Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-26-2014, 02:03 AM   #31
MikeL
Mike Lutton Dvd Legond!

where did u get the black and white picture it looks so empty inside and out.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:59 AM   #32
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Default ORIGINAL ARNOLD'S

I did a Google and found it.

The opening scene of Happy Days, hot rods and a drive up roller skate burger joint that was called Arthurs and Arnolds
http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2013...-days-hot.html

Check out some other shots when it was "Arthur's" from the FIRST episode. In one photo is a far away shot showing more of the place which is kinda cool right?

Arnold's Drive-In

For the Cunningham's and the Fonz, Arnold's was their home away from home. The set was reportedly modeled after The Milky Way Drive-In in Wisconsin, but the diner has since been demolished. The set, like the original inspiration, is also gone. But the memories made at Arnold's live on...
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...mSlide=1.93875
Old 01-29-2014, 02:58 PM   #33
MikeL
Mike Lutton Dvd Legond!

where did the other pictures come from like one looks its closed and others what did the miky way diner look like and so on
Old 02-08-2014, 10:13 PM   #34
FonzForever
Forum Regular
A classic

While not every episode was bad in later years I generally consider The New Arnold's the the real "Jump The Shark" moment for Happy Days.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #35
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Default New Arnolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by FonzForever
While not every episode was bad in later years I generally consider The New Arnold's the the real "Jump The Shark" moment for Happy Days.

I have to agree with you there. It was such a major change along with all the other changes the show was just so different, that A LOT of the magic was just gone. There were pockets of good moments but far and few between.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:22 PM   #36
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

The funny thing about the change to the new Arnold's was that because the network aired the episodes out of sequence (the order they were filmed in), the final episode of season 7 takes place at the old Arnolds.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:10 AM   #37
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
The funny thing about the change to the new Arnold's was that because the network aired the episodes out of sequence (the order they were filmed in), the final episode of season 7 takes place at the old Arnolds.
With ALL the mistakes they made, it REALLY makes you wonder who was making and allowing all these bad decisions to happen? Did everyone just not care and phone it all in from home?
Old 02-13-2014, 06:53 PM   #38
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman67
With ALL the mistakes they made, it REALLY makes you wonder who was making and allowing all these bad decisions to happen? Did everyone just not care and phone it all in from home?

It also makes me wonder if they'll put these shows in broadcast order or production order if season 7 comes out on DVD someday.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:51 PM   #39
jehobden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_L
One of my favorite moments from the later years of Happy Days (and there aren't a lot of good ones) is when Arnold (Pat Morita) returns for several episodes during (I think) the next-to-last season. When he first walks in to Arnold's in his 1st show back, he's shocked by what he sees. Fonzie comes out and greets him. Arnold asks what happened to the place. Fonzie replies that they'd had a fire. Arnold's response is "When are you going to clean it up?" Loved that the writers actually let Arnold get a little dig in about the remodel.

Even watching as a kid, I liked the fire episode, but wasn't thrilled with the new look that came afterwards. Plus, when watching later on in reruns, the New Arnold's always meant the Ron Howard era of the show was almost over. Talk about a one-two punch.

That would have been during the next-to-last season (S10), because Al had been moved to Chicago with Chachi's mom for Joanie Loves Chachi. so Arnold got his old restaurant back. He apparently wasn't brought back for the last Happy Days season, except for Joanie & Chachi's wedding (He also married them as Al's twin brother, Father Delvecchio.), even though Joanie & Chachi were. Linda Purl as Ashley was also dumped at the same time, so the producers would have enough $ to bring back Erin Moran & Scott Baio, whose characters were still popular even if their spinoff wasn't.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:02 PM   #40
mets82

I remember that Joanie acknowledged that Fonzie and Ashley broke up and Fonzie mentioned it later. Remember when the old Arnold's had a expresso machine? It was before Arnold's burned down. You could see it in the infamous "Melvin Scratch" episode where Chacahi sells his soul. An expresso machine just doesnt work with Arnolds.

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:59 PM   #41
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets82
Remember when the old Arnold's had a expresso machine? It was before Arnold's burned down. You could see it in the infamous "Melvin Scratch" episode where Chachi sells his soul. An expresso machine just doesnt work with Arnolds.

I remember that episode. I wish the devil had taken Chachi and his soul.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:18 PM   #42
Alan the TV nut
Occasional Poster

And don't forget the Weezer video. It used the old set too.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:51 PM   #43
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Default The original or old Arnold's

Here's a couple more photos of the outside of Arnold's RARELY ever seen
( see attached )
Attached Images

Last edited by antman67 : 12-02-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:17 PM   #44
Heidi Dawn
Forum Regular
Muppets

Watching the later episodes from 1980-84, the new Arnold's reminded me of a country-western bar with the saloon doors, the bar area, the wood, the stained glass, and the bench seating.
Complete Series Box Sets: MASH, Three's Company, Gilligan's Island, The Dukes Of Hazzard, The Golden Girls, The Monkees, The Brady Bunch, Full House, I Dream Of Jeannie, Bewitched, Taxi, Gimme A Break, Dallas, Charlie's Angels, Joanie Loves Chachi, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy, The Cosby Show, The Facts of Life.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:55 PM   #45
mets82

Oh, I agree. I didn't like the New Arnold's. Not only by what you mentioned but there wasn't any backs to where you sit so when you leaned back on the bench you'd fall down.