Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-30-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
FonzFan

Location: Jefferson, WI USA/ just around the corner from the home of HD: Milwaukee, WI
Default Happy Birthday Henry Winkler!

Henry turned 67 today! Happy Birthday!!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox." - Professor Severus Snape (HP and the Chamber of Secrets)
Old 10-31-2012, 01:34 AM   #2
Topanga96
Forum Regular
I <3 Cory Matthews

Happy Birthday Mr. Winkler
Old 10-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Old 10-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
Marvo301
Forum Veteran
I'm NOT a Blockhead!

Cool

to America's coolest senior! Aaaayyyy!!

A life isn't worth living unless it has impact on other lives. Jackie Robinson

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin
Old 11-16-2014, 09:06 AM   #5
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

I saw a great Fonzie tribute video to Henry today here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6064134.html
Enjoy!

To many TV fans, Henry Winkler will forever be remembered as the motorcycle-riding heartthrob named Arthur Fonzarelli -- better known as "The Fonz" -- on the popular sitcom "Happy Days." But Winkler, who turns 69 on Oct. 30, has since gone on to produce TV shows, direct movies, and write the popular book series starring Hank Zipzer, a fictional boy who has problems with reading and math.

The celebrated actor also has become the coolest dyslexic champion ever. Indeed he struggles daily with dyslexia, which wasn't diagnosed until he was 31.

When he made his TV debut in 1974 on "Happy Days," Winkler was supposed to be relegated to a secondary role in the story line. But it wasn't long before he was receiving top billing alongside Ron Howard, and attracting fans from around the world. However, by Season 5, TV fans claimed the series was never the same after an episode featuring Fonzie jumping over a shark while water skiing. Ever since, the term "Jumping the Shark" has been a popular phrase, indicating that a TV show has gone on past its prime.

Earlier this year, Winkler, who starred for 11 seasons on the Garry Marshall comedy, recalled Robin Williams' first day on the set as Mork. Winkler said his hardest job going forward was keeping a straight face.

Decades later, Winkler has won over a new generation of admirers with his recent roles in "Arrested Development" and "Royal Pains." He also continues to speak out about dyslexia at venues around the world.

In an interview with Huff/Post50 in 2013, Winkler told us his secret for living a long and happy life: "I live by two words -- tenacity and gratitude. Tenacity gets me where I want to go and gratitude doesn't allow me to be angry along the way. I really love that I'm on this earth and that is the truth."

In celebration of Winkler's 69th birthday, we take a look back in the video above at some of his most memorable moments on the small screen. Happy birthday to the actor who's as nice as he is talented. Ayyyyy!

Video produced by Ben Craw