Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty
Two and a Half Men Heads to Nick at Nite; WE tv Acquires Criminal Minds

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #31
Tubehead

i ben watchin newshow called extream coupoing itsawsome they sometime get the groceries fo r free o rreally cheap by using coupons thisone gril got 1,2008 doloarworth groceries for 21 bucksi t comes on the learning chanel i like it a lot
Old 02-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #32
Family Ties Forever!

It's nice when you can save money, but sometimes getting the store brand isn't wroth it. I don't like store brand cereal, etc. Today I bought two different store brand bakery items and I didn't like either of them. One had a terrible after taste, ugh. I regret buying it.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #33
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

I rarely have problems with store brands but I will buy the name brand if it's on sale. One store brand product I was disappointed with was their pizza rolls. I tried one box at .99 cents and they weren't good at all. Totinos pizza rolls average $2.19 for a box of 15 and aren't worth it. The same store that had the ones I didn't like ran a sale on Totinos at 10-for-$10 and I had 30 coupons good for $1.00 off 2 boxes so that brought the cost down to $15 plus this store has printable coupons that let you save $5.00 off a $25.00 purchase so my final cost for 30 boxes was $10.00 and I saved over $55.00.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #34
tiredmike59

I used to love pizza rolls till I got burned out on them. I used to love those little Stouffer's meatloaf and roasted turkey tv dinners but paying over 3 dollars for 5 bitefuls of food just didn't seem worth it. Now I'm hooked on those Patio single burritos for 50 cents apiece.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #35
clj2

I LOVE Aldi! They have fantastic produce and imported, special stuff. I actually haven't had a lot of luck finding meat at my local store - the selection is really poor (the beef wasn't very lean). I've been to another one that had a lot more/better meat variety, so I guess it is different at each store.

Many of their store brands are made by "name brand" companies but have an Aldi label.

There stores are very clean, and the associates are very knowledgeable. Aldi is definitely my favorite grocery store for saving money.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #36
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredmike59
Have you given up on some of your favorite foods because of high prices ?
It seems like since Hostess bit the dust their competitors have jacked up their prices. A new discount grocery store opened up in my neighborhood and I went in there to check it out. They were selling boxes of cupcakes for 69 cents,it was a company I never heard of and the cupcakes were stale and didn't have much taste but the price was delicious. I checked out their meat section and found a pack of those 6 thin porkchops which sells for 7 dollars in the other store I normally shop at but were only 2.99. They didn't look too swift though, kind of gray in color and I could not read the expiration date because someone smudged the ink, probably on purpose. I wonder what my expiration date would have been if I ate them, I decided not to buy them. They did have good prices on potato chips, only a couple bucks for a huge bag not 4-5 dollars like I normally see. Really getting sick of these high prices.

Not really, I just decided to buy less of it and pace myself through the month which seems to be working. Inflation can f*ck with my money management skills LOL
Old 02-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #37
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilligan fanatic
You never heard of Utz? You are totally missing out!

I have to say that i do like UTZ cheese dip lol
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #38
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy
I rarely have problems with store brands but I will buy the name brand if it's on sale. One store brand product I was disappointed with was their pizza rolls. I tried one box at .99 cents and they weren't good at all. Totinos pizza rolls average $2.19 for a box of 15 and aren't worth it. The same store that had the ones I didn't like ran a sale on Totinos at 10-for-$10 and I had 30 coupons good for $1.00 off 2 boxes so that brought the cost down to $15 plus this store has printable coupons that let you save $5.00 off a $25.00 purchase so my final cost for 30 boxes was $10.00 and I saved over $55.00.

I must have my Polmolive dishwahing liquid and ONLY Heinz catsup. Otherwise, store brands frequently turn out to be just as good as the higher priced name brands.

xxoo You both Rock!!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #39
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clj2
I LOVE Aldi! They have fantastic produce and imported, special stuff. I actually haven't had a lot of luck finding meat at my local store - the selection is really poor (the beef wasn't very lean). I've been to another one that had a lot more/better meat variety, so I guess it is different at each store.

Many of their store brands are made by "name brand" companies but have an Aldi label.

There stores are very clean, and the associates are very knowledgeable. Aldi is definitely my favorite grocery store for saving money.

I like Aldi very much too. Wished there were more in NYC. Great store.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #40
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
I have to say that i do like UTZ cheese dip lol

I don't think I have ever had it before, I might have to try it.

I do like this stuff though

Filmaf ~ Twitter ~ Last.FM
Old 02-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #41
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:

Likewise although Aldi's version of is just as good and much cheaper.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #42
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:

That's not bad but it's $3.49. I preferred UTZ cheese because It was .99 cents
Old 02-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #43
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Found these organic chips yesterday at Big Lots. They were only $2.25 for a one pound bag and with most other brands you only get about 10 ounces. They are great and the fact that they're organic is another plus.

Old 08-23-2017, 02:19 AM   #44
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

My city used to have lots of grocery stores but now we only have three grocery stores in my area and when Mom and I would go grocery shopping we used to get all of our groceries at Albertson's and they had great prices on groceries and every time we would go grocery shopping I always looked forward to going to Albertson's because I looked forward to a trip to Ross Dress For Less after the grocery shopping was done and I would buy a new purse or backpack but then another grocery store brought Albertson's and then the prices for groceries weren't the same. In the country I have two grocery stores and one of them has been in business since the 50's and even with a name change it's still the same and Mom often goes there for groceries she can't find anywhere else but when a new shopping center opened up in the 80's the grocery store that the shopping center had opened up stole some of the other grocery store's customers and it's prices are good but the grocery store doesn't have many of the stuff they have featured in their sale ads. Another store that Mom and I go to sometimes is Smart And Final and we first heard about Smart And Final from my grandfather and we thought it was impressive and it has very good prices for groceries and they have giant boxes of almost every food you can think of. Lastly here's some secret advice that might help you when you are shopping for cheap groceries. If you want the best prices on eggs or snacks I recommend you head to CVS Pharmacy and you'll be amazed at what great eggs CVS Pharmacy has and not to mention their bagged popcorn tastes delicious too
Bestie
Good Morning Chris Harrison "What Final Answers Do You Have For Your #1 Fan This Wonderful Morning?"
Old 08-26-2017, 04:25 AM   #45
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

I also buy my groceries at Target and what I mainly buy there is canned goods and milk and they have the best tasting milk in the whole universe and when Thanksgiving comes around Mom and I like to buy our Butterball turkeys at Target because they seem to have good sales on turkeys and we never have had a problem with Target's food sales. We also like to go to Kmart for groceries too as well
Bestie