Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Disney to Acquire Much of Fox; Roseanne Debut Date Set for ABC
Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-16-2013, 01:23 AM   #1
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Default Who Is This Guy...

I can't find any information on this Background Character Actor: In the Introduction of the very first episode of Happy Days, and into many episodes after that, it shows a picture of Richie combing his hair in the bathroom, next to Richie is Potsie combing his hair, and next to Potsie is another boy combing his hair. He was always just a background character, never spoke ( that I can remember anyway), and he was always mixed in with all of the other background character actors. I especially remember seeing him in the background a lot in Arnold's Restaurant. He would be dancing, or pretending to be talking to other kids, while Richie, Potsie, Ralph, and Fonzie were always huddled around talking about life. What I'd like to find out is his real name, and what he has been doing for the last 30 plus years. I'm attaching an image, but I'm not sure if it will work or not. I hope you guys know who I'm talking about.
Kathy

Name:  Ep 1 Intro 1 combs.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  38.0 KB
Old 03-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
Smartboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixieTreasure
I can't find any information on this Background Character Actor: In the Introduction of the very first episode of Happy Days, and into many episodes after that, it shows a picture of Richie combing his hair in the bathroom, next to Richie is Potsie combing his hair, and next to Potsie is another boy combing his hair. He was always just a background character, never spoke ( that I can remember anyway), and he was always mixed in with all of the other background character actors. I especially remember seeing him in the background a lot in Arnold's Restaurant. He would be dancing, or pretending to be talking to other kids, while Richie, Potsie, Ralph, and Fonzie were always huddled around talking about life. What I'd like to find out is his real name, and what he has been doing for the last 30 plus years. I'm attaching an image, but I'm not sure if it will work or not. I hope you guys know who I'm talking about.
Kathy

Attachment 181905

I recognize the boy that you wrote about but do not know the actor's name or anything about him. However, I am responding to this thread because I know the feeling of loneliness that goes with posting a comment and not getting any replies. Good luck on finding the information elsewhere!
Old 03-19-2013, 02:46 AM   #3
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartboy
I recognize the boy that you wrote about but do not know the actor's name or anything about him. However, I am responding to this thread because I know the feeling of loneliness that goes with posting a comment and not getting any replies. Good luck on finding the information elsewhere!

LOL, thanks! I have to admit that when I saw that someone had responded, I had a quick rush come over me, thinking that maybe somebody knew the answer. But that's okay. I appreciate you responding so that I wouldn't feel lonely. If you DO ever see any info on this guy though, I hope you'll remember this board and come back and share. In the meantime, thanks, and I hope you have a great week!
Kathy
Old 03-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Quote:
LOL, thanks! I have to admit that when I saw that someone had responded, I had a quick rush come over me, thinking that maybe somebody knew the answer. But that's okay. I appreciate you responding so that I wouldn't feel lonely. If you DO ever see any info on this guy though, I hope you'll remember this board and come back and share. In the meantime, thanks, and I hope you have a great week!
Kathy

Unless he is in the credits at the end of the episode, we may never know. UNLESS someone who worked on the set, or a former cast member should chime in. This is a hard answer to find.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

It seemed like in the first two seasons they had a lot of background/extra characters. I liked the waitresses, but they got discontinued too.

Filmaf ~ Twitter ~ Last.FM
Old 03-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman67
Unless he is in the credits at the end of the episode, we may never know. UNLESS someone who worked on the set, or a former cast member should chime in. This is a hard answer to find.

Thanks for your reply. I wonder if one of the cast members or producers would remember??? But I wouldn't even know how to go about writing to an actual member of the cast. I'm watching Happy Days right now on the Hallmark Channel, and 'my guy' was in the background ( really close up too, right behind Richie and his date at a dance), in one of the episodes this morning. I've been recording the shows, so I'll check credits, but I think it's highly unlikely that he would show up in the credits.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilligan fanatic
It seemed like in the first two seasons they had a lot of background/extra characters. I liked the waitresses, but they got discontinued too.

Hi Matt and thanks for your reply. Hey, I noticed a picture of Al Bundy as your profile picture! Pretty cool! I LOVED that episode of Married With Children were Al daydreams of having a motorcycle, and the song "Born To Be Wild" is playing! Married With Children was, and still is, one of my favorites all time shows!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #8
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

Quote:
Hi Matt and thanks for your reply. Hey, I noticed a picture of Al Bundy as your profile picture! Pretty cool! I LOVED that episode of Married With Children were Al daydreams of having a motorcycle, and the song "Born To Be Wild" is playing! Married With Children was, and still is, one of my favorites all time shows!

Yeah, it's a great episode, one of my favorites of MWC. It was actually Born to be Bad, but close!
Old 03-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #9
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilligan fanatic
Yeah, it's a great episode, one of my favorites of MWC. It was actually Born to be Bad, but close!

Oh, that's right, Born To Be Bad. "Born To Be Wild" was sung in a much earlier episode of MWC, when Steve and Al bought that Mustang from Kelley's date, and was fixing it up, only to find out at the end of the show that it was stolen!
Old 03-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #10
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. I wonder if one of the cast members or producers would remember??? But I wouldn't even know how to go about writing to an actual member of the cast. I'm watching Happy Days right now on the Hallmark Channel, and 'my guy' was in the background ( really close up too, right behind Richie and his date at a dance), in one of the episodes this morning. I've been recording the shows, so I'll check credits, but I think it's highly unlikely that he would show up in the credits.

Which episode? Name it, & I'll check the credits. To contact cast members:
Erin Moran "Joannie" I'll bet would love to here from fans:
http://www.erinmoranofficialwebsite.com
Old 03-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #11
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Which episode? Name it, & I'll check the credits. To contact cast members:
Erin Moran "Joannie" I'll bet would love to here from fans:
http://www.erinmoranofficialwebsite.com

Today's episode was titled, "Wish Upon A Star". It was the one with Richie winning a date with a Hollywood starlet to the school's victory dance. Her name in the show was, Cindy Shay. At the dance, 'my guy' is standing RIGHT BEHIND Richie and Cindy. Well, in the picture it's showing him kind of between them, but clearly behind them, if you know what I mean, but you can see him really close up as Cindy Shay is saying to Richie, " Richie, I'm sorry I'm late, forgive me but I wanted to save the best date for last".

And thanks for the site of Erin Moran. I may write to her but not sure if I'll get a response. As we all know, she's been having a lot of personal difficulties this past year or so. And I kind of remember reading and hearing that she prefers to forget about life on Happy Days. So she may not want to help. BUT, at least it would be worth a shot. Thanks!
Old 03-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #12
bingbangbaby
I see you!!

Quote:
And thanks for the site of Erin Moran. I may write to her but not sure if I'll get a response. As we all know, she's been having a lot of personal difficulties this past year or so. And I kind of remember reading and hearing that she prefers to forget about life on Happy Days. So she may not want to help. BUT, at least it would be worth a shot. Thanks!
It seems like Twitter has become a way to communicate with celebrities in ways we've never been able to before. I know a few people who follow certain celebrities and often get responses from the celebs. Maybe that's something to try, and maybe you can find someone who was associated with the show behind the scenes-- they'll probably be more likely to know the answer to your question, plus you'll probably be more likely to get the actual person and not a poser.

I also have a friend who actually wrote a letter (old school handwritten letter) to one of the writers on one of our favorite shows from the 80's and she asked several questions we've wondered about for years... and the person actually wrote back and answered all her questions, and also said he was really flattered that she would write to him about the show. He expressed how much he enjoyed working on the show and how happy he was that people still watch and wonder about things associated with the show. So maybe that's something to try too. Choose a writer who wrote a couple of those early episodes that 'your guy' was in. I think she just googled his name and was able to track down a business address. Maybe you could even get a website or an email, too.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:39 AM   #13
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbangbaby
It seems like Twitter has become a way to communicate with celebrities in ways we've never been able to before. I know a few people who follow certain celebrities and often get responses from the celebs. Maybe that's something to try, and maybe you can find someone who was associated with the show behind the scenes-- they'll probably be more likely to know the answer to your question, plus you'll probably be more likely to get the actual person and not a poser.

I also have a friend who actually wrote a letter (old school handwritten letter) to one of the writers on one of our favorite shows from the 80's and she asked several questions we've wondered about for years... and the person actually wrote back and answered all her questions, and also said he was really flattered that she would write to him about the show. He expressed how much he enjoyed working on the show and how happy he was that people still watch and wonder about things associated with the show. So maybe that's something to try too. Choose a writer who wrote a couple of those early episodes that 'your guy' was in. I think she just googled his name and was able to track down a business address. Maybe you could even get a website or an email, too.

WOW, you have really given me a lot of great ideas! I really appreciate you taking the time to help! I'm going to check into doing what you said, and if I get any info, I'll be sure to post it here! I did email Erin Moran, but so far haven't heard anything back. Thanks again for all of your help!!

Kathy
Old 03-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #14
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Default WHO THE HELL IS THIS CLOWN?

Quote:

Thank for providing the episode. Without out, I did not recognize him with longer hair then the intro credits.

This is him correct?

I think his name might be Michael Dennis Wagner, although he is credited on IMDB.com as Michael Dan Wagner
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0906025/?ref_=tt_cl_t14

The 1974 casting director Pat Harris or casting supervisor Mildred Gusse for the episode might know?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #15
TrixieTreasure
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Thank for providing the episode. Without out, I did not recognize him with longer hair then the intro credits.

This is him correct?

I think his name might be Michael Dennis Wagner, although he is credited on IMDB.com as Michael Dan Wagner
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0906025/?ref_=tt_cl_t14

The 1974 casting director Pat Harris or casting supervisor Mildred Gusse for the episode might know?

WOW, I'm just so shocked that you went to all of this trouble to help me!! I thank you SO MUCH!!! I really appreciate this! Yes, the guy in the pictures, that's the guy who I'm talking about. Unfortunately, I'm still confused because when I look up Michael Dennis Wagner ( or Michael Dan Wagner), nothing gives a biography with a picture. It does credit him on some shows as Michael DAN Wagner, and one of those shows is Little House On The Prairie from 1977. In THAT show, he is a Chairman. But THAT guy is much--MUCH--older ( like 60 years old). So that couldn't be 'my guy' since that episode of Little House was just 3 years after the Happy Days Episode.

So unfortunately, I'm more confused than ever. BUT--I'm going to look up the casting director, and supervisor Pat Harris and Mildred Gusse, and see if there's a way to write to them to find out ( IF either one of them is still alive. I've got to remember these shows were 30 + years ago).

Thanks again for everything. That is just so nice of you to do a search and give me all of this info!
Kathy