Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Hot in Cleveland links at Sitcoms Online / Hot in Cleveland Photo Gallery

Hot in Cleveland - Season One

Buy Hot in Cleveland - Season One on DVD
Hot in Cleveland - Season Two

Buy Hot in Cleveland - Season Two on DVD
Hot in Cleveland - Season Three

Buy Hot in Cleveland - Season Three on DVD
Hot in Cleveland - Season Four

Buy Hot in Cleveland - Season Four on DVD
Hot in Cleveland - Season Five

Buy Hot in Cleveland - Season Five on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2010s Sitcoms > Hot in Cleveland
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

TV Mary Tyler Moore, Valerie Harper and Cloris Leachman To Guest on "Hot in Cleveland"

Big "Mary Tyler Moore" Reunion on "Hot in Cleveland": Moore, Valerie Harper & Cloris Leachman Join Betty White & Georgia Engel
by NELLIE ANDREEVA
Thursday March 21, 2013

The ladies of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" are back together on a sitcom stage. I’ve learned that Mary Tyler Moore, Valerie Harper and Cloris Leachman will join their "MTM" co-stars Betty White and Georgia Engel in an episode of White’s TV Land comedy series "Hot in Cleveland", on which Engel has been recurring.

For Harper, the guest stint follows her recent announcement that she has a terminal brain cancer.

In the "Hot in Cleveland" episode, which tapes April 5, I hear Elka (White) and Mamie Sue (Engel) decide to get their bowling team, named GLOB: The Gorgeous Ladies of Bowling, back together.

They reunite with former team members Diane (Moore), Peg (Leachman) and Angie (Harper). The quintet had a falling-out after their championship season went to their heads.

This is believed to be the first time the five former castmates will act in front of a camera since taping the "MTM" finale in 1977. It’s also Moore’s second visit to "Cleveland" — she previously played Elka’s cellmate in a Season 2 episode.

Shows like "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" paved the way for female driven comedies like "Hot in Cleveland". "Hot in Cleveland", toplined by White, Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick, returns for its summer season with a live episode June 19.

The series was just renewed for a fifth season, bringing its order to 104 episodes.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/hot-...oris-leachman/
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2013, 03:22 AM   #2
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Thumbs up

I'm so happy that they are doing this!!!!

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 03-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #3
McGillicuddy

I just got up from bed! Am I dreaming???!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
Leigh Ann

Send a message via AIM to Leigh Ann

I can't wait!!!

Niles & Daphne =

Precious Memories

Win Free Stuff!!

Gone, but not forgotten:

RIP my grandmother 1926-2013

RIP Joe Conley (Ike Godsey) 1928-2013

RIP Frank Bank (Lumpy Rutherford) 1942-2013

RIP Andy Griffith: 1926-2012

RIP Larry Hagman: 1931-2012

RIP Neal Cassidy (Once Upon a Time)
Old 03-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #5
Mr. Drucker
Forum Regular

This news is absolutley wonderful except I hope I can keep my heart and mind on Harper's performance instead of dwelling on her currently ailing health.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Drucker
This news is absolutley wonderful except I hope I can keep my heart and mind on Harper's performance instead of dwelling on her currently ailing health.
I know - I feel the same way.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #7
Marvo301
Forum Veteran
I'm NOT a Blockhead!

Cool

How cool that Val gets to have this reunion with her TMTMS castmates. I wish they could find a way to include Ed and Gavin as well!

A life isn't worth living unless it has impact on other lives. Jackie Robinson

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin
Old 03-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #8
MacLeaper
Child of the 80s

Very nice to hear. I love The Mary Tyler Moore Show and this sounds like it will be fun and cool to see. And definitely very nice to do this while Valerie Harper is still healthy enough to join in.
"Ha, I kill me!" - ALF
"I am The Way, The Truth and The Life. No man comes to The Father but by Me."- Jesus Christ (John 14:6)
Old 03-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #9
McGillicuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
I know - I feel the same way.
I thought it was going to be hard to watch Valerie on The Doctors, where she was so candid about her diagnosis. But it turned out she was so awe-inspiring and positive. She says "don't go to the funeral, until the funeral!"
Old 03-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #10
McGillicuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvo301
How cool that Val gets to have this reunion with her TMTMS castmates. I wish they could find a way to include Ed and Gavin as well!

It wouldn't surprise me all that much if they got Ed and Gavin to make surprise cameo-appearences at the bowling alley!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #11
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Definitely!! Add Ed and Gavin!! Gavin's never been on HiC. Call his agent ASAP!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:43 AM   #12
Family Ties Forever!

So cool.

Quote:
http://www.theimproper.com/film/8061...hot-cleveland/

Valerie Harper, Mary Tyler Moore Girls Reunite on Hot in Cleveland
Harper Recently Diagnosed With Terminal Brain Cancer
By TheImproper, March 22nd, 2013

Valerie Harper, recently diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, will have one more fling with the girls from her old “Mary Tyler Moore Show” days. She’ll co-star with Moore and Cloris Leachman on “Hot In Cleveland,” joining MTM alums Betty White and Georgia Engel. White and Engel star on the show along with Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick. The hit TV Land sitcom is entering its fifth season. The show focuses on three past their-prime entertainers (Bertinelli, Leeves, Malick) and the whip-smart, wisecracking caretaker (White). They end up in Cleveland by accident and put down roots there.

Moore, 76, Leachman and Harper, 73, will play old friends of White’s character, who had a falling out over their bowling prowess, according to deadlinehollywood. The former teammates, who named their team GLOB, The Gorgeous Ladies of Bowling, reunite and try to put their differences behind them. The episode will tape April 5, and hopefully Harper’s health will hold up. She recently revealed that she is suffering from a largely untreatable brain cancer, known as leptomeningeal carcinomatosis. She has as little as three months to live, she said, revealing her doctors’ prognosis.

Harper’s breakout role came on the Maryland Tyler Moore show. She spun off her character into her own sitcom called “Rhoda.” The show was based on her Moore character, Rhoda Morgenstern, a spunky Jewish Yenta. Her show, which aired from 1974 to 1978 won two Golden Globes and two Emmys. The five women have not appeared together on television since the Mary Tyler Moore finale in 1977, according to deadline. “Hot in Cleveland’s” fifth season premieres June 19. Check out a trailer below and be sure to follow TheImproper on Twitter for all the latest television updates.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:00 AM   #13
MyMovieRomance
Frequent Poster
Lucy & Viv forever! <3

This is fantastic news! And, like others, I am hoping that Ed and Gavin make guest appearances as-well.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #14
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

"Mary Tyler Moore Show" Cast Reminisces at Lively Reunion
4/5/2013
by Kimberly Nordyke

It was mostly laughter -- and only a few tears -- when the cast of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" reunited Thursday at the CBS Radford lot in Studio City to reminisce about their show and discuss their upcoming on-air reunion in TV Land's "Hot in Cleveland".

Mary Tyler Moore, Valerie Harper and Cloris Leachman will join "Cleveland" star Betty White and recurring actress Georgia Engel in the Sept. 4 episode, appropriately titled 'Love Is All Around' (that, of course, also was the title of "Mary Tyler Moore's" theme song).

It marks the first time all five women have acted together since their 1970-77 series went off the air.

Though they have kept in touch over the years, the quintet also hasn't been together in the same place since the 2012 SAG Awards, where Moore was honored with a career achievement award.

Asked whether there was more tears or laughter while they've been shooting "Cleveland", Harper replied: "I would say laughter, and the tears come up, and they’re part of the laughter. Did you ever laugh 'til you cried? That's been happening a lot. And the remembrances and the stories -- it's been wonderful, so full of life and joy and fun."

"And heartbreak, and sadness, and loneliness, and torment…," quipped Leachman to laughs.

Indeed, the actresses kept the throng of reporters, camera operators and publicists entertained throughout Thursday's press conference. The vibe was upbeat and positive, with the cast's chemistry clearly on display. Moore noted that they picked up right where they left off as if no time had passed.

"Even though we are playing different people, we are still ourselves, and no matter where you put us, we will continue to be ourselves and interact as only you can when you've been together for a long, long time," she said.

Added White: "We're grateful for the fact that we love each other. We've always gotten along. It would be different if it were one of those shows where we don't speak. That wouldn't have been any fun."

The episode finds Elka (White) and Mamie Sue (Engel) deciding to get their bowling team -- named GLOB: the Gorgeous Ladies of Bowling -- back together. The team, which also includes, Diane (Moore), Peg (Leachman) and Angie (Harper), had a falling-out decades earlier after their championship season went to their heads.

Asked what motivated the group to reunite, Leachman quipped: "It wasn't the money."

The idea of the reunion came about through the "Cleveland" staff, and it was suggested that the first one to sign on was Moore, who said she was "thrilled" to do it. (She previously appeared in a season two episode of Cleveland as Elka's cellmate.)

While their former co-stars Gavin MacLeod and Ed Asner were available to be a part of the reunion, Harper joked that the "Cleveland" writers wanted to keep the reunion "really high estrogen."

Meanwhile, Harper also addressed her recent revelation that she has terminal brain cancer during the event. She said she's gotten an "overwhelming" amount of support from fans in the form of letters, gifts and blankets as well as remedies.

"Some are a little questionable, but it comes from a good place," she said, noting that she's hoping to respond to everyone who reached out. As for her condition, "I don't have a lot of bad symptoms. Maybe down the road, but I'm not thinking about down the road; I'm thinking about today and getting my lines right."

She added that while her doctor told her she has only several months to live, she believes that it's impossible for anyone to accurately predict such a thing. "Every experience is different," she said.

Moore teared up once, when asked what her favorite scene with Harper was. She noted that anytime they were filming together, they had a shorthand.

"We look into each other's eyes and would be comforting and uplifting for each other," she said.

For her part, Harper said Moore often would graciously tell the writers to give jokes to Harper if she felt they would be better for her character.

Meanwhile, Moore admitted that it makes her sad that her she isn't able to see her former co-stars, as well as the cast and crew, more often.

"It makes me feel, well, why don't I have this in my current life?" she said. "Where are all these friends and buddies and co-workers and people who loved each other? Why aren't they around?"

At one point, the topic came around to the state of comedy today and the impact of their show on TV, with Moore noting that the "Mary Tyler Moore" writers were able to explore topics that hadn't already "been seen hundreds of times."

Harper also noted the writing on was held up to a high standard.

"Our writers wrote high-class comedy," she said. "They didn't throw a character overboard for a cheap joke, boobs and ass. They never went over the line."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ow-cast-433174
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2013, 04:06 AM   #15
Family Ties Forever!

They reunited on Katie, but I missed the interview.