Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Spike TV Schedule / Robert Stack Tribute / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)
Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo
Moesha Returns Daily to BET; NBC Schedules Maya Rudolph Variety-Comedy Special
TV Land Picks Up Hilary Duff, Sutton Foster Sitcom; Episodic Review: New Girl - "Big News" Airing Tonight on Fox
Maude Mother's Day Marathon on Logo; WE tv 2014 Upfront
Week 29 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: The Simpsons Comes to FXX in Style; New Fox MOD Releases; Welcome Back, Kotter on DVD?

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
Hasho
Frequent Poster

Default Petition to get Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix?

Hi y'all.

Do you think it could be done? Maybe if we mass-mail the UM creators, or Lifetime? It would be so amazing!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
Charlie99909
Frequent Poster

That would be amazing! There's a lot of shows that haven't made it to DVD on Netflix, hmmm.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasho
Hi y'all.

Do you think it could be done? Maybe if we mass-mail the UM creators, or Lifetime? It would be so amazing!

I'm sure that Netflix would have the final say on whether to include UM on their web site. Therefore, contacting Netflix would make more sense.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

I don't even use Netflix or know how to. I'd rather have it on the popular video site or full seasons on DVD.

Sign my Unsolved Mysteries petition: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/733/9...flix-and-hulu/
Old 03-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
amandab1234
Forum Regular
~ Amanda ~

That’s funny cause as soon as I had access to Netflix (my friend lets me use his login) I searched for UM! I would def love to be part of the “Get UM on Netflix” movement lol
Old 03-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
Spark Of Spirit
Forum Regular

Hopefully on the Canadian Netflix, too! I would honestly watch if it was made available.
“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton
Old 03-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

In a couple weeks, I"m getting rid of cable ($160/mo for 2 tvs and internet! I need to save money) and getting netflix. I'm gonna miss seeing The Walking Dead but it would be great if CM would put UM on Netflix! I never get tired of watching UM eppies.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #8
luismann
Occasional Poster

So how do we go about this? Does anyone know who we contact to try and get UM on netflix or for them to release more Dvds? There's still interest COSGROVE/MEURER PRODCUTIONS!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #9
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by luismann
So how do we go about this? Does anyone know who we contact to try and get UM on netflix or for them to release more Dvds? There's still interest COSGROVE/MEURER PRODCUTIONS!!!

As I suggested earlier, contacting Netflix is the best bet, as they would have the final say on whether to include UM. I would strongly advise sending them snail mail, because physical letters have more influence than emails.

Write to:

Netflix Inc.
100 Winchester Circle
Los Gatos, CA 95032

As for releasing more UM DVDs, a distributor - not CM - can make that decision. For that reason, you'll have to write to prospective distributors about it.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #10
unidentified
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
As I suggested earlier, contacting Netflix is the best bet, as they would have the final say on whether to include UM. I would strongly advise sending them snail mail, because physical letters have more influence than emails.

As for releasing more UM DVDs, a distributor - not CM - can make that decision. For that reason, you'll have to write to prospective distributors about it.

It would be great to see some of the episodes online and in decent quality when all we have been able to see is whatever we watched when the episodes aired and/or VHS quality materials.

With how the previous DVD releases fared, I would guess you would have more luck getting them online as I can't see what distributor would touch them since they need to make their money back + profit on production runs - although if they would do the sensible thing and release the actual seasons of UM instead of compilations sorted by subject matter they would have a whole lot more success.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #11
Hasho
Frequent Poster

I just spoke to a guy at Netflix customer service, and he said they are looking into getting UM on netflix!

Here's how you can contribute (if you have netflix)

Go to https://contactus.netflix.com/Help at the bottom go to LIVE CHAT, simply tell the person how much you love UM and want it on Netflix.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #12
TheCars1986

While it's encouraging to hea that netflix is looking into getting UM on their site, I have no doubt (if it does happen) that it will be the Farina version.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #13
everybodylovesrs
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
While it's encouraging to hea that netflix is looking into getting UM on their site, I have no doubt (if it does happen) that it will be the Farina version.

I doubt it will. Just because someone says "Thanks for the suggestion" doesn't mean they're actually going to look into it, and if so, accomplish anything.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #14
Hasho
Frequent Poster

Well, they didn't actually say "thanks for the suggestion", but they said we are already looking into it.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:16 AM   #15
CrazyRalph
Frequent Poster

It works for me.