Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #16
bingbangbaby
I see you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixieTreasure
WOW, I'm just so shocked that you went to all of this trouble to help me!! I thank you SO MUCH!!! I really appreciate this! Yes, the guy in the pictures, that's the guy who I'm talking about. Unfortunately, I'm still confused because when I look up Michael Dennis Wagner ( or Michael Dan Wagner), nothing gives a biography with a picture. It does credit him on some shows as Michael DAN Wagner, and one of those shows is Little House On The Prairie from 1977. In THAT show, he is a Chairman. But THAT guy is much--MUCH--older ( like 60 years old). So that couldn't be 'my guy' since that episode of Little House was just 3 years after the Happy Days Episode.

So unfortunately, I'm more confused than ever. BUT--I'm going to look up the casting director, and supervisor Pat Harris and Mildred Gusse, and see if there's a way to write to them to find out ( IF either one of them is still alive. I've got to remember these shows were 30 + years ago).

Thanks again for everything. That is just so nice of you to do a search and give me all of this info!
Kathy
On that imdb link it says after the credit that Michael Dan Wagner was billed as Michael Dennis Wagner on the Happy Days credits, so that at least confirms that those two names are the same guy.
I google imaged some of the names of the shows and characters he played and some of those pictures look like the same guy to me. "Old Fred" on Tremors (from 1990) I think has a resemblance although it's hard to tell with stage makeup:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...mg.kx5Dwglbaak
And I think it would be hard to tell with the Little House on the Prairie episode, because we know for a fact that it's the same guy who played a student on Happy Days then played someone who looked 60 years old just 3 years later, whether it was your guy or not, so maybe it's makeup on the LHOP episode.
Anyway, if you run his name and some of the character names and shows for Michael Dan Wagner in google image you can get some pictures from those roles and see what you think. I think it might be "your guy."
Old 03-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #17
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

According to IMDB Michael Dan Wagner Died: December 15, 1993
Such a common name it's hard to know if it is the same guy for sure?
Old 04-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #18
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Still can't get a definite answer on who this guy is. I see him in so many episodes in the background that you would think that someone would know. I just saw him this week in the episode called, "Marion Rebels". Episode 79 Air date Feb. 1, 1977. It's where Marion gets a job as a waitress at Arnold's. Fonzie and the rest of the boys are in the bathroom discussing who will tell her that she's fired, and then 'my guy' brings a note into the bathroom and hands it to Richie. Again, he doesn't say anything; just hands Richie the note, and stands there.

Writing to Erin Moran was a waste of time I think. I'm trying to get Garry Marshall's contact info, to see if he might be able to help. Would rather get an email address than a regular address. If anyone has info on an email address, please let me know here or email me at HeartRose4@aol.com
Thanks!

Last edited by TrixieTreasure : 04-07-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #19
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Default s4ep78 Happy Days Marion Rebels

s4ep78 Happy Days Marion Rebels

WOW, you have a good eye. I did not even recognize him this time. His hair was different giving him a different appearance. He was not even mentioned in the credits at the end of the show this time.

This week in the episode called, "Marion Rebels". Episode 79 Air date Feb. 1, 1977. It's where Marion gets a job as a waitress at Arnold's. Fonzie and the rest of the boys are in the bathroom discussing who will tell her that she's fired, and then 'my guy' brings a note into the bathroom and hands it to Richie. Again, he doesn't say anything; just hands Richie the note, and stands there.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #20
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman67
According to IMDB Michael Dan Wagner Died: December 15, 1993
Such a common name it's hard to know if it is the same guy for sure?

I haven't given up on the idea that his name is Michael Dan Wagner, and if it is, may he Rest In Peace. That means he would have died approx. 9 years after Happy Days officially ended. He would have been in his late 30's, or possibly age 40. But until I have confirmation that he's the same guy, I want to continue searching. It just really bugs me that no one out there can tell me for an absolute fact who he is. If he was just on the show 2 or 3 times, that would be different. But I've seen him in the background in so many episodes that you would think somebody, somewhere, out there would know who he is! And if he's alive, I sure wish he would read this, and tell me himself, lol!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #21
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

[quote=antman67]s4ep78 Happy Days Marion Rebels

WOW, you have a good eye. I did not even recognize him this time. His hair was different giving him a different appearance. He was not even mentioned in the credits at the end of the show this time.

Yeah, that's MY GUY, lol!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #22
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Default Michael Dan Wagner = R.I.P.

Quote:
I haven't given up on the idea that his name is Michael Dan Wagner, and if it is, may he Rest In Peace. That means he would have died approx. 9 years after Happy Days officially ended. He would have been in his late 30's, or possibly age 40. But until I have confirmation that he's the same guy, I want to continue searching. It just really bugs me that no one out there can tell me for an absolute fact who he is. If he was just on the show 2 or 3 times, that would be different. But I've seen him in the background in so many episodes that you would think somebody, somewhere, out there would know who he is! And if he's alive, I sure wish he would read this, and tell me himself, lol!
Sad if he died so young. I wonder if it is him, and how he died? Illness or car accident? Unless you can reach someone related to the show who remembers him, he may remain a mystery. Also check here:
http://www.death-record.com/d/n/Michael-Wagner

If you can name more episodes with him in them, I'll post more stills of him in this thread for you.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #23
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Sad if he died so young. I wonder if it is him, and how he died? Illness or car accident? Unless you can reach someone related to the show who remembers him, he may remain a mystery. Also check here:
http://www.death-record.com/d/n/Michael-Wagner

If you can name more episodes with him in them, I'll post more stills of him in this thread for you.

Thank you, and thanks also for that link. I'll take a look at it. And yes, I've seen several more episodes with him in the show within the last 3 weeks. One of them was called, Graduation, but I can't remember the episode number. It's where Fonzie announces to everyone at a party that he had been going to night school and will be graduating with the rest of the seniors. That episode is kind of confusing though, because my guy is clearly shown in the background dancing with a girl, but in the very next scene, it shows someone who looks like him, sitting on a chair next to a girl, and they look at each other while moving their chairs a little closer. How can he be sitting on a chair and dancing at the same time? It's got to be two different guys, but both of them sure look like 'my guy'. I can't quite figure that one out, lol.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #24
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Quote:
Thank you, and thanks also for that link. I'll take a look at it. And yes, I've seen several more episodes with him in the show within the last 3 weeks. One of them was called, Graduation, but I can't remember the episode number. It's where Fonzie announces to everyone at a party that he had been going to night school and will be graduating with the rest of the seniors. That episode is kind of confusing though, because my guy is clearly shown in the background dancing with a girl, but in the very next scene, it shows someone who looks like him, sitting on a chair next to a girl, and they look at each other while moving their chairs a little closer. How can he be sitting on a chair and dancing at the same time? It's got to be two different guys, but both of them sure look like 'my guy'. I can't quite figure that one out, lol.

WOW! YOUR RIGHT!! There he is AGAIN! GOOD FIND!! Sadly, he was not mentioned in the credit at the end of this episode.

Last edited by antman67 : 04-12-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:47 AM   #25
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Quote:

WOW! YOUR RIGHT!! There he is AGAIN! GOOD FIND!!

LOL, thanks! What's strange is that it clearly shows him dancing with a girl, but then it immediately shows the next scene as him sitting in a chair with a different girl!

Oh and there's another episode that I saw him on about a week ago titled, "Joanie's Weird Boyfriend". It's where Joanie sneaks out to a Red Devil's Party. Right at the beginning of the show, the gang is all at Arnold's celebrating St. Patrick's Day with a dance and 'my guy' is shown in the background in a couple of scenes. All of the guys are wearing green hats, and 'my guy' is wearing a green shirt. I really like this episode because it shows how big brother Richie comes to his sister's aid against the Red Devils!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:50 AM   #26
anglemark10
Forum Regular

I'm not completely positive about this, but I believe an actor generally has to have a speaking line in order to be credited. If this person never spoke, it's unlikely that he's Wagner.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:04 AM   #27
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglemark10
I'm not completely positive about this, but I believe an actor generally has to have a speaking line in order to be credited. If this person never spoke, it's unlikely that he's Wagner.

That makes sense, and you could be right about that. Thanks for the input!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #28
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

This is quite the interesting thread!

Filmaf ~ Twitter ~ Last.FM
Old 04-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #29
cleverfun3000

If you guys keep this up, this fella will become known as "The Ghost of Happy Days". . . . . .
Old 04-11-2013, 03:49 AM   #30
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverfun3000
If you guys keep this up, this fella will become known as "The Ghost of Happy Days". . . . . .

LOL LOL LOL!!!