Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-20-2017, 12:04 PM   #31
Flying Dutchman

Cyber stalking can get out of control, and in many cases does. I remember reading this case years back when AOL chat rooms were the thing, about a business man from Chicago who got into an argument online in a political chat room with a guy in England about the former PM, Tony Blair. The English guy totally supported Blair and this guy from Chicago was pointing out Blair's faults, which were many, and this Blair supporter completely went psycho on this guy in Chicago, threatening him and warning him he was gonna make his life miserable, and he did. This psycho got this American guys email address and other personal info, including work info, sending lewd and nasty emails to his friends insulting them all, and his family members too, who thought it was this guy in Chicago sending them. Just over a disagreement, this guy in England, made this Chicago guys life hard for several months, and eventually got him fired from his job. The Chicago guy tried to get AOL to do something, and they didn't. He kept riding AOL to get this British guys info for him, but AOL still did nothing, saying this guy in England's had his rights too. Finally, the Chicago guy, sued AOL, won a settlement. He bribed an AOL employee to get this British guys personal info. He checked it over and over to make sure it was the right guy, and it turns out it was, and used that info to find this guy in England. He went to the British guys home, and shot him in the head in front of his wife. The Chicago guy was awaiting trial at the time I read this story, so I don't know what came of it, as I never heard anything about it again. So yes. Cyber stalking can get out of control.

Last edited by Flying Dutchman : 02-25-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:36 PM   #32
Furienna

Ouch!

Well, I got a mild case of a cyber stalker on IMDB several years back. There were plenty of trolls on the Michael Jackson board there, but this guy went further than the others: He followed me to several other boards on IMDB, only to annoy me. He harassed me in threads about movies and TV shows, which had nothing to do with whatever I originally had discussed with him... I did my best to ignore him, but he still continued this long enough to make other people sense what was going on. Luckily though, he stopped his shenanigans after a while. (I wonder if his troll posts weren't removed by the administrators too.) And I don't believe that he followed me outside IMDB, thank goodness.

Last edited by Furienna : 03-02-2017 at 02:07 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:53 PM   #33
Flying Dutchman

Isn't it so so brave of them top hide behind their computers and harass people? Most times I bet they are nothing more than coward losers that have no life and nothing better to do, and wouldn't have the guts to do anything to your face.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:54 PM   #34
Katinah123
Frequent Poster

Oh, I definitely agree. Before the IMDB message boards folded, she followed me over here and made fun of the fact that I'd been posting somewhere else. Since then, I've been free of her--the first time in over 6 months!
Old 03-05-2017, 11:05 PM   #35
Furienna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dutchman
Isn't it so so brave of them top hide behind their computers and harass people? Most times I bet they are nothing more than coward losers that have no life and nothing better to do, and wouldn't have the guts to do anything to your face.
Indeed. They might call you a loser, but who is the one acting like a bully behind their computer screen?

Unfortunately, I have myself given too many people like that too much of my time over the years. Because I want to defend myself and my opinions, and it often takes me a while to see if I can reason with people or not. But I've had to leave a few forums over the years, when I have come to realize that there's no use in even trying to have a proper conversation with some people.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:22 PM   #36
julian bozo

I thought you were talking about these trolls.
Attached Images

Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 PM   #37
Furienna

I wish they were that kind of troll.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:44 PM   #38
Lee
veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dutchman
Cyber stalking can get out of control, and in many cases does. I remember reading this case years back when AOL chat rooms were the thing, about a business man from Chicago who got into an argument online in a political chat room with a guy in England about the former PM, Tony Blair. The English guy totally supported Blair and this guy from Chicago was pointing out Blair's faults, which were many, and this Blair supporter completely went psycho on this guy in Chicago, threatening him and warning him he was gonna make his life miserable, and he did. This psycho got this American guys email address and other personal info, including work info, sending lewd and nasty emails to his friends insulting them all, and his family members too, who thought it was this guy in Chicago sending them. Just over a disagreement, this guy in England, made this Chicago guys life hard for several months, and eventually got him fired from his job. The Chicago guy tried to get AOL to do something, and they didn't. He kept riding AOL to get this British guys info for him, but AOL still did nothing, saying this guy in England's had his rights too. Finally, the Chicago guy, sued AOL, won a settlement. He bribed an AOL employee to get this British guys personal info. He checked it over and over to make sure it was the right guy, and it turns out it was, and used that info to find this guy in England. He went to the British guys home, and shot him in the head in front of his wife. The Chicago guy was awaiting trial at the time I read this story, so I don't know what came of it, as I never heard anything about it again. So yes. Cyber stalking can get out of control.

Of course, I cannot condone the course of action that the Chicago man ultimately took-2 wrongs do not make a right-but in a sense the Englishman was tempting fate when he began attacking the other man, costing him his friends, his family and eventually his job. The poor man apparently just snapped.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:11 PM   #39
Furienna

And that man was also was a really sick person even by internet troll standard. They all seem to be pathetic jerks, who should get a life doing something other than bullying other people. Most of them can't harm you though if you leave the site and never return. But this person was a dangerous stalker rather than just a nasty but mostly harmless troll.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:32 AM   #40
Lee
veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I've lost count of the fools here who have used aliases to try to drive me crazy. There's plenty I don't know about, I'm sure.

You never can know who to trust anymore. Once, you even suspected me
of having another account on here and using it to troll on here and it
temporarily caused problems between us until you found out it was Wreckless using one of many aliases-I hold no ill will toward you on that account. You were doing a fine job as moderator, like you always do, my friend.