Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery


Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: More Cable, Crackle, Paramount Network and More
TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: Cable Roundup of IFC, AMC, Hallmark, Pop and More
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 15, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: American Dad Gets Two Season Renewal at TBS; New Details About Roseanne Reboot
Fri-Yay: What Does the Future Hold for Fox Sitcoms?; TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: TBS and HBO
Hulu Orders 2nd Season of Future Man; Michael J. Fox Heads Back to Politics on TV
TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: NBC; grown-ish Premieres Strong on Freeform
TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: ABC, Includes ABC 2018 Midseason Schedule; Goldbergs Spin-off Pilot Airs Jan. 24
TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: CBS, CW and Showtime; Remembering Jerry Van Dyke
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 8, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Pulls The Mayor; Hulu Adds 90s Animated Favorites
Fri-Yay: Brooklyn Nine-Nine Continues to Delight Five Seasons In; TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: Fox


New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
01/09 - Girlfriends - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,369
Default Hallmark removes Happy Days from the schedule

Not surprising at all from this joke of a cable network. More information can be found below

http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2013/0...-days-for.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz
 
antman67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 17, 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 537
Default Hallmark cancelled Happy Days


I'm not surprised. They already ran through the entire 11 seasons TWICE in 4 months playing 6 episodes per day Mon-Fri. in sequential order. If the episodes were of DVD quality or at least not chopped apart I would have recorded them. The original air date episodes were a standard 25 minutes per episode (approx. without commercials give or take 1 minute on average) but on Hallmark they were so badly edited down to 18 minutes or less and juiced with commercial after commercial they were barely watchable. I HATE when network do that! Really disappointing too because I know the show like the back of my hand. So as I watched & waited for the punch line to be delivered only to be cut to commercial and return with a really funny scene deleted I get so angry!
__________________
http://thefonz.webs.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman67

I'm not surprised. They already ran through the entire 11 seasons TWICE in 4 months playing 6 episodes per day Mon-Fri. in sequential order. If the episodes were of DVD quality or at least not chopped apart I would have recorded them. The original air date episodes were a standard 25 minutes per episode (approx. without commercials give or take 1 minute on average) but on Hallmark they were so badly edited down to 18 minutes or less and juiced with commercial after commercial they were barely watchable. I HATE when network do that! Really disappointing too because I know the show like the back of my hand. So as I watched & waited for the punch line to be delivered only to be cut to commercial and return with a really funny scene deleted I get so angry!



Well atleast they finished the cycle for HD, with Bob Newhart and MTM Hallmark yanked the shows off the schedule
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
robyrob
Moderator
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3
 
robyrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2003
Location: hiding under the third booth at Arnold's
Posts: 54,503
Default

Hallmark is just a waste of space anyways - the image quality of all their older shows is so bad it is unwatchable (and my vision stinks - its so bad even i can tell), and they butcher them up so much there isn't any point to watching them

- i like watching Happy Days on INSP - they seem to treat it a lot better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #5
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyrob
Hallmark is just a waste of space anyways - the image quality of all their older shows is so bad it is unwatchable (and my vision stinks - its so bad even i can tell), and they butcher them up so much there isn't any point to watching them

- i like watching Happy Days on INSP - they seem to treat it a lot better.

Yes hallmark tore open the opening credits for Bob Newhart and I hope they don't pick up anymore shows I like
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #6
wayne
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 03, 2000
Location: portland Oregon, Inspiration Point
Posts: 1,046
Default

why do those epsodes keep getting shorter and shorter? they have to make room for the commercials I know. It would be nice if some network like Nick or TVLAND could have their versions. besides the shows were on the same time as the Five on Foxnews.also maybe someone could put episodes on Youtube and we can watch them that way. we had several earlier but were deleted for some reason.
__________________
wayne's world
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #7
mets82
Senior Member
Member
 
mets82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 14, 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,542
Default

In a way, I'm kind of glad Happy Days left the schedule. I mean they burned through the whole series wayy too fast. Not neccessary to do that. They could have put The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie, Happy Days and The Brady Bunch from 2-8pm. You could do 2 hrs. of The Waltons, 2hrs. of Little House on the Prairie, 1hr. of Happy Days and 1hr. of The Brady Bunch.
__________________
http://www.superbowlgreatness.blogspot.com/

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:36 AM   #8
biffbronson
Senior Member
"My Three Sons" Fan
 
biffbronson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 22, 2009
Location: In my dreams, back at age 15 in Erin Moran's bedroom in 1980, making passionate love...
Posts: 3,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Yes hallmark tore open the opening credits for Bob Newhart and I hope they don't pick up anymore shows I like

Question: Did Hallmark ever show the ep of The Bob Newhart Show when Cliff (The Peeper - Tom Poston) and Bob watch a Loyola of Chicago basketball game? I've been watching the series for so long on MeTV and it seems like they never show that episode...!
__________________
In memory of lovely Erin Moran 1960-2017 ~ Missing you

"For you are beautiful ~ And I have loved you dearly ~ More dearly than the spoken word can tell..."

"What's the word?" (Paul Martin) ~~ "I don't want money for nothing." (Timmy Martin) -- Lassie ROCKS! WORD UP

"It's just a dugout that my dad built... In case the reds decide to push the button down..."
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #9
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffbronson
Question: Did Hallmark ever show the ep of The Bob Newhart Show when Cliff (The Peeper - Tom Poston) and Bob watch a Loyola of Chicago basketball game? I've been watching the series for so long on MeTV and it seems like they never show that episode...!


I heard ME-TV doesn't show the last season? I think Hallmark did air that ep
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #10
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz
 
antman67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 17, 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne
why do those epsodes keep getting shorter and shorter? they have to make room for the commercials I know. It would be nice if some network like Nick or TVLAND could have their versions. besides the shows were on the same time as the Five on Foxnews.also maybe someone could put episodes on Youtube and we can watch them that way. we had several earlier but were deleted for some reason.

It's a DISHONOR when they slice the show SO SHORT and rip it apart and juice them with so MANY commercials that you can barely watch the show like that. Equivalent to ripping the jewelery off the corpse and pawning it for a couple of bucks.

Better to remember Happy Days in it's uncut ENTIRETY that the fraction of the shell they air.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #11
DJM77
Senior Member
Member
 
DJM77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 15, 2001
Location: Missouri
Posts: 3,757
Send a message via ICQ to DJM77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
I heard ME-TV doesn't show the last season? I think Hallmark did air that ep

I think the episode in question is from either season 4 or 5. I know FamilyNet aired it.
__________________
Marge: There are only 49 stars on that flag.
Abe: I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missouri!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #12
tiff7
Senior Member
wdwdisneylandnut4life
 
tiff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2001
Location: Erie, IL
Posts: 1,960
Send a message via AIM to tiff7 Send a message via Yahoo to tiff7
Default

come back happy days!!!
__________________
Meet me @ Sweet Valley High

http://www.myspace.com/wdwdancetwirlnut
http://www.twitter.com/wdwdisneyland7
Tiff Prendergast on Facebook
http://www.youtube.com/svhwdwnut
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.