Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #61
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

Congrats! I am glad someone knew!

Filmaf ~ Twitter ~ Last.FM
Old 06-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #62
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixieTreasure
Yeah! Okay everyone, I finally found out who this guy is!!! I just got an email from a very nice gentleman who lives in Melbourne Australia. He actually saw my question on the TV.com Happy Days Forum ( not the one from here), and he replied on the forum, plus emailed me. The guy who I'm been trying to find out is Mickey Wheatley and he was born in June of 1955. He was an attorney for many years, and is an activist in the gay and lesbian rights movements. In 2005, he was in a horrible motorcycle accident which almost took his life. So he is now disabled and retired. He has a Face Book Page. Just look up the name MICKEY WHEATLEY on Face book, OR, do a Google Search, and his name will show up.

I am just SO elated to finally know the answer to my question! And of course I emailed the gentleman to thank him for the info!

Just wanted to let you all know! Thanks again to all of you who tried to help!
Kathy

How or who got Michael Dennise Wagner (shown below)

from MICKEY WHEATLEY ??
Talk about swing and a miss from the credit department on the Happy Days show. WOW! Here he is: https://www.facebook.com/mickeyjwheatley
Very little info on his FB page though
Old 06-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #63
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman67

from MICKEY WHEATLEY ??
Talk about swing and a miss from the credit department on the Happy Days show. WOW! Here he is: https://www.facebook.com/mickeyjwheatley

I guess it really depends on what you mean by very little. If you go to his FB page, and click on 'ABOUT', and then at the bottom of that, click on, 'SEE ALL', it does share when his birthday is, where he lives, what he did for a living, what happened to him in 2005, and things that he's involved in. Ironically, his profile picture( the one with him in the bathroom at Arnolds), he shared it on his FB page right about the same time I started my search for him. I think it was back in March. He has 2 pictures that he shares with the public, and the one with him in the bathroom, he actually has several of his friends commenting on that picture.

Anyway, like I said, I'm just really glad to finally find him, and I have that gentleman from Melbourne Australia to thank for that!!!

Kathy
Old 06-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #64
cleverfun3000

i think i liked it better NOT knowing who he is or what happened to him. Sometimes solving a mystery is no where near as exciting as the mystery itself.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #65
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverfun3000
i think i liked it better NOT knowing who he is or what happened to him. Sometimes solving a mystery is no where near as exciting as the mystery itself.

I understand what you're saying, and normally I would agree with you. But I'm thinking of it differently. I'm glad to find out who he is and what he's been doing with his life since Happy Days. After all, that's the reason why I started the thread. I wanted to get some info on him. Of course I didn't know until now what kind of life he had lead after Happy Days, but since I couldn't find anything on him, I just pretty much thought that he was either dead, or he had just blended in with the rest of society. But to find out that he went to law school and became an attorney, is, to me anyway, quite an accomplishment. It's an accomplishment for anyone who does that. He's definitely has had a pretty interesting life. More interesting than mine, LOL!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #66
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Quote:
I guess it really depends on what you mean by very little. If you go to his FB page, and click on 'ABOUT', and then at the bottom of that, click on, 'SEE ALL', it does share when his birthday is, where he lives, what he did for a living, what happened to him in 2005, and things that he's involved in. Ironically, his profile picture( the one with him in the bathroom at Arnolds), he shared it on his FB page right about the same time I started my search for him. I think it was back in March. He has 2 pictures that he shares with the public, and the one with him in the bathroom, he actually has several of his friends commenting on that picture.

Anyway, like I said, I'm just really glad to finally find him, and I have that gentleman from Melbourne Australia to thank for that!!!

Kathy

oops! your right. on FB go to his page, click on about, but what I didn't see was click on (SEE ALL) for more:
About Mickey
Same Old Me
Queer man; Gay man
The Newest Me
Moved to Phuket, Thailand about seven years ago to open a restaurant with my Thai boyfriend. Just before we were ready to open, on December 9, 2005, I had a serious motorcycle accident that almost killed me from bleeding in my brain. I was unconscious for six weeks. Couldn't walk at all for six months. Was pretty much in bed watching TV during those last years. I have lost about 98% of my senses of taste and smell. In the last yearish, I've begun exercising again, now bike ride almost daily with my buddy, Maeo.

Wish there were more pix of him though.....

I think we had more fun trying to solve the mystery, then when the illusion was revealed we lost all our steam. He gave a wonderful treasure hunt I will say.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #67
GrtGzu
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman67

from MICKEY WHEATLEY ??

I wonder if he just used a "stage name" so he could be a member of the actors union?
Old 06-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #68
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Here is more information that I have obtained through the gentleman from Australia:
He wrote, " When I get a bit of time, I am going to go through my files and give you the names of the 'background stock company' of actors. One particular episode that I remember where I learned their names (as many were uncredited), is 'The Graduation Part 2' from the 4th season. When Dick Van Patten calls out the names of the grad recipients at the ceremony, it is the real names of those uncredited actors. I'll get back to you on this".
------------------------------------------------------------------

He also went on to say that when doing a Google search, he came across this article: ( this was from some time ago)

"Gay Civil Right Attorney Mickey Wheatley advised Gregory never to speak with me alone, so nearly all of our conversations over the last few weeks were mediated by Wheatley. The 41 year old lawyer grew up in Los Angeles and was, oddly enough, a bit regular on Happy Days--he played one of the kids who hung out a Arnold's all of the time. Since then, he has represented more than 30 alleged victims of sexual harassment and has also worked with national gay-rights groups. Quoted as saying, "Before I had even passed the bar, I was doing { media** interviews", he brags. More recently, his name has surfaced in the gay press because he's representing a group of D.C. gay bars charged with sex violations".
Old 09-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #69
cgcmgr
Occasional Poster

I know this thread is old, but I saw something very interesting today while watching Happy Days. In the episode The Graduation Part 2, when the diplomas are being handed out, "Your Guy" is handed his diploma and the Assistant Principal actually says his real name, Mickey Wheatley, as he announces his name as he receives the diploma.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #70
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgcmgr
I know this thread is old, but I saw something very interesting today while watching Happy Days. In the episode The Graduation Part 2, when the diplomas are being handed out, "Your Guy" is handed his diploma and the Assistant Principal actually says his real name, Mickey Wheatley, as he announces his name as he receives the diploma.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, and thanks for sharing that information! The gentleman from Australia who told me the name a few months ago had also told me about that episode, and I've been waiting---and waiting---and waiting for it to come on, so I could watch it. It hasn't been on. Just as soon as I read your post, I went to my TV to do a search, to see if The Graduation Part 2 might be coming up soon, and at least through the end of September, there's no listing for it. How did you get to be so lucky? Anyway, I hope it will be on sometime so I too can see it! Thanks for sharing!
Kathy
Old 09-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #71
cgcmgr
Occasional Poster

Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, and thanks for sharing that information! The gentleman from Australia who told me the name a few months ago had also told me about that episode, and I've been waiting---and waiting---and waiting for it to come on, so I could watch it. It hasn't been on. Just as soon as I read your post, I went to my TV to do a search, to see if The Graduation Part 2 might be coming up soon, and at least through the end of September, there's no listing for it. How did you get to be so lucky? Anyway, I hope it will be on sometime so I too can see it! Thanks for sharing!
Kathy

Kathy,

The episode is on the Season 4 DVD so you buy it if you can't wait.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #72
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgcmgr
Kathy,

The episode is on the Season 4 DVD so you buy it if you can't wait.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, I may do that if it doesn't come on soon. Maybe I'll buy it for myself as an early Christmas present, lol. Thanks.
Kathy
Old 09-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #73
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Is he the guy playing the piano too?
Old 09-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #74
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Here is a still image of them handing him his diploma
Old 09-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #75
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Default Mickey Wheatley from Happy Days

Quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, I may do that if it doesn't come on soon. Maybe I'll buy it for myself as an early Christmas present, lol. Thanks.
Kathy

I uploaded the Mickey Wheatley from Happy Days Diploma scene for you here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEzAmTC0rqA
I hope the video remain online long enough for you to view it.
YouTube is on the WAR PATH removing all copyright material so enjoy!