Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Hazel links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Hazel Photo Gallery

Hazel - The Complete First Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete First Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Second Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Third Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Fifth and Final Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Fifth and Final Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Hazel
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
FS295
First Time Poster

Question Whitney Blake?

Is it just me or did Whitney Blake look pretty freakin sexy in those tight skirts? Then again how could she not against Hazel.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:31 AM   #2
old grouch

Mr. B. was one lucky dude...
Old 11-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
CulturePeak95
Occasional Poster
CulturePeak95

I'm sure in 1963 Blake's skirts raised more than few eyebrows. I wonder if the censors ever approached the producer & mentioned the "snugness" of her skirts?
Old 11-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
retroTVfan4ever

Whitney Blake was definitely attractive, the tight sweaters/tops and skirts she wore in the Hazel episodes showed off her curves nicely.

Despite her good looks, Whitney Blake didn't have the best of luck when it came to acting roles on TV. She was not always happy with her role on Hazel, having to play second fiddle to Shirley Booth. She created the 70's sitcom One Day At A Time and was hoping to have the lead role in that show, but instead the part was given to Bonnie Franklin.

Last edited by retroTVfan4ever : 11-08-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:46 AM   #5
biffbronson

Location: In my dreams, back at age 15 in Erin Moran's bedroom in 1980, making passionate love...

Great looking lady... One of the black & white episodes showcases her nicely, when a boy whose family has just moved in has a look at Mrs. B, and falls for her. Very sexy to see her walking around in heels.

"For you are beautiful ~ And I have loved you dearly ~ More dearly than the spoken word can tell..."

"What's the word?" (Paul Martin) ~~ "I don't want money for nothing." (Timmy Martin) -- Lassie ROCKS! WORD UP

"It's just a dugout that my dad built... In case the reds decide to push the button down..."
Old 09-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #6
storrs19
Forum Regular
B&W TV Lover

Send a message via ICQ to storrs19 Send a message via MSN to storrs19

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grouch
Mr. B. was one lucky dude...

Indeed he was.

As Mr. Griffin said "Baxter you have the best of both worlds: A wife with looks, and a maid that cooks!" LOL
Old 09-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #7
biffbronson

Location: In my dreams, back at age 15 in Erin Moran's bedroom in 1980, making passionate love...

Ha ha -- thanks for posting that line storrs19, it's a doozie!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #8
HarryWild
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS295
Is it just me or did Whitney Blake look pretty freakin sexy in those tight skirts? Then again how could she not against Hazel.

I saw her before Hazel in "Bachelor Father" just a couple of months ago. She was even more hot since she was 6 years younger and play a "hot" date for Bentley! In the episode; she was more stacked then on Hazel and had a shorter hairdo - show off her figure much more with tighter one piece dress that outlined her true figure. In the scene; she or her family wanted her to get married almost immediately and was looking for a proposal from Bentley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_w62E0Cpak
Here is the pilot of Hazel! Whitney is in tight shirt and belt that show her waist in the middle of the show. And Edward Andrew is the husband. He will go on to play mostly "bad" guy types roles.

Last edited by HarryWild : 09-21-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:09 PM   #9
missy's pop pop
Forum Regular
Hooray for "Hazel!"

Lol Whitney Blake was (Black-and-) White Hot!

I confess. I was nine years old when "Hazel" debuted in 1961 (you do the math!), and to me, Whitney Blake was the hottest female on television. I'm not sure which I liked better: Watching her as Dorothy Baxter or watching the Ford commercials (I was as car-crazy as, uh, blonde-crazy back then!).

I also remember liking Connie Hines (another very attractive blonde) on "Mr. Ed," and of course, I went ga-ga over Elizabeth Montgomery on "Bewitched." Unfortunately, these days "blonde" is a synonym for "dumb" (think Suzanne Somers as Chrissy Snow on "Three's Company), so to me, I don't think I'd have more fun with a blonde nowadays (especially since I've been happily married to a brunette for nearly 30 years !)....

Last edited by missy's pop pop : 01-23-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:33 AM   #10
BachelorCat
Frequent Poster

I'm watching the second season right now, Whitney certainly doesn't disappoint. I didn't think anything strange about the form fitting skirts, blouses and sweaters. I notice they repeat her outfits, not a bad idea, since most women didn't have a different dress or ensemble for every day of the year. I think I'm going to stop after the fourth season, the new cast couldn't touch George and Dorothy.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:22 PM   #11
HarryWild
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy's pop pop
I confess. I was nine years old when "Hazel" debuted in 1961 (you do the math!), and to me, Whitney Blake was the hottest female on television. I'm not sure which I liked better: Watching her as Dorothy Baxter or watching the Ford commercials (I was as car-crazy as, uh, blonde-crazy back then!).

I also remember liking Connie Hines (another very attractive blonde) on "Mr. Ed," and of course, I went ga-ga over Elizabeth Montgomery on "Bewitched." Unfortunately, these days "blonde" is a synonym for "dumb" (think Suzanne Somers as Chrissy Snow on "Three's Company), so to me, I don't think I'd have more fun with a blonde nowadays (especially since I've been happily married to a brunette for nearly 30 years !)....

Connie Hines of Mr Ed TV show had the very shapely figure. I recall she was a "C" size. You can see it in a couple of Mr. Ed episode where they are doing formal like parties to entertain critics and business clients. Connie wore formal gowns that went to her shoes but the top part of her dress was open and one dress had no straps either. All were tightly wrapped around her body. It footage shot, show off her in sideview and you can see her in her splendor. It was quick maybe 4 seconds and that was it!
Old 01-15-2015, 04:02 AM   #12
HarryWild
Forum Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwKByyZEg4g
Watch Whitney at 4:18 into this episode of Mannix season 1, episode 10 aired November 25th, 1967 - in a swimsuit! Then later on; in a pink pencil skirt suit with white blouse.

Wow! In this episode it has three hot women together too! Whitney Blake(Hazel), Laraine Stephens(Bracken's World), Norman Fell(Three's Company and Diane Muldaur(McCloud, Star Trek: Next Generation). I may buy this episode just for the stars in it! Big fan of all the above ladies in it!
Old 01-15-2015, 07:14 AM   #13
BachelorCat
Frequent Poster

I liked the female characters' wardrobes on early '60's sitcoms. It's only within the past six years I've gotten a good look at Dorothy Baxter's outfits. I like the early '60's look about everything, it was a good time for me. Here's Dorothy admiring the new Davidson vacuum that Hazel wangled out of Mr. B.
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2015, 09:31 AM   #14
MichaelKeith
Forum Regular

Yeah, Whitney and Connie Hines were beautiful women. Not just good bodies, but pretty faces too. And I won't disagree that the clothes from the 1960s were much more flattering to a woman.

And Whitney's daughter, Meredith Baxter, was truly beautiful. Google her name and look at some of her pictures from the 1970s. Very pretty girl.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:54 AM   #15
Evil Zebra
EZ's TVFactFun

HELLO WHITNEY!!!!!!

UH OH.... I'm in trouble now!!!!!

EZ you are "SUSPENED"....... STOP right now!

Avator is Happy Holidays from EZ and Malia Hosaka

Profile pic is Brandi Wine, Evil Zebra, Malia Hosaka and Hollywood from GLOW