episodes on Youtube and we can watch them that way. we had several earlier but were deleted for some reason.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #7
mets82

In a way, I'm kind of glad Happy Days left the schedule. I mean they burned through the whole series wayy too fast. Not neccessary to do that. They could have put The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie, Happy Days and The Brady Bunch from 2-8pm. You could do 2 hrs. of The Waltons, 2hrs. of Little House on the Prairie, 1hr. of Happy Days and 1hr. of The Brady Bunch.

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:36 AM   #8
biffbronson

Location: In my dreams, back at age 15 in Erin Moran's bedroom in 1980, making passionate love...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Yes hallmark tore open the opening credits for Bob Newhart and I hope they don't pick up anymore shows I like

Question: Did Hallmark ever show the ep of The Bob Newhart Show when Cliff (The Peeper - Tom Poston) and Bob watch a Loyola of Chicago basketball game? I've been watching the series for so long on MeTV and it seems like they never show that episode...!

"For you are beautiful ~ And I have loved you dearly ~ More dearly than the spoken word can tell..."

"What's the word?" (Paul Martin) ~~ "I don't want money for nothing." (Timmy Martin) -- Lassie ROCKS! WORD UP

"It's just a dugout that my dad built... In case the reds decide to push the button down..."
Old 05-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #9
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffbronson
Question: Did Hallmark ever show the ep of The Bob Newhart Show when Cliff (The Peeper - Tom Poston) and Bob watch a Loyola of Chicago basketball game? I've been watching the series for so long on MeTV and it seems like they never show that episode...!

I heard ME-TV doesn't show the last season? I think Hallmark did air that ep
Old 05-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #10
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne
why do those epsodes keep getting shorter and shorter? they have to make room for the commercials I know. It would be nice if some network like Nick or TVLAND could have their versions. besides the shows were on the same time as the Five on Foxnews.also maybe someone could put episodes on Youtube and we can watch them that way. we had several earlier but were deleted for some reason.

It's a DISHONOR when they slice the show SO SHORT and rip it apart and juice them with so MANY commercials that you can barely watch the show like that. Equivalent to ripping the jewelery off the corpse and pawning it for a couple of bucks.

Better to remember Happy Days in it's uncut ENTIRETY that the fraction of the shell they air.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #11
DJM77

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
I heard ME-TV doesn't show the last season? I think Hallmark did air that ep

I think the episode in question is from either season 4 or 5. I know FamilyNet aired it.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #12
tiff7
wdwdisneylandnut4life

Send a message via AIM to tiff7 Send a message via Yahoo to tiff7

come back happy days!!!

http://www.myspace.com/wdwdancetwirlnut
http://www.twitter.com/wdwdisneyland7
Tiff Prendergast on Facebook
http://www.youtube.com/svhwdwnut