Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #16
*ROGER*
Banned!!
Banned

Jodi Arias Sentencing Postponed

Will Jodi Arias get the death sentence she seems to hope for? Arias, who was convicted of first-degree murder on Wednesday, won't be sentenced until next week. The jury was supposed to decide Thursday whether she is eligible for the death penalty for killing her boyfriend in 2008, but have postponed the decision until Wednesday. After her guilty verdict was read, Arias told a local television station that she would "prefer to die sooner than later."
Old 05-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #17
*ROGER*
Banned!!
Banned

Default Jury: Jodi Arias was 'especially cruel'

After deliberating for an hour and 33 minutes, an Arizona jury has found Jodi Arias guilty of being "especially cruel" when she murdered her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander.

Arias did not seem to react to verdict, and did not shed a tear. Arias' life is still hanging in the balance as the trial moves into the final stage, the sentencing phase.

During the sentencing phase, the jury will deliberate a third time on whether Arias will receive the death penalty.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #18
DVDLover
Banned!!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ROGER*
After deliberating for an hour and 33 minutes, an Arizona jury has found Jodi Arias guilty of being "especially cruel" when she murdered her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander.

Arias did not seem to react to verdict, and did not shed a tear. Arias' life is still hanging in the balance as the trial moves into the final stage, the sentencing phase.

During the sentencing phase, the jury will deliberate a third time on whether Arias will receive the death penalty.

They need to decide already and get it over with
Old 05-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #19
*ROGER*
Banned!!
Banned

Default Jodi Arias trial: Victim’s siblings give teary statements

Steven and Samantha Alexander brought jurors to tears on Thursday as they described how the murder of their ‘bulletproof’ brother, Travis Alexander, tore them apart. The panel will decide whether Jodi Arias will face the death penalty or life in prison for killing her ex-lover.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...#ixzz2TVYhdkHW
Old 05-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #20
*ROGER*
Banned!!
Banned

PHOENIX – Jodi Arias begged jurors Tuesday to give her life in prison, saying she "lacked perspective" when she told a local reporter in an interview that she preferred execution to spending the rest of her days in jail.

Standing confidently but at times her voice breaking, Arias told the same eight men and four women who found her guilty of first-degree murder that she planned to use her time in prison to bring about positive changes, including donating her hair to be made into wigs for cancer victims, helping establish prison recycling programs and designing T-shirts that would raise money for victims of domestic abuse.

She also said she could run book clubs and teach classes to prisoners to "stimulate conversations of a higher nature."

Arias became emotional as she played a slideshow of pictures from her photo album for the jury. The images included family portraits, pictures of her and friends and boyfriends and young relatives she has met only from behind bars.

Arias concluded her statement by pleading that jurors not give her the death penalty for the sake of her family.

"I'm asking you to please, please don't do that to them. I've already hurt them so badly, along with so many other people," she said. "I want everyone's healing to begin, and I want everyone's pain to stop."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/21...#ixzz2TyTp6qk3
Old 05-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #21
Vahan

I have been watching coverage of this on HLN.

I am praying the jury doesn't get swayed by her, like the Florida jury did with Casey Anthony. I do not think Arizona is stupid enough to be swayed by her, like Florida was with Casey.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #22
*ROGER*
Banned!!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahan
I have been watching coverage of this on HLN.

I am praying the jury doesn't get swayed by her, like the Florida jury did with Casey Anthony. I do not think Arizona is stupid enough to be swayed by her, like Florida was with Casey.
The Arizona jury has already proved that they are a hell of a lot smarter than the morons in the Casey Anthony jury. The Arizona jury already handed down a guilty verdict, and they found that Juan Martinez proved extreme cruelty.

Jodi Arias was pathetic today.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #23
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Not many people can vote to have a woman executed, although I hope they do in this case. She has no redeeming qualities, and her crime was quite barbaric.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #24
*ROGER*
Banned!!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Not many people can vote to have a woman executed, although I hope they do in this case. She has no redeeming qualities, and her crime was quite barbaric.
It could happen. It's happened before with this prosecutor Juan Martinez. A few years ago, he prosecuted a woman named Wendi Andriano who was also a mother. He got a guilty conviction and she was sentenced to death. She bludgeoned her terminally ill husband. So if Juan could get her a death sentence, I'm sure he could get one for Jodi Arias. And no, there are no redeeming qualities to Jodi Arias. I hope she does get the death penalty. If she got life in prison, she could adapt. Psychopaths could adapt to anything.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #25
Vahan

This is just pathetic. How the jury could not come to a decision yet is way beyond me.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #26
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

I'm trying to stay away from cases like this, honestly.

Arias was indeed, to all appearances, an awful, awful person. I think she's mentally ill personally, though I do not think that absolves her of her crime (it might help to explain it though). I just get worn out by the depression and sadness and anger that's always associated with these things. They're all hyped to death by the media (why do most of them involve an attractive young woman, by the way? Something tells me that if the defendant was an overweight 59 year old truck driver and the victim were his equally overweight and elderly wife, there wouldn't be nearly as much interest).

I watched the O.J. trial for a year and came to the conclusion that nearly everyone in Hollywood is a vain, self serving egomaniac, and that the legal "profession" is just as bad.

'No thanks' to anymore of these.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #27
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

I am just so sick and tired of this woman - period!!!

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 05-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #28
*ROGER*
Banned!!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
I am just so sick and tired of this woman - period!!!
She needs to be put down like a rabid dog.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #29
Vahan

No Unanimous Agreement, according to HLN.

Pathetic. How is it hard to make the decision to give her the death penalty? Even I could do it if I was on that same jury!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #30
*ROGER*
Banned!!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahan
No Unanimous Agreement, according to HLN.

Pathetic. How is it hard to make the decision to give her the death penalty? Even I could do it if I was on that same jury!
Right now, Nancy Grace is really pissed off on HLN. She says the verdict is NO VERDICT! Now an entire new jury has to decide this bitch's fate and that won't be for a while.