Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty
Two and a Half Men Heads to Nick at Nite; WE tv Acquires Criminal Minds

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-28-2017, 02:35 PM   #46
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

We have a chain here called Food 4 Less! It is awesome!! Huge grocery store. Great selection and prices! Meats and produce are always very fresh ! I find when I shop here I get way more bang for my buck than at other grocery stores!

It is affiliated with the Ralph's/Kroger chain!! But the stores are much bigger!!!

Old 08-29-2017, 02:12 AM   #47
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
We have a chain here called Food 4 Less! It is awesome!! Huge grocery store. Great selection and prices! Meats and produce are always very fresh ! I find when I shop here I get way more bang for my buck than at other grocery stores!

It is affiliated with the Ralph's/Kroger chain!! But the stores are much bigger!!!

When I lived in the city my old house was within walking distance of a Food 4 Less and when it first opened Mom and I used to spend hours buying food and buying candy for ourselves and the prices for food were impressive and we would learn about Food 4 Less's sales from the radio commercials and they were the only store where Mom and I would buy ourselves boxes of Little Debbie Banana Twins. We also had Ralph's grocery stores too and when we went in one twice we were surprised at how great Ralph's was and they had sales on many things Mom and I loved to buy and not only did Ralph's have groceries but they had a section full of 5,99 movies and music cds too. But then Ralph's closed but it was a cool grocery store and believe it or not I have a Ralph's keychain card that is on my Baby Phat purse that I got as a souvenir from a first shopping trip to Ralph's. But if you want to find good deals on groceries real cheap try Safeway because every Friday they have sales called Friday 5's and you can find good prices on many items such as Nabisco cookies Ore-Ida fries Jimmy Dean sausages and lots more but then sometimes they have deals on new items where you can get an item for free and it's a really good money saver
Bestie
Good Morning Chris Harrison "What Final Answers Do You Have For Your #1 Fan This Wonderful Morning?"
Old 08-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #48
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Some store brands or off-brands are just as good as the name brands for the most part.

The only thing I'll buy that's a name brand is pop...to me, most store or off brands of pop is like drinking sugar water...but then again...

Frito-Lay makes Tostitos, but they're pricier than another tortilla chip brand I buy from Frito-Lay...Santitas. Just as good and half the price....

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 09-16-2017, 03:23 AM   #49
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

When I was born my mom was a huge fan of Alpha Beta and she always would find good deals on lots of groceries including my baby diapers and baby formula and every time Mom would bring me to Alpha Beta the store clerks always would know that I was coming and would give Mom extra discounts on my baby formula and baby food. It's hard to find good deals at supermarkets now because ever since stores such as Kmart Walmart and Target started selling groceries I think in a few years the supermarket chains will continue to exist but will have a new image and start opening wherehouse type grocery stores where people can find cheap discounts on many items such as meat sodas produce and cereal and other things at great prices. But I have a feeling that the supermarket chains such as Alpha Beta Pathmark Albertson's and Jewel "Not the singer but a supermarket that's owned by Albertson's that has that same name" will make a comeback and reintroduce themselves to a new generation of grocery store shoppers who want good deals on groceries today
Bestie
Old 09-16-2017, 06:42 AM   #50
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

My dad goes to Market Basket, which is a local place that has locations in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. They have cheap groceries and Shaw's (before the location in my hometown closed) sometimes had marked down prices, but the store was mostly expensive. Stop & Shop is not cheap at all and is very expensive.

And Harry Anderson too.

https://ilovewhoseline.imgur.com/all/

http://whoselinefan.imgur.com/all/

Antenna TV, MeTV, Decades, Laff, and Cozi TV, please add Dave's World and The John Larroquette Show to your lineups. Thank you.

PLEASE release a complete series boxset of The John Larroquette Show. Thanks.

Save Me, Myself & I!
Old 09-17-2017, 08:39 PM   #51
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelaArsenault
My dad goes to Market Basket, which is a local place that has locations in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. They have cheap groceries and Shaw's (before the location in my hometown closed) sometimes had marked down prices, but the store was mostly expensive. Stop & Shop is not cheap at all and is very expensive.
We shop at both Market Basket and Stop & Shop. We shop only the sale items and specials at S&S and get our staples at MB, and it works out fine. I can't believe the price of food these days.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:59 PM   #52
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
We shop at both Market Basket and Stop & Shop. We shop only the sale items and specials at S&S and get our staples at MB, and it works out fine. I can't believe the price of food these days.
My dad loves Market Basket.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:16 AM   #53
biffbronson
Shazam!

Location: In my dreams, back at age 15 in Erin Moran's bedroom in 1980, making passionate love...

Most of those chains haven't opened a store in my area (yet).

I've had good luck with Kroger though, like getting strawberry preserves and pitted plums for about half of what other places charge.

Also once in a while, Dollar Tree has a great deal: big bags of Snyder's pretzels, Kraft Miracle Whip, Keebler crackers, and Ultimate Helper (General Mills), $1 each. They even had 32 oz. Welch's Grape Jelly once at $1.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:23 AM   #54
RetroGuy2000
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffbronson
Also once in a while, Dollar Tree has a great deal: big bags of Snyder's pretzels, Kraft Miracle Whip, Keebler crackers, and Ultimate Helper (General Mills), $1 each. They even had 32 oz. Welch's Grape Jelly once at $1.

I'm a big fan of Dollar Tree. The store here only has 4-5 aisles of groceries, but it is so worth it to stop there, since nearly everything's $1.00. The Snyder's pretzels are a good deal, as are the cereals (where else can you get name brand Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Raisin Bran for $1.00?). Good deals.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:45 AM   #55
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

I LOVE Dollar Tree!!!!!! An AWESOME store!!!!!

OMG the groceries are great! For what you can get. I mean No produce or meats and all, but lots of shelf stuff!!! And cleaning, health and beauty products! Just wonderful !! And greeting cards !Don't even get me started !!!! If you ever need a Birthday card or cards for any holiday!!! WOW, you can't beat this place! And most are two for a dollar, and they are really nice greeting cards !!!! And holiday decorations!! And party supplies!!! I could go on and on raving about Dollar Tree!!!!! GREAT STORE!!!!!

Old 09-18-2017, 06:52 AM   #56
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

Quote:

OMG the groceries are great! For what you can get. I mean No produce or meats and all, but lots of shelf stuff!!! And cleaning, health and beauty products! Just wonderful !! And greeting cards !Don't even get me started !!!! If you ever need a Birthday card or cards for any holiday!!! WOW, you can't beat this place! And most are two for a dollar, and they are really nice greeting cards !!!! And holiday decorations!! And party supplies!!! I could go on and on raving about Dollar Tree!!!!! GREAT STORE!!!!!

I've only been to Dollar Tree a couple of times.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:02 AM   #57
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelaArsenault
My dad loves Market Basket.

So does the sitcom Holliston...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYnkfQ0kEeY

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 09-19-2017, 01:38 AM   #58
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

Another supermarket that you can check out for cheap groceries is Grocery Outlet Bargain Market and they have good prices on tons of groceries like they have deals on Kraft Macaroni And Cheese for $2,99 to Dawn dish soap for $1,99 and Buy 1 Get 1 Free sales on Red Baron Pizza and Swanson TV Dinners and when you shop at Grocery Outlet Bargain Market you actually save better than at any other supermarket and not to mention the cute commercials with the cute puppets. Mom is a fan of Grocery Outlet Bargain Market and she goes there often to find good deals on groceries. If you have a Grocery Outlet Bargain Market in your city I advise you to visit there and you'll be very surprised at the neat prices they have and they also have stuff you cannot find anywhere else
Bestie
Old 09-19-2017, 06:13 AM   #59
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
So does the sitcom Holliston...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYnkfQ0kEeY

Old 09-21-2017, 02:21 AM   #60
RetroGuy2000
Forum Regular

Quote:

I share your love for Dollar Tree. Can't beat $1.00 laundry detergent!